No announcement yet.

Quinn traded to the Bronco!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOOOO!!! I Don't know why im so excited! I feel like we got a QB who could be better than orton for... literally nothing of value. A 6th round pick we'd blow... We didn't play Hillis at all... Just a chance to develop a guy. never too late.
    Last edited by Jimmy; 03-14-2010, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Complex View Post
      haha browns stole peyton hillis and draft picks from the broncos.
      They stole a late rounder next year and a conditional pick two years from now? Hook me up with whatever you're smoking. Hillis for Quinn is basically a wash.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

Off topic and I am talking about the Wimbley trade, but I am starting to like Oakland's DL. If they get a run stopping DT next to Seymour, they could have a very solid unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
          How can the QB play be good in that situation?
          I was willing to give Quinn this year in hopes he fixed what he was doing wrong.

Quinn's biggest problem was staring at his protection a la David Carr. He was missing wide open receivers down field because he was looking at the pass rush and that's a death sentence for any QB if he can't fix it. On top of that, he is a rhythm QB so if he wasn't feeling it, his accuracy and mechanics were bad.

I think Quinn is a leader and can read a defense, but he didn't trust the guys around him after the snap and that's never gonna work.

Comment

Good trade for both teams. I wish Peyton the best. He should be an effective change-of-pace back behind Harrison.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
              Off topic and I am talking about the Wimbley trade, but I am starting to like Oakland's DL. If they get a run stopping DT next to Seymour, they could have a very solid unit.
              linval joseph @ 8? sorry guys....i actually like oakland fans, but its irresistible and possible.
              SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Watch Both Anderson and Quinn have good seasons now. I wonder if Browns fans will change their minds on him if he plays well?

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                  Am I the only one who likes this move for the Broncos?
                  I think it's good for them. Then again, I'm one of the guys in the "Brady Quinn was ruined by Eric Mangini" camp.

It's pretty much the best possible situation Quinn could walk into (well, until Marshall gets moved). I don't think he has a chance of starting this year. I do think he's going to be in the mix for 2011, though.

At least Bronco fans won't have to see any more of Chris Simms.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                    At least Bronco fans won't have to see any more of Chris Simms.
                    Exactly. At worst, we give up an emergency running back and two late picks for a solid backup QB. At best, we gave up an emergency running back and two late picks for our future starter. Honestly as underwhelming as Quinn is, we can't conceivably lose this trade.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                      Exactly. At worst, we give up an emergency running back and two late picks for a solid backup QB. At best, we gave up an emergency running back and two late picks for our future starter. Honestly as underwhelming as Quinn is, we can't conceivably lose this trade.
                      That's how I feel. Even if Hillis runs for 1,000 yards this year as a FB with the Browns...w hich he won't... We would have never started hillis, he would havebeen of very little value to us.

Comment

Good move by the donks, getting a young QB so they dont have to draft Clausen if he is there. They can now add a LB or Dlinemen with the 11th pick

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I was never a Quinn fan coming out but if there is anywhere quinn can be successful its denver.
                          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

a solid backup qb? have you already forgotten what passed for 'qb play' when quinn played us last year? he *might* be better than the worst backup in the league last year. that's a far cry from anything remotely approaching 'solid'.
                            Not even Tom Brady is making that Browns team good. They had no weapons(Robert Royal was the TE.....I rest my case) on offense what so ever.

I think this is a steal for DEN but then again I think Quinn is a good QB and just needed a change of scenery in the worst way. I've seen all of Quinn's games in ND and I think he has a great shot of succeeding in the McDaniels system. Physically he is more talented than Orton, its just a mental game at this point for Brady. I think he can overcome. I am wondering as to if the mile high air could maybe help the lone weakness of Quinn, which is the longball accuracy. Quinn can throw far but its not accurate.

What pissed me off last year was Cleveland not letting Quinn be free and throw deep considering they played for nothing. Mangini as usual played the offense like he was scared.

Comment

a solid backup qb? have you already forgotten what passed for 'qb play' when quinn played us last year? he *might* be better than the worst backup in the league last year. that's a far cry from anything remotely approaching 'solid'.
                              I think you're being just slightly pessimistic.

And Quinn is a solid fit with us considering he played in an almost identical system in Notre Dame.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

Who actually watched Brady Quinn and thought he was a good quarterback?

The lack of weapons argument only matters if Quinn doesn't suck, which he so clearly does.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information