Quinn traded to the Bronco!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
    linval joseph @ 8? sorry guys....i actually like oakland fans, but its irresistible and possible.
    Dan Williams sounds good to be :D. Doubt it, Campbell will be the pick. Im for drafting Linval in the 2nd or 3rd though. Maybe trade up to get Dan Williams in the late 1st

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I don't think Quinn being garbage (currently) changes the fact that he has a higher ceiling than Simms or maybe even Brandstater. For the price we got him, there's no reason to really be too upset. If he plays like he has, a.k.a. sucky... it's not like we lost much. The thing about Quinn is that he will never be a solid backup. He'll either be an above average to pro-bowl qb, or off the team in two years. BUT It's still just plain wrong to say he doesn't have potential. Likely to be the same as he was in cleveland? Sure.
      Last edited by Jimmy; 03-14-2010, 07:25 PM.

Comment

njx I loathe you
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Who actually watched Brady Quinn and thought he was a good quarterback?

The lack of weapons argument only matters if Quinn doesn't suck, which he so clearly does.
          I've seen all of his games in college which I think should matter more than his Brown days where he wasn't given a fair shake with the offensive changes in coaches and lack of weapons.

Broncos O-Line is also overall better than the Browns so I think it will work to Quinn's favor and give him some air to breathe........not to mention that there is indeed a HUGE Difference of D's between BAL, CIN and PIT vs KC, OAK and SD.

Denver is my pick to win the AFC West. Screw it, saying it now. Love this move.

Comment

Do you guys think this will prompt the broncos to resign brandon marshall now??????

Or do you think we will take Dez Bryant in the draft?

Comment

Browns win imo.

They get one of the top FBs in the NFL and some picks, and they can still get their QB in the draft.

Comment

MoveTheSticks
                Mark Sanchez has started 3 more games than Brady Quinn... BQ will get better with experience. Good fit with McDaniels and that system.

Found that pretty funny. BQ also has a better career QB rating then Sanchez does. Just a funny little stat.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  MoveTheSticks
                  Mark Sanchez has started 3 more games than Brady Quinn... BQ will get better with experience. Good fit with McDaniels and that system.

Found that pretty funny. BQ also has a better career QB rating then Sanchez does. Just a funny little stat.
                  Sanchez had much less career starts at QB vs Quinn. In college and in the pros.

Marky Mark will get better in time.........at least I hope :)

Comment

Originally posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
                    I've seen all of his games in college which I think should matter more than his Brown days.
                    You can't be serious. Please, tell me you aren't serious. The very being of my sanity rests on the belief that nobody could possibly believe something so ungodly stupid.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                      Browns win imo.

They get one of the top FBs in the NFL and some picks, and they can still get their QB in the draft.
                      One of the top FB's in madden? Sure. In reality? He's okay. Hillis is an average blocker at best, and ran for 54 yards and a touchdown last year. He's never proven himself as a FB, he did prove himself as a runningback for a few games.

Comment

Originally posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
                        Not even Tom Brady is making that Browns team good. They had no weapons(Robert Royal was the TE.....I rest my case) on offense what so ever.

I think this is a steal for DEN but then again I think Quinn is a good QB and just needed a change of scenery in the worst way. I've seen all of Quinn's games in ND and I think he has a great shot of succeeding in the McDaniels system. Physically he is more talented than Orton, its just a mental game at this point for Brady. I think he can overcome. I am wondering as to if the mile high air could maybe help the lone weakness of Quinn, which is the longball accuracy. Quinn can throw far but its not accurate.

What pissed me off last year was Cleveland not letting Quinn be free and throw deep considering they played for nothing. Mangini as usual played the offense like he was scared.
                        I don't think the arm was the trouble, it was the accuracy. He is a dink and dunk passer who never puts the ball on the money. Far too erratic to be the style of quarterback that he is. Derek Anderson we all knew had the same kind of problems, but he could really rifle the ball in there with that big arm and could throw the deep ball very well. Big reason why Quinn was benched in favor of DA early in 2009.

The idea about Quinn having upside for Denver I think is the whole basis for why they traded for him. However it's not really a win-win trade for either side. If Quinn turns into something then it's a big loss for the Browns and a huge win for Denver who gave up very little. If Quinn isn't good then the Broncos have nothing and the Browns get a couple late round picks plus a decent back out of it. Boom or bust for Denver, but a very low risk trade nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          You can't be serious. Please, tell me you aren't serious. The very being of my sanity rests on the belief that nobody could possibly believe something so ungodly stupid.
                          Lets be fair, could you really evaluate a player good enough on the Browns considering what they put aside him? Players to get better with a change of scenery, it happens. Drew Brees stunk **** up on god awful Bolt teams, then started to figure the NFL out once the team got better and then when hatching onto a more explosive offense/head coach, began to stud. Not to say Quinn will be anywhere near Brees but you can't dismiss him so soon.

One thing that will be interesting is KC vs DEN this year with the Weis vs Quinn matchup. I will be curious if Brady could change things up since Weis knows Quinn and his abilities quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                            I don't think the arm was the trouble, it was the accuracy. He is a dink and dunk passer who never puts the ball on the money. Far too erratic to be the style of quarterback that he is. Derek Anderson we all knew had the same kind of problems, but he could really rifle the ball in there with that big arm and could throw the deep ball very well. Big reason why Quinn was benched in favor of DA early in 2009.
                            Yeah the arm accuracy was always a problem for quinn when it came to deep balls. He was good on the 8-10 yard throws though but in CLE, I don't think he had much trust with what he was working with. I am wondering if the climate and the amount of sunny weather/good conditions Quinn will work with now will work for his advantage.

Also Mangini and his buddy OC have always wanted to play it safe on offense and rely on the D to burn clock/hold the fort down. Did that since their Jet days(Except Schotty was the OC, who stinks in his own right). Considering the record CLE had at like Novemberish, I was begging to see them open the playbook more on offense but they never did minus the Lions game.
                            Last edited by Thecollegedropout; 03-14-2010, 07:33 PM.

Comment

I've always hated Quinn, but I like this idea for Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                                based on what, exactly?
                                Based on the true QB guru that is your HC and the scheme you run gives him a BETTER chance.
                                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information