• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big will be a average RG getting paid LT money

Clements is getting insane money will only be a top 15 corner

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      Nate Clements

No way he can live up to that contract. $80 million for a corner not named Champ Bailey or Chris McAlister is ludicrious. Clements is a quality corner don't get me wrong but that contract places him as the elite guy and I don't see it happening. He will be matched up twice a year against the likes of Torry Holt, Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Boldin, and Deion Branch, and while he has the chance to develop into a top caliber guy, he's being paid as one and I feel the pressure of said contract will be too much for him to handle.
      You are aware that no matter what, Clements will not see $80 mil from that contract with the 49ers, even if he comes close to playing at en elite level for them. Thats because the last year of the contract will get voided out as soon as he gets his bonuse ( I believe a roster bonus) the last year gets voided out. So its a 7 years 64 million contract, of which he will probably only last 5 or 6. Which is still a lot of money, but not quite that unreasonable considering the other free agent signings this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
        Leonard Davis is not gonna be a bust, he will probably be the best signing because he is playing GUARD!!!!

But w/e, think what you want, we will just throw it in your face next year when he is in the pro-bowl.
        And you wonder why you have -3 rep.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

I'm mildly surprised that no one has mentioned Patrick Kerney yet. Like the guy for his UVA roots ... but 19.5 million guaranteed, or whatever the number was, for a 31 year old DE coming off an injury is a lot. He needs a couple 10+ sack seasons to justify that deal. The supporting DL cast around him in Seattle is decent-solid ... but is it enough to free him up for advantageous situations consistently? Extending this some more, if Kerney and Co. don't generate enough pressure, that'll force them to blitz more, exposing a back 7 that is iffy in coverage, although Grant will help some.

Comment

NOT DONNIE EDWARDS and NOT BONAPARTE HARRIS
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
              Leonard Davis is not gonna be a bust, he will probably be the best signing because he is playing GUARD!!!!

But w/e, think what you want, we will just throw it in your face next year when he is in the pro-bowl.
              Ok then....... why can't someone state there opinion about a certain player??

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
              XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
              Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
              http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Leonard Davis won't be great, its been a while since he played guard and he looks like be ballooned up since those days, even if he gets back down and into shape switch positions again is never easy.

Comment

Two signings I don't like;
                  • Patrick Kerney to Seattle
                  • Joey Porter to Miami

It reminds me of when Hugh Douglas got a large contract from Jacksonville, despite his age. Any time you give that much guaranteed money to 30+ year old pass rusher, it's a dicey proposition.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                    I'm mildly surprised that no one has mentioned Patrick Kerney yet. Like the guy for his UVA roots ... but 19.5 million guaranteed, or whatever the number was, for a 31 year old DE coming off an injury is a lot. He needs a couple 10+ sack seasons to justify that deal. The supporting DL cast around him in Seattle is decent-solid ... but is it enough to free him up for advantageous situations consistently? Extending this some more, if Kerney and Co. don't generate enough pressure, that'll force them to blitz more, exposing a back 7 that is iffy in coverage, although Grant will help some.
                    Excellent point, Kerney slipped my mind. I expect the exact situation with Winstrom to play itself out with Kerney.
                    Last edited by Geo; 03-13-2007, 01:42 AM.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      • Joey Porter to Miami

It reminds me of when Hugh Douglas got a large contract from Jacksonville, despite his age. Any time you give that much guaranteed money to 30+ year old pass rusher, it's a dicey proposition.
                      exactly and when its gauranteed, its kick back mode...maybe he wont try as hard to come back from that injury and kick it will tony montana down in the m i a

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                      12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        • Joey Porter to Miami

You dont have to sugar coat it, we can handle the truth. The team would be better of giving that money away to their fans in a publicity stunt.

Comment

Eh, well I've been into it with enough Dolphins fans about the Porter signing. I was one of those who was most vocal that the Dolphins screwed up. He really struggled last year. At his age I only expect his skills and production to further decline. At the least if you sign him to a contract, make it incentive laden. Instead he's getting 20$ Million guaranteed.

The Kerney signing is interesting because every single Falcons fan here was hoping Kerney would leave and the team wouldn't resign him. Because none of us felt he deserved what he was making, at the time, let alone getting a raise. I think that says everything right there. I like Kerney, but he hasn't been good at all the past two years.
                          Last edited by Shiver; 03-12-2007, 06:53 PM.

Comment

I hate the Langston Walker signing. I don't think he will be starting for us in 2009. I can't imagine a way for him to not be terrible. Not worth that money at all. Would have muich rather just given that money to Lance Briggs when he eventually becomes a Buffalo Bill :D

Comment

All of the Browns signings will go wrong because we're the Browns..............sigh

Comment

Nate Clements.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information