X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49ersfan_87
    started a topic Most likely FA Busts?

Most likely FA Busts?

What are some players that you think will not work out in their new teams? You can use any criteria you like, such as being a bad player, or simply being average but not living up to mega deals, etc.

Langston Walker, T/G- Buffalo

Its not any scheme problem. He is just a bad player.

Ashley Lelie, WR- San Francisco

He is a one trick pony. I dont expect him on the roster at this time next year.

I also thought of putting Joey Porter, because he needs talent around him, but in miami he will have that talent (thomas, crowder, taylor surrounding him in the LB core) So id expect him to do decent.

• Forenci
    replied
    I'll agree with the original post. Ashley Lelie, of course for how cheap they got him, it won't be the end of the world when he becomes a bust.

Ashley Lelie suffers from bad Karma after demanding a trade out of Denver. Needs to learn how to master is Wax On skills..

I have a feeling Nate Clements will be a good signing for them, he probably won't end up getting the $80 million dollars. Was most likely just to make sure he'd sign with them first.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan_87
    replied
    Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
    OK, so what's his base salary for this year? Because a $3.5 million dollar roster bonus is very hefty for an average safety.
    I didnt find that information.

And i agree its a bit much.
    Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 03-13-2007, 10:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied
    Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
    "When safety Michael Lewis signed with the 49ers over the weekend, it was reported as a deal that included $10 million in guarantees. But, according to figures obtained by CBS SportsLine.com, the deal has almost $10 million in roster bonuses -- not guarantees.

Lewis will get a roster bonus of $3.5 million this season, and then if he plays well, he'll get one $3.5 next season and $3 million in 2009. If he doesn't play well, the 49ers can cut him without paying the last two. "

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/we...entry/10030961
    OK, so what's his base salary for this year? Because a $3.5 million dollar roster bonus is very hefty for an average safety.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan_87
    replied
    Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
    I actually think Clements will do well in San Fran...he definitely has his ups and downs but his ups are very, very nice.

For my bust though I stay right in San Fran...Michael Lewis. He actually got benched for Sean Considine last year and he gets $10 mill guaranteed?
    "When safety Michael Lewis signed with the 49ers over the weekend, it was reported as a deal that included $10 million in guarantees. But, according to figures obtained by CBS SportsLine.com, the deal has almost $10 million in roster bonuses -- not guarantees.

Lewis will get a roster bonus of $3.5 million this season, and then if he plays well, he'll get one $3.5 next season and $3 million in 2009. If he doesn't play well, the 49ers can cut him without paying the last two. "

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/we...entry/10030961

Leave a comment:

• HawkeyeFan
    replied
    The BIGGEST Bust will be Ahman Green to Houston.

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied
    I actually think Clements will do well in San Fran...he definitely has his ups and downs but his ups are very, very nice.

For my bust though I stay right in San Fran...Michael Lewis. He actually got benched for Sean Considine last year and he gets $10 mill guaranteed?

Leave a comment:

• Larry
    replied
    Originally posted by mtmock View Post
    No Tnew's right he'll be playing gaurd...and most players who leave arizona turn out better ex:thomas jones...hell make at least 2 pro bowls in the next 4 years mark me down on that...nate clements is the biggest bust idc who you are no CB deserves 80 mil
    Well Clements has produced over his career unlike a Lazy unmotivated Leonard Davis.

Leave a comment:

• mtmock
    replied
    Originally posted by Larry View Post
    I heard he'll be playing RT.
    Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
    Leonard Davis is not gonna be a bust, he will probably be the best signing because he is playing GUARD!!!!

But w/e, think what you want, we will just throw it in your face next year when he is in the pro-bowl.
    No Tnew's right he'll be playing gaurd...and most players who leave arizona turn out better ex:thomas jones...hell make at least 2 pro bowls in the next 4 years mark me down on that...nate clements is the biggest bust idc who you are no CB deserves 80 mil

Leave a comment:

• Larry
    replied
    Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
    Michael Lewis, I donít see him as a starter in the NFL he canít do much of anything right, he is better off as a role player, 49ers are paying way too much money for a backup.
    Not doing anything right must of made him a pro bowler in 05.

Leave a comment:

• TNewFan41
    replied
    Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
    Micheal Lewis.
    Thats a nice pick right there. Kind of out of the box. I agree to some degree, becuase who knows if he returns to pro-bowl form or not.

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
    Like John Abraham... he's talented, but can't hold it together and stay healthy.
    If Abraham could stay healthy, he'd be a Top 10 DE in this league. I can't say the same for Kerney.

Leave a comment:

• BigDawg819
    replied
    Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
    Yeah, you're right. I thought he was injured the year before as well. No need to get all insulting over it.

30+ lineman who suffered a tough injury last year though, he's probably done.
    Ahhh the stench of Sex Panther....................GET THE FIRE HOSE!

Leave a comment:

• portermvp84
    replied
    Langston Walker

Leave a comment:

• NIN1984
    replied
    Langston Walker, Bills are paying him like a pro bowler when really he shouldnít even be starting.

Michael Lewis, I donít see him as a starter in the NFL he canít do much of anything right, he is better off as a role player, 49ers are paying way too much money for a backup.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information