Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
    This thread makes jesus kill kittens
    Posts like this make jesus kill kittens.

Comment

RC3+Morton=

Comment

Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
        Even with Thomas Jones, Charles could have a huge year if they pick up Okung or Bulaga. A line of Okung/Bulaga-Waters-Wiegmann-Lilja-Albert is light years better than what they had last year, plus he would have a full year. I see Charles in the 1200-1400 yards range with almost 2000 YFS.

A top 10 back nonetheless.
        In my opinion, run-blocking is the most over played card in the book. The RB's talent and the caliber of the DEF trying to stop him both have more effect on how the RB performs than the OL's "run-blocking." Of course, there are "elite" guys, but very few guys suck.

Size has something to do with it, so the addition of 285 lbs. Casey Wiegmann and 290 lbs. Ryan Lilja, who was cut because the Colts want to get bigger on the OL, are going to dramatically increase the run-blocking? Maybe the pass-blocking. Adding Okung or Bulaga would definitely help, though, but even the addition of all 3 guys still don't make it impressive. Lilga and Wiegmann aren't even starters on OL's like the Jets and Titans.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Chris Johnson has a better than chance to win it 2x in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
            In my opinion, run-blocking is the most over played card in the book. The RB's talent and the caliber of the DEF trying to stop him both have more effect on how the RB performs than the OL's "run-blocking." Of course, there are "elite" guys, but very few guys suck.

Size has something to do with it, so the addition of 285 lbs. Casey Wiegmann and 290 lbs. Ryan Lilja, who was cut because the Colts want to get bigger on the OL, are going to dramatically increase the run-blocking? Maybe the pass-blocking. Adding Okung or Bulaga would definitely help, though, but even the addition of all 3 guys still don't make it impressive. Lilga and Wiegmann aren't even starters on OL's like the Jets and Titans.

They may not be upgrades to the Jets, Titans or New York Libery, but they are immediate upgrades to what the Chiefs had. Plus the transition to ZBS should suit 'smaller' OL. Just because a guy is big, Adam Terry, doesn't mean he is better than a Ryan Lilja.
            Originally posted by njx9
            i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

i would say Jamaal will be hotter than a firecracker in the fantasy leagues this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BoneKrusher View Post
                i would say Jamaal will be hotter than a firecracker in the fantasy leagues this year.
                Now that's a different story and I agree.

Though he'll probably be a late 1st round pick which will be tough to rely on as your 1st RB off the board. A guy like Ray Rice had incredible value last year and could be had late, that won't happen with Charles so he brings alot more risk to be your first pick.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I remember Steve Slaton.

See how long it takes for RBs to completely fall off the face of the planet?

Comment

Wow, this post made three pages? That's awesome!

Keep it goin!

Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by BoneKrusher View Post
                      Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      Now that's a different story and I agree.

Though he'll probably be a late 1st round pick which will be tough to rely on as your 1st RB off the board. A guy like Ray Rice had incredible value last year and could be had late, that won't happen with Charles so he brings alot more risk to be your first pick.
                      And if you're keeping him in round 15, Shonne Greene in 13, and Aaron Rodgers in 12 you're feeling pretty high and goddamn mighty.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                        Opinion. Just like you have Andre Johnson on there...
                        There's opinion then there's being realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                          Posts like this make jesus kill kittens.
                          I had to edit this post because I would be banned if I didn't

Happy ST. Pattys day douche bag.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                            Now Jamaal Charles is a top 5 RB. Dear god.

Adrian Peterson
                            Chris Johnson
                            Maurice Jones-Drew
                            Frank Gore
                            Steven Jackson
                            Ray Rice
                            Jonathan Stewart
                            DeAngelo Williams

Remember when Michael Turner was a top 5 RB this time last year? Matt Forte?
                            As of Week 14:

Adrian Peterson: 1,123 yds 4.8 ypc
                            Chris Johnson: 1,137 yds 4.4 ypc
                            Maurice Jones-Drew: 1,177 yds 4.5 ypc
                            Frank Gore: 853 yds 4.2 ypc
                            Steven Jackson: 985 yds 3.8 ypc
                            Ray Rice: 844 yards 4.0 ypc
                            Jonathan Stewart: 398 yds 3.9 ypc
                            DeAngelo Williams: 361 yds 4.1 ypc

Jamaal Charles: 1,137 yds 6.2 ypc

The only back that is arguably having a better season than Jamaal Charles this year is Arian Foster.

OPOY? If you're talking about running backs, at 6.2 yards a pop, and considering what he's done for KC, I'd have to say he's in the discussion along with Arian Foster.

Comment

It's a shame Todd won't give Jamaal the ball in the red zone, he does most of the work and then Cassel or Jones gets the TD.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                                It's a shame Todd won't give Jamaal the ball in the red zone, he does most of the work and then Cassel or Jones gets the TD.
                                Just imagine how insane his numbers would be if Jones wasn't even in the picture.

JC might even be breaking the yards-from-scrimmage record if he had been the main back from the start of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information