Jamaal Charles = OPOY 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Splat View Post
    It's a shame Todd won't give Jamaal the ball in the red zone, he does most of the work and then Cassel or Jones gets the TD.
    Sounds a lot like Ray Rice the last two years.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

BTW you can all thank me if you took him as your top RB in fantasy this year after I posted this thread way back in March. I know I did, and am reaping the benefits!

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
        Just imagine how insane his numbers would be if Jones wasn't even in the picture.

JC might even be breaking the yards-from-scrimmage record if he had been the main back from the start of the season.
        Or he would have worn down from double the carries, his YPC would be around 4.6, and he'd have 6 more TDs. Half of the reason Charles has been so effective is because he isn't asked to carry the ball 20 times per game between the tackles.

I swear, its like some people have never watched football before.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          Or he would have worn down from double the carries, his YPC would be around 4.6, and he'd have 6 more TDs. Half of the reason Charles has been so effective is because he isn't asked to carry the ball 20 times per game between the tackles.

I swear, its like some people have never watched football before.
          See, the problem is, you truly don't know what would have happened had he been given more carries. You really don't. You can assume things, but in the end, that doesn't mean s***.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
            See, the problem is, you truly don't know what would have happened had he been given more carries. You really don't. You can assume things, but in the end, that doesn't mean s***.
            Which is why you also can't assume he'd be challenging the yards from scrimmage record. It goes both ways.

Comment

Even tho Jones takes red zone touches away from Charles I'm more then glad he is here, I will be the first to say Jones is a huge reason why Charles is having the kinda year he is having.

I also think that people assume Jones is getting more touches then Charles because Jones is the "starter", but from mid season on Charles has been getting the ball more.

Comment

I find that most guys do better with more carries. Maybe not more than 25, but getting less than 10 does a guy no favors at all.

I'd try to keep a guy between 15 and 20 carries, and if he's still looking strong at 20, keep going.

Charles might have even higher YPC with more touches.
                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Anyway, the point is that Jamaal Charles is, without question, one of the top three running backs in the NFL this year, if not THE top running back.

Which is what I predicted back in March, and everyone laughed at the possibility.

Comment

he is not the Top Runningback, he isnt even in the top3 rbs this season

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                      Name me three running backs that are having better seasons than Charles this year.

He leads the league in YPC, and is second only to MJD and Arian Foster in total yards rushing.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                        But he's averaging over 6 yards per carry behind a somewhat questionable OL. I'd say Charles is in the top 3 no matter what the stats say. As for OPOY goes... Idk, it's still too early for me to say. There hasn't been an offensive player who has put together a dominating performance besides Brady, but I don't think he should be menioned here seeing as he looks like a lock for the MVP at this point. I actually think that I would put Maurice Jones-Drew at the top of my list for OPOY right now. The guy is beasting with no help what so ever from his teammates.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                        I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                          But he's averaging over 6 yards per carry behind a somewhat questionable OL. I'd say Charles is in the top 3 no matter what the stats say. As for OPOY goes... Idk, it's still too early for me to say. There hasn't been an offensive player who has put together a dominating performance besides Brady, but I don't think he should be menioned here seeing as he looks like a lock for the MVP at this point. I actually think that I would put Maurice Jones-Drew at the top of my list for OPOY right now. The guy is beasting with no help what so ever from his teammates.
                          Peyton Hillis, Arian Foster, MJD.

i just dont think having 4 TDs is a lot for a top3 RB especially a RB that is a home runner(and i do understand there are people there spelling him and that he might get it)

Comment

Charles hasn't been so much of a home runner hitter this year as a guy who rips off a bunch off 15-20 yard runs. Though a lot of that has to due with the types of runs (outside as opposed to up the middle) he's getting this year as opposed to last.

Comment

AD not getting mentioned as a top back by people still confuses me.

Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                                AD not getting mentioned as a top back by people still confuses me.
                                Don't get me wrong. I think AD is the best back in the game, including last year. But if we're talking OPOY he's not even in the conversation at this point imo.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                                I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information