Aaron Rodgers = 2010 MVP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
    Don't you have to win a playoff game before you're "the best QB in the NFL"?

Legend_Killer, meet Peyton.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
      i'll jump in the homerism. there's no way aaron rodgers puts up the numbers he did against the lions this year. kvb, corey williams, and possibly suh will flatten him. we'll actually be able to drop people back into coverage and generate a pass rush without blitzing 60% of the time. plus we aren't starting will james anymore. so subtract a good 400 yards and 4 touchdowns from your totals from last season, bump up the sacks by a couple, and throw in a couple interceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post

Legend_Killer, meet Peyton.
        Lol, that's what I was going to say. He was crowned best QB in the NFL when his only signature win was a comeback on Monday Night Football against Tampa Bay.

Comment

I still have some blind faith in Carson Palmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Job View Post
            I still have some blind faith in Carson Palmer.
            seconded. He's a much better QB than he's shown the past seasons.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Carson Palmer is a great passer but I don't think he'll ever reach the MVP type potential. He'll always be a tier below in my book.

Comment

Peyton Mannin = MVP 2010

Aaron Rodgers is fighting for offensive player of the year. The media loves Manning peter he can do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Complex View Post
                  Peyton Mannin = MVP 2010

Aaron Rodgers is fighting for offensive player of the year. The media loves Manning peter he can do no wrong.
                  Although this is partially true, Rodgers has outperformed Manning in just about every category but wins the last two years.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                    Lol, that's what I was going to say. He was crowned best QB in the NFL when his only signature win was a comeback on Monday Night Football against Tampa Bay.
                    ...Really? Because my recollection goes that there was no real consensus until January of 2007, that got wiped away by January of 2008, and made a quick comeback in early September of 2008. I was involved in FAR too many debates on the subject to be convinced that Manning was the consensus best QB in the NFL since 2003, or even 2004.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

mark sanchez.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                        ...Really? Because my recollection goes that there was no real consensus until January of 2007, that got wiped away by January of 2008, and made a quick comeback in early September of 2008. I was involved in FAR too many debates on the subject to be convinced that Manning was the consensus best QB in the NFL since 2003, or even 2004.
                        Peyton wasn't in the best QB in the NFL discussion before he won the SB you say? Yes he was! Before he won his damn ring we were just assuming he was going to be the next Dan Marino.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Attention all homers: Please come by and hype your QB! Please come by and hype your QB. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                            If you didn't catch all of the Packers games in 2009, you missed the [second]coming out party of one of the greatest quarterbacks in the NFL right now: Aaron Rodgers.

This cat seemed to hit his stride in the 2009 season in a huge way. He led the league in completions over 40 yards despite being sacked 50 times and ended the season at a remarkable 30:7 TD/INT ratio and 4,434 passing yards.

Check out his stats:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...gAa00/gamelog/

Look at the explosion in wins in the second half of his second year starting in the league. If this is a portent of things to come, I'm calling it right now: Aaron Rodgers will be most valuable player of the year next year and could challenge Peyton Manning for "best quarterback in the NFL" title.
                            Coming out party, eh? That explains the 'stache.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                              Peyton wasn't in the best QB in the NFL discussion before he won the SB you say? Yes he was! Before he won his damn ring we were just assuming he was going to be the next Dan Marino.
                              Did you read consensus as discussion or something? Because his post is pretty much entirely true. For like 5 years it was ALWAYS Manning and Brady as 1a and 1b. Since Brady's knee injury its been Peyton 1 and then a bunch of other people like Rivers, Brees, Brady and Rodgers in behind him since Brady has come back recovering from his injury. Manning has really only been considered the general consensus best QB in the league since Brady got injured, like he was saying.

Comment

Seriously though Rodgers will be an MVP contender next season. In order in terms of likelihood I'm gonna say:

Peyton Manning
                                Chris Johnson
                                Philip Rivers
                                Tom Brady(I think he rebounds this year)
                                Aaron Rodgers

And then a slew of other guys after this top tier.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information