Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Complex View Post
    Peyton Mannin = MVP 2010

Aaron Rodgers is fighting for offensive player of the year. The media loves Manning peter he can do no wrong.
    The first part may be true, but the second part is not the cause.

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
    Although this is partially true, Rodgers has outperformed Manning in just about every category but wins the last two years.
    Give Manning a competent running game and that probably isn't the case. Don't get me wrong, I think Rodgers has what it takes to be a great (which would be incredible luck for your franchise), but the stats of the two players alone don't tell the story in this case.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
      Tom Brady(I think he rebounds this year)
      He rebounded last year, that was pretty much Tom Brady's career average year.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Comment

Drew Brees.

/endthread
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

No chance Chris Johnson gets MVP next season. Back to back 2000 yard seasons? That would kill a man.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

From the 24th pick in his draft class to MVP, not bad. They've got to protect him better though, if GB fixes their o-line they can get back with Team Favre & contest for the division title.

Getting even with the Vikes is only p/o the vengeance though, it's the 9ers' noses Northern California native & Cal Golden Bear Rodgers is going to rub in it, they & their moron GM Terry Donahue passed on him for Smith b/c Smith was a "better team leader," & gave him $24M guaranteed. Better team leader, my ass.....
            Last edited by LizardState; 03-18-2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
              Did you read consensus as discussion or something? Because his post is pretty much entirely true. For like 5 years it was ALWAYS Manning and Brady as 1a and 1b. Since Brady's knee injury its been Peyton 1 and then a bunch of other people like Rivers, Brees, Brady and Rodgers in behind him since Brady has come back recovering from his injury. Manning has really only been considered the general consensus best QB in the league since Brady got injured, like he was saying.
              For a guy critisizing my reading skills you're not doing such a dandy job yourself. The discussion was never about who was the best QB in general, that was always Manning. What the Brady camp (or at least, what I in my defense of Brady) always said was that even though Manning had all the numbers and all the talent in the regular season, we would prefer Tom Brady solely based on the fact that the guy is more reliable a winner in the postseason. And that discussion will rage on since in my book, Manning still hasn't won a superbowl he didn't ride his defense into.

Oh and thanks the underlining the word 'consensus', I really wouldn't have cought it unless you underlined it. Next time, please bold it too, so it'll get through my thick monkey brain even faster, you condescending ass.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                He rebounded last year, that was pretty much Tom Brady's career average year.
                Anyone who saw Tom Brady last year knows he wasn't the Tom Brady of old. Career averages can be thrown out since he has Welker and Moss to throw the ball to instead of David Patten and Troy Brown.

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                Drew Brees.

/endthread
                Wow. I fail. I totally forgot about him. How does that even happen? I'd slot him right behind Peyton Manning. Wow. Can't believe his name didn't even enter my mind. Unbelievable.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                  For a guy critisizing my reading skills you're not doing such a dandy job yourself. The discussion was never about who was the best QB in general, that was always Manning. What the Brady camp (or at least, what I in my defense of Brady) always said was that even though Manning had all the numbers and all the talent in the regular season, we would prefer Tom Brady solely based on the fact that the guy is more reliable a winner in the postseason. And that discussion will rage on since in my book, Manning still hasn't won a superbowl he didn't ride his defense into.

Oh and thanks the underlining the word 'consensus', I really wouldn't have cought it unless you underlined it. Next time, please bold it too, so it'll get through my thick monkey brain even faster, you condescending ass.
                  Lol, then how is that an argument for Tom Brady?

I think we can all agree that Drew Brees is the greatest thing ever.
                  Originally posted by SNIPER26
                  fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                    Lol, then how is that an argument for Tom Brady?

I think we can all agree that Drew Brees is the greatest thing ever.
                    if Drew keeps up playing like he did past season he's more than worthy of an MVP award.

I'm gonna pretend you didn't write that other part because if you won't bother reading my entire post and focus on one phrase instead, so will I.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Coming out party, eh? That explains the 'stache.

Are you insinuating that staches "cool"? I think great men like Ron Burgandy, Chuck Norris, and Tom Selleck along with Rodgers may have something to say about that

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post

You do realize that Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl that he didn't ride his defense into either, right? By the way, I find it interesting that Manning rode the lowest ranked scoring defense to ever win a Super Bowl to the Super Bowl he won.

Anyone who saw Tom Brady last year knows he wasn't the Tom Brady of old. Career averages can be thrown out since he has Welker and Moss to throw the ball to instead of David Patten and Troy Brown.
                        I saw Brady last year, that was the Tom Brady of old. What it wasn't was the Tom Brady who typically had 5-6 seconds to throw for the vast majority of the 2007 season.

Comment

You do realize that Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl that he didn't ride his defense into either, right? By the way, I find it interesting that Manning rode the lowest ranked scoring defense to ever win a Super Bowl to the Super Bowl he won.
                          Peyton's offense was much better so he didn't need the D to score. Seriously it wasn't a knock on the guy, I basically said he's the better QB what the hell more do you want? All I said is that Brady took worse teams than Manning to the playoffs and won Superbowls with them.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

I saw Brady last year, that was the Tom Brady of old. What it wasn't was the Tom Brady who typically had 5-6 seconds to throw for the vast majority of the 2007 season.
                            Peyton did get carried big during the playoffs, the year he won the superbowl. I don't think he had one good game during the playoffs (lol he even sucked against the chiefs). I know he got superbowl MVP ( which he didn't deserve) , he played almost as bad as JaMarcus Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by Complex View Post
                              Peyton did get carried big during the playoffs, the year he won the superbowl. I don't think he had one good game during the playoffs (lol he even sucked against the chiefs). I know he got superbowl MVP ( which he didn't deserve) , he played almost as bad as JaMarcus Russell.
                              If you honestly think that, especially the last part, you need to A) rewatch the game and B) understand basic concepts of football such as "take what the defense gives you" and slightly more advanced concepts such as why running the ball against a 2 deep zone usually produces a successful result.

Comment

If you honestly think that, especially the last part, you need to A) rewatch the game and B) understand basic concepts of football such as "take what the defense gives you" and slightly more advanced concepts such as why running the ball against a 2 deep zone usually produces a successful result.
                                Um he threw 2 ints against the ravens, 3 ints against the chiefs lmao, 1 in against the pats and 1 against the bears. He only threw 3 TDs in 4 games Peyton manning is amazing. Amazing choke artist that is.....

Peyton= Godly regular season QB
                                Peyton= Playoff Choke Most of the time

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information