Seahawks send 3rd round pick for CHARLIE WHITEHURST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
    Charlie Whitehurst commands more in a trade than Brady Quinn...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
    It's funnier that he'll bring in more than Cromartie.

Comment

Damn. I was one of those people who liked Whitehurst when he was coming out of Clemson. I thought he'd be as nice developmental prospect (and considering he just gave the Chargers back the same value pick that was spent on him, I guess he was for San Diego at least), but it was my impression that he had done **** all since entering the NFL. Not that I was expecting him to unseat Rivers or anything, but there must be a much higher opinion of him in NFL circles than his press and preseason performance would suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
        I'll admit I'm stunned. Whitehurst was terrible last time I saw him live (ironically - against the Seahawks). I had one too many, and booed him loudly. He never impressed in training camps that I attended either, so I don't know what they're seeing in him, at all. I really want to know which tapes they are looking at that lead them to believe he is worth the gamble. Reading over the comments page of the Seattle Times, fans seem pretty furious, and if they had seen what I've seen.....
        I hope you didnt pay the 50 cents for the Seattle Times because i could have told you fans up here would be pissed.

Big picture you never know how these things turn out. Maybe the player they covet in the 2nd is still there for them 20 picks later and just maybe they dont take a QB in the draft and get a better one coming out next year.

Right now it smells but we'll know better come draft day. I think they could have got Whitehurst for less.

Comment

This sounds calculated, drop to the bottom of the second, ensure you've got someone even if Hasselbeck gets injured who can at least operate an offense for two years.

Draft a QB who should still be there bottom of the 2nd, to develop, who'll take a few years to develop. Tebow anyone?

Comment

As a chargers fan gotta love it! we can now draft solid NT and HB or even steal a top player that slipped a bit out of the first round. Of course hawks fans gotta be wondering about this move until whitehurst shows what he can do. But it's nothing compared to what happened in denver last year, it's not that much of a risky move IMO.
            They knew that senecca was clearly not the future and whitehurst gives them a pretty solid backup that might pan out (who knows?), and in the worst case he gives them sometime to groom a draftee.

Comment

How is moving up 20 spots in the 2nd, and a future 3rd, the equivalent to a 3rounder this year? Doesn't make sense to me. I would have been happy with a future third and a swap of 4th round picks, that seems more fair to me. With that said, why is Whitehurst worth 10 million over 2 years? I don't understand that either.

Comment

Notice how people continue to bash the move, but nobody has a better idea for how Seattle should address their huge, huge need for a long term starting QB. The longer they wait around for the perfect QB prospect to fall into their lap, the longer it will be until they are likely to be consistent contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                  Notice how people continue to bash the move, but nobody has a better idea for how Seattle should address their huge, huge need for a long term starting QB. The longer they wait around for the perfect QB prospect to fall into their lap, the longer it will be until they are likely to be consistent contenders.
                  They should address it via draft.

Now, I will continue to laugh at the move.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                    They should address it via draft.

Now, I will continue to laugh at the move.
                    Which QB and where should they have drafted him had they not traded for Whitehurst? Show me this significantly lesser risk than the move they made.

Keep in mind, it's now easier for Seattle to use their 2 first round picks on other positions if they don't like any of the first round possibilities at QB.

Comment

only two year deal because jake locker is coming to town next season.
                      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                        God damn it you beat me too it...

Comment

that's cynical... why would they spend all that cash and all that dow if they're wonna pick 1st overall regardless? Doesn't make any sense, they could just get some scrub on the team do do that.

also I think Locker is already in town :P

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Wow...that hadn't crossed my mind.

edit: and if they can't get Locker, there are some other strong looking QB prospects that may be available next year. Whitehurst at least gives then quality depth(on paper IMO) if Hasslebeck can't stay healthy next year and they need someone to compete with a rookie first rounder in 2011.
                            Last edited by Halsey; 03-18-2010, 05:14 PM.

Comment

For those in the Jake Locker camp this move is a little puzzling. Whitehurst may pan out sort of like a Matt Cassel or a Matt Schaub but pardon me if i dont see him taking the Hawks to the Superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                                For those in the Jake Locker camp this move is a little puzzling. Whitehurst may pan out sort of like a Matt Cassel or a Matt Schaub but pardon me if i dont see him taking the Hawks to the Superbowl.
                                If the Hawks are still in position to get Jake Locker, Charlie Whitehurst won't stop them from picking him up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information