Seahawks send 3rd round pick for CHARLIE WHITEHURST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seahawks send 3rd round pick for CHARLIE WHITEHURST

The Seattle Seahawks and San Diego Chargers have completed a trade that sends third-string Chargers quarterback Charlie Whitehurst to Seattle for draft picks.The Seahawks swapped the 40th pick in the second round with San Diego's 60th pick and also will send the Chargers a third-round pick in the 2011 draft.
    0 NFL Regular season snaps...Wow... Nothing much to say here.awful move even to obtain a backup. Huge gain by the chargers. They better see A LOT in this guy. He'll be 28 this season. The send a 3rd and swap a 2nd w/ the Chargers.

Normally this trade wouldn't be thread worthy but it's just so bad value wise I had to post it

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5005254
    Last edited by Jimmy; 03-18-2010, 10:24 AM.

lolwut? that is all...

Comment

Whitehurst is 28 years old, year older than Aaron Rodgers

Comment

I agree, I wouldn't have given up a third for a backup.

Maybe a fourth, because he'll probably start sometime during the season for Seattle, especially if the offensive line doesn't hold up and Hasselbeck's back goes awry again.

Also, I think this all but solidifies an OT being picked at #6

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Wow. That's just a bizarre move. I had heard that they might offer a fourth for him but even that seemed a little excessive. I don't think they'll take Clausen at this point, but I could be wrong. Still, if they feel like Whitehurst is good enough for all that, they probably see him as a starting quarterback.

Comment

The Chargers got more for Whitehurst than they did for Cromartie.

Comment

Anyone remember what the Texans gave up for Schaub? How does this compare?

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                Anyone remember what the Texans gave up for Schaub? How does this compare?
                this is much much more I.M.O.
                Some were pretty sure schaub was going to be decent, whitehurst on the otherhand..... well you know what. it's charlie whitehurst. that explains it.

they flopped firsts and houston sent 2 2nd's btw. in any event. wow.

Comment

But Mike Teel Is The Future There!
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                    this is much much more I.M.O.
                    Some were pretty sure schaub was going to be decent, whitehurst on the otherhand..... well you know what. it's charlie whitehurst. that explains it.

they flopped firsts and houston sent 2 2nd's btw. in any event. wow.
                    Ok yeah, that is a lot more. But at least with Schaub it looks like they made the right move and he had playing experience. This move seems a bit reckless.

Comment

I liked Charlie Whitehurst the prospect. Quite a bit actually. If you don't remember, check out some YouTube highlight clips from Clemson (I know thats not that accurate, but its the only way to really check him out).. you can tell hes talented. I thought he was a legit prospect with starter potential.

But that was pre him being behind Billy Volek on a depth chart for a bunch of years..How could he not beat him out? Its not like hes really young and needed to develop... hes 28..
                      So while I loved him coming out in the draft, no one has ever seen him in a regular season NFL game, and the Chargers didnt even feel comfortable enough to make him the backup. So I dont understand why his price was this high...

Comment

Such a ******* terrible move by the Seahawks. They could have got a potential starter at #40 but instead swap down twenty spots AND on top of that they send a 2011 3rd rounder?

No wonder Pete Carroll left for college when he could years ago. This dude will be out of the league in three years, if that.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Many fans always assume a QB will be a bust before he ever gets a chance to play. They seem to have an idea in their head that teams should only acquire sure fire star QBs. Well, that's not realistic. Teams have to gamble in order to find quality QBs. Seattle gave up a lot because that's what it takes to get a talented young QB. It's not like Seattle has a lot of options. One way or another they have to take a risk on a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                            I liked Charlie Whitehurst the prospect. Quite a bit actually. If you don't remember, check out some YouTube highlight clips from Clemson (I know thats not that accurate, but its the only way to really check him out).. you can tell hes talented. I thought he was a legit prospect with starter potential.
                            I saw him on You Tube once looked good.

Signed,
                            Pete Carroll

Comment

It seems like a REALLY stupid move right now, but I'm going to reserve judgement to see if Whitehurst can play. Personally, I don't think he can, but I've been wrong many times before. If they think he can start for them a 3rd isn't a high price I suppose.

He was a 3rd round pick three years ago. Maybe they figure that they're getting a 3rd round pick that will be a solid backup without having to develop him at all.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information