Briggs prepared to sit out season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Briggs prepared to sit out season

"I am now prepared to sit out the year if the Bears don't trade me or release me," Briggs told FOXSports.com via cell phone Monday. "I've played my last snap for them. I'll never play another down for Chicago again."
    Fox Sports, Jay Glazer article

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

Comment

aahhhh you could cut the tension with a knife!

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

And the plot thickens. Please come to Buffalo for Baltimore's 7th round selection. Is that asking too much? I wouldn\t mind giving up both of our 3rd round picks for him, maybe a 2nd next year or Baltimore's 3rd next year depending on what other teams are offering.

Comment

If he ends up in Buffalo wow.
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

He'll Be On A Different Team By The Time The Reg. Season Starts

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

I like Briggs, but I'm not a fan of holdouts.

If you deserve money, you will end up getting paid, one way or another.

Comment

I've gotta say I'm really doubting it. 7 mil (or whatever it is) to play one year or sitting out. IMO he's just bluffing to obviously get them to trade him so he can get his mega deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
                  He'll Be On A Different Team By The Time The Reg. Season Starts
                  Why the hell would you capitalize the first letter of every word, but then use an abbreviation for regular? Weird.

Comment

This is going to get very interesting because i doubt they are going to move him this season.
                    RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

I think this will work it's way like the Javon Walker situation last year. On draft day, somehow, someway, Briggs is elsewhere. If I were Buffalo I wouldn't hesitate to give up my 2nd round pick.

Comment

Have fun sitting out.

Comment

Yea he will probably end up being moved close to draft day, i think a second and maybe a conditional pick in next years draft would be enough for him

Comment

The Bears cant actively trade him, and him being so public about it only hurts his chances. The Bears own his rights, they hold all the cards so to speak. The Bears did offer him a long term deal, and yes it was probably worth less then what he could have made this offseson (probably a lot less considering how much money is being thrown around). He would most likely have seen every last cent of the long term deal the Bears offered, which is something you probably cant say for most free agent signings. So at the end of the day, he would still get paid about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              I think this will work it's way like the Javon Walker situation last year. On draft day, somehow, someway, Briggs is elsewhere. If I were Buffalo I wouldn't hesitate to give up my 2nd round pick.
                              That's true. I think this situation is more in the FO's favor though, IIRC Walker was on his rookie contract still and was coming off the injury. If he played he would've made little anyway so he could hold out to cash in big elsewhere.

With Briggs, he has over 6 million waiting for him if he just signs the tender... I could see him playing this year under the tag then refusing next year as he would have a whole lot more money.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information