Briggs prepared to sit out season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hugepunch View Post
    what are you kidding me? they didnt want him back after he produced one of the top defenses in the league? are you serious. wow. in case you werent paying attention to lovies contract situation they were trying to nickel and dime him b4 they signed him to that deal buddy. i tihnk your the one that needs to stop talking.
    Youre very misinformed about the Lovie and Rivera situations. The "nickel and diming" of Lovie was a media creation. The two sides were in negotiation the entire time. Of course the Bears are going to offer Lovie less than he wants. Its a business negotiation. Lovie wanted 5 millions he got a little less than that. Negotiation successful with both sides happy.

The Rivera's contract was up and Lovie Smith didnt want him back. It was his decision to go with Babich, someone who has coached with Lovie in the Tampa 2 scheme since Lovie was in Tampa. Lovie Smith is the defensive guru in Chicago and if the rest of the league didnt already know this then why hasnt Rivera gotten a HC job after interviewing with more than 8 organizations over the last two years.

With the Briggs situation, you don't seem to be acknowledging that Briggs was offered a long term contract that would have made him(at the time) the 2nd highest paid player on our team. He wanted to be paid higher than Urlacher and that wasnt going to happen because the Bears believe it or not value the former DPOY more than Briggs. He has the long term deal or the franchise tender to choose from. If he doesnt like his choices he should complain to the player's union.

Comment

what are you kidding me? they didnt want him back after he produced one of the top defenses in the league? are you serious. wow. in case you werent paying attention to lovies contract situation they were trying to nickel and dime him b4 they signed him to that deal buddy. i tihnk your the one that needs to stop talking.
      Yes, they did not want Rivera back. He even stated as much, that it wasn't about money, that he would have liked to come back, but the Bears organization wanted to go another way. No contract was ever offered, so there is no possible way for them to "nickel and dime" him.

As for Lovie's contract, how do you know this? Were you there during Lovie's contract negotiations? Has Lovie ever publicly stated anything about it? How about the Bears front office? Have you read anything that is of primary evidence or are you merely accepting whatever the media is spoon-feeding you?

You speak in these finalities with absolutely no evidenciary support.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

bro i know how much 7.2 million is i grew up in greenwhich ct. 7.2 million is not enough money to live on the rest of your life if you want to live extravagantly. he is in the position to do so. so why not cash in. im sick of people saying players only care about the money. he has the talent and he worked hard all his life to get here he DESERVES his payday.
        1)Nobody that grew up in Greenwich, CT should ever be legally allowed to say "bro". Sorry. Not gonna happen.

2)He is not in a position to cash in, obviously. If he was, he would sign a big contract. The Bears own his rights. It's not that complicated.

Comment

• Why do we still care?

Seriously, this is being analyzed way too much.

he'll throw his hissy fit, Chicago will be open to a trade only if they get something real good in return.

If not, he'll have his choice of making 7 million, or not making 7 million...

...which one do you think he'll choose?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            Why do we still care?

he'll throw his hissy fit, Chicago will be open to a trade only if they get something real good in return.

Becuase your fellow Giants fan won't let it die because he wants Briggs on the Giants.

Comment

Why do we still care?

i agree........
              Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
              Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Becuase your fellow Giants fan won't let it die because he wants Briggs on the Giants.
                Briggs won't work in our system. He needs to stay in the Cover 2, hes built for it.

Comment

• Yeah but you know when Coughlin gets fired, youre going to hire a Tampa 2 coach. =) Dont fight it. It's inevitable.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    holy **** im notdebating on weather or not he will sit or not. he doesnt have the balls to sit. im saying its not right he bears tagged him bottom line. tagging a player is bush. what the hell do you know about greenwhich, you ever been there? i love how people hate on people with money. its pathetic. read my posts over. im stating what he rather take 20 mill or 7 mill.

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Briggs won't work in our system. He needs to stay in the Cover 2, hes built for it.
                    yea hes the perfect cover 2 lb.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                      Yeah but you know when Coughlin gets fired, youre going to hire a Tampa 2 coach. =) Dont fight it. It's inevitable.
                      I can't tell you how worried I was when Ron Rivera couldve been our next HC. I know BF51 and Shiver were really pulling for it to happen too, lol.

Comment

• why dont the bears just trade him? if he sits, thats one player your short of, makes your defense not as strong as it was before, so why not take a early 2nd straight up for him, its alot of good LB's left there, who will be younger and cheaper....

i dont understand keepingn someone who doesnt want to play, if he does play, what if he decides to play half ass, and blow coverages, who knows, but they should just get something for him

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Why do we still care?

well put (ten)

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Briggs is scheduled to appear (in studio?) for this afternoon's Sportscenter, for those interested.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              why dont the bears just trade him? if he sits, thats one player your short of, makes your defense not as strong as it was before, so why not take a early 2nd straight up for him, its alot of good LB's left there, who will be younger and cheaper....

i dont understand keepingn someone who doesnt want to play, if he does play, what if he decides to play half ass, and blow coverages, who knows, but they should just get something for him
                              Briggs is an elite player, he won't be traded for an early second round pick

sig by VLS
                              Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                              I don't care...

Comment

• briggs is talking on espn

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information