Briggs prepared to sit out season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugepunch View Post
    no way are you guys getting a first round pick for briggs.. thats way to much.
    Deion Branch got a 1st. It's not unreasonable.

Anyone that even suggests a third is a moron. I would say minimum high 2nd.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

He seems really ticked at the orginization, so I wouldn't be too suprised.

(Let's see him in Tampa!!)

bonekrusher on the sig magic
      <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
      <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        Bears will budge first b/c they want compensation for somebody that will just be sitting out
        You don't know much about the Bears do you?

Comment

no way are you guys getting a first round pick for briggs.. thats way to much.
          No way are the Giants getting him for only a second round pick. And no way are the Giants getting him and 37 or 31 for just their first round pick.

sig by VLS
          Originally posted by Smokey Joe
          I don't care...

Comment

neeeeww yooork giiiiants. its going to look awesome with briggs making plays in blue.
            What would you guys offer the Bears?

Thanks BoneKrusher!

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              And I'm seven feet tall. There are two rules to the offseason.

1)Never believe anything anyone says about the draft ever.

2)Never believe anything anyone says in regards to contract negotiations.

Quite frankly I doubt Briggs has the money to skip the whole season. He's been making less around 500k. He's going to turn down 7.2 million for one year? I doubt it. But we'll see.
              first of all he can take out loans. last time i checked 500k is alot of money in the real world..im sure he has family that will let him live with them if need be, or friends.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Deion Branch got a 1st. It's not unreasonable.

Anyone that even suggests a third is a moron. I would say minimum high 2nd.
                Briggs is a much better linebacker than Deion Branch is a receiver.

sig by VLS
                I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                  No. 31 and Briggs to Buffalo for no. 12
                  Heh, no way you get that much for Briggs. If anything, hope for a lower 1st round pick.
                  The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

and i didnt mean to sound like a snob either.. i read my post and realized i did.. lol

Comment

first of all he can take out loans. last time i checked 500k is alot of money in the real world..im sure he has family that will let him live with them if need be, or friends.
                      His contract was up, if he didn't play he wouldn't be making anything. What bank in their right mind would give a loan to someone whose ability to pay it back is based on being in peak physical condition?

sig by VLS
                      I don't care...

Comment

Id offer the Bears a High 2nd rounder and a conditional pick in next years draft and maybeee another late round choice in this years draft

Comment

But why would he do that? What is he going to get out of it? The Bears are not going to back down. Jerry has already said that if he wants to get paid he can show up and if not then too bad. Sure he could live off of it, but it would be pretty stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                            Heh, no way you get that much for Briggs. If anything, hope for a lower 1st round pick.
                            Umm...check out a trade chart sometime. That is the value of a high 2nd pick.

Comment

Boy, he's a feisty little bugger.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

oh yea and about the whole deion branch thing, draft picks are worth much less in the begining of the season than they are now. which is logical considering early in the season you dont know what you'll be getting in a draft pick you could wind up gettin the #1 overall or #32 but now you know what your getting... i still think its a bit high for deion branch but theres no way the seahawks make that kind of trade right now if he was still a pat

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information