Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Briggs prepared to sit out season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by njx9
    i can't comment on briggs' intelligence, but i'd have to guess he hasn't had a sound financial plan (based on nothing but watching MTV Cribs). if he hasn't invested well, that money is basically gone at this point, moreso because the taxes on his salary alone will roughly cut it in half. meh. the injury argument is the only one that makes any sense, but i think he's an idiot if he banks on next year's cap being anything like this years if there's money on the table.
    Next year's cap will probably go up 3 million I'm guessing. Not nearly the 9 or so it has each of the last two years. Either way teams are still a ton of money under the cap with very few quality free agent left, if there were any to start off with. I don't think contract prices will go up next off season but I would assume we will see similar deals. Also I've never seen his MTV Cribs, ha. Only seen Will Demps. I don't know how he deserved one.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by drmoyer421 View Post
      Everyone may know the Briggs and Jauron connection. And both have said great things about each other, as Briggs said he would like to play for Jauron again.

      BUT.. Did you know that before Levy took the job as GM here in Buffalo, he was one of the announcers for the Bears. And he was one of the first to say that Briggs was a superstar in the making.

      Both the Coach and GM love Briggs, and we have a need at LB. I have a feeling that this may be a draft day type trade. The Bills will see thier choices at the #12 and possibly make a move. That or I could even see giving a next years first round pick for him with one of thier thirds
      All very good points. Although as I recall Levy had a radio show, he wasn't an announcer. But yes, Marv is in love with all things Chicago, which is why he keeps trying to sign all of our coaches and players.


      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        Eh, with how crazy the markets are getting him sitting out a year is realistic. I'm sure he would never stay on a friend's couch, that is just dumb. But my guess is that Briggs had made about 3 million in his career so far. If he isn't a complete moron with his money, he could sit on his ass in a nice apartment for a year and do nothing. Going back and playing for 7 million guaranteed is a risk of getting a career ending injury when he could probably sit a full year, not risk injury, and get 18-20 million guaranteed in 2008.
        Unless they tag him again, which they probably will.

        Jerry Angelo makes Jeffrey Lurie look like Santa Claus. I think you're all forgetting that. He traded Jones because he wanted to.


        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          All very good points. Although as I recall Levy had a radio show, he wasn't an announcer. But yes, Marv is in love with all things Chicago, which is why he keeps trying to sign all of our coaches and players.
          Ha HA.. true. And yes you are right about the radio show. I mistyped!

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by drmoyer421 View Post
            Everyone may know the Briggs and Jauron connection. And both have said great things about each other, as Briggs said he would like to play for Jauron again.

            BUT.. Did you know that before Levy took the job as GM here in Buffalo, he was one of the announcers for the Bears. And he was one of the first to say that Briggs was a superstar in the making.

            Both the Coach and GM love Briggs, and we have a need at LB. I have a feeling that this may be a draft day type trade. The Bills will see thier choices at the #12 and possibly make a move. That or I could even see giving a next years first round pick for him with one of thier thirds
            Also the Bills are a non-conference team that the Bears won't be playing for another couple years. It's a good fit, but I definitely see it as a draft day trade once the Bills see what they have at 12.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              Unless they tag him again, which they probably will.

              Jerry Angelo makes Jeffrey Lurie look like Santa Claus. I think you're all forgetting that. He traded Jones because he wanted to.
              If he tags him again then Angelo is just a spiteful ass. Bottom line.

              Comment


              • #67
                I'm surprised they haven't gotten a trade for him yet. Would you mind trading a 1st round pick for him? Think about it, he's an all-pro quality player that will have an immediate impact on the defense, and on top of that, he's only 26. If you draft a lber in the first round, more than likely, he won't be as good as Briggs. It'll take him a while for him to adjust, and even after he does adjust, what's to say that he's going to be an all-pro like Briggs? I haven't heard how much the Bears have been asking though, so that might be why no deals been done.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                  Why the hell would you capitalize the first letter of every word, but then use an abbreviation for regular? Weird.
                  he didnt, if you post completely in caps it changes to that

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    If he tags him again then Angelo is just a spiteful ass. Bottom line.
                    He's a business man. This isn't the business of making friends.

                    And being a spiteful ass can get you very far in life. Maybe if Briggs has a problem with the franchise tag he should talk to his own union, which authorized the renewal of it. If they don't like it so much, don't put it in there. The Bears are doing what they are legally allowed to do to protect their interests.


                    Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by dhoe20 View Post
                      I'm surprised they haven't gotten a trade for him yet. Would you mind trading a 1st round pick for him? Think about it, he's an all-pro quality player that will have an immediate impact on the defense, and on top of that, he's only 26. If you draft a lber in the first round, more than likely, he won't be as good as Briggs. It'll take him a while for him to adjust, and even after he does adjust, what's to say that he's going to be an all-pro like Briggs? I haven't heard how much the Bears have been asking though, so that might be why no deals been done.
                      According to Jerry (and take it for what it is worth) he said they would consider no trade offers.


                      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        He's a business man. This isn't the business of making friends.

                        And being a spiteful ass can get you very far in life. Maybe if Briggs has a problem with the franchise tag he should talk to his own union, which authorized the renewal of it. If they don't like it so much, don't put it in there. The Bears are doing what they are legally allowed to do to protect their interests.
                        Well that is a whole another story. I could go on for a while about how poorly the football players union is run and how much of a clown Upshaw is.

                        What year did Angelo become GM by the way.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          If he tags him again then Angelo is just a spiteful ass. Bottom line.
                          yea, if he tags him the bears organization has no class.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            If he tags him again then Angelo is just a spiteful ass. Bottom line.
                            Or he wants to receive compensation for one of his best players.

                            sig by VLS
                            Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                            I don't care...

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              Quite frankly I doubt Briggs has the money to skip the whole season. He's been making less around 500k.
                              I'm sure 99.9% of the people in the world would love to live on 500k a year.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                According to Jerry (and take it for what it is worth) he said they would consider no trade offers.
                                According to Jerry we weren't trading Thomas Jones either.

                                sig by VLS
                                Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                                I don't care...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information