Briggs prepared to sit out season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
    It happens to football player in general. Its a terrible fallacy to say that just because something applies outside of football that it should apply inside the NFL. I gave you an example of something that applies to the NFL but doesnt apply to average Joe's.
    But it has nothing to do with what he was saying.

Comment

just wondering who is Briggs' agent?

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
        just wondering who is Briggs' agent?
        I believe it's Rosenhaus (sp)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

ok now i understand why he is holding out

Comment

I don't think he will sit the whole year but...He is taking a HUGE risk there. If he does that, he can guarantee that any team that was looking into him this year will think twice about doing it next year. He will be seen as a player who only cares about himself and not his team. This is not a good idea if you ask me.
            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
              99.9% of the people in the world don't retire before theyre 35 because their bodies have completely shut down and they can't remember their children's names because of one too may concussions.
              Neither do 99% of NFL players. There is risk involved in this business, but not necessarily more than hundreds of other jobs that ordinary people work in (who don't receive millions of dollars to play a game).

Comment

It's completely non-related. What people that don't play football would take as financial compensation doesn't matter. Who cares? That's probably why they don't play football.

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                  Why the hell would you capitalize the first letter of every word, but then use an abbreviation for regular? Weird.
                  HAHA! Love it... great post.

+Rep.

(About topic: Good. Everyone thought that he'd just shut his mouth and play. If he's fed up with the organization, they should do the right thing and fix it... not just ignore him.)
                  Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    It's completely non-related. What people that don't play football would take as financial compensation doesn't matter. Who cares? That's probably why they don't play football.
                    The point was he should have plenty of money to last a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                      HAHA! Love it... great post.

+Rep.

(About topic: Good. Everyone thought that he'd just shut his mouth and play. If he's fed up with the organization, they should do the right thing and fix it... not just ignore him.)

I already posted about that, he didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                        Neither do 99% of NFL players. There is risk involved in this business, but not necessarily more than hundreds of other jobs that ordinary people work in (who don't receive millions of dollars to play a game).
                        But the risk and short lived career should be taken into account when commenting about a players so called "greed".

I may have misunderstood the original comment so I apologize if I did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                          The point was he should have plenty of money to last a year.
                          Of course. But is he going to turn down 7.2 million for nothing? I don't think so. But again, we'll see. Anything that anyone says right now is purely speculating. Briggs is property of the Chicago Bears. They own his rights. He can play and make money or not play and get nothing. If they trade him then good for him, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            Of course. But is he going to turn down 7.2 million for nothing? I don't think so. But again, we'll see. Anything that anyone says right now is purely speculating. Briggs is property of the Chicago Bears. They own his rights. He can play and make money or not play and get nothing. If they trade him then good for him, but I don't think it's going to happen.
                            Just because you don't want it to happen dosen't mean it wont. :)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                              Just because you don't want it to happen dosen't mean it wont. :)
                              No I'm looking at this pretty objectively. I completely understand Briggs' perspective on this. He just doesn't have any leverage. Players say this every year and it never ever happens. In the history of the franchise tag there hasn't been a single player that has missed one game. Think about that.

Comment

• i think he has all the leverage

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information