X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
    i think he has all the leverage
    Go on.......

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
      i think he has all the leverage
      Why is that?

sig by VLS
      Originally posted by Smokey Joe
      I don't care...

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        No I'm looking at this pretty objectively. I completely understand Briggs' perspective on this. He just doesn't have any leverage. Players say this every year and it never ever happens. In the history of the franchise tag there hasn't been a single player that has missed one game. Think about that.
        He wasn't tagged, but threatening to sit out unless he was traded worked for Deion Branch. I don't see how Branch had more leverage than Briggs has now.
        Last edited by Basileus777; 03-12-2007, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• how is going to hurt him not to play? I guarantee even if he sat out an entire year he would still make bank the next off season or if the bears chose to franchise him again its another 7 mill to sit on his can

and at this point any team that offers to trade for him is gonna want to know if he will play so thus giving him the option to choose where he goes

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            No I'm looking at this pretty objectively. I completely understand Briggs' perspective on this. He just doesn't have any leverage. Players say this every year and it never ever happens. In the history of the franchise tag there hasn't been a single player that has missed one game. Think about that.
            I realize that, I was just giving you some ****.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Who are some possible AFC teams that would trade for Briggs? I doubt Angelo will trade Briggs to any possible NFC contender much like how he trade Thomas Jones to the Jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                He wasn't tagged, but threatening to sit out unless he was traded worked for Deion Branch. I don't see how Branch had more leverage than Briggs has now.
                Yes he was. Lance Briggs was tagged by the Chicago Bears, hence why he is bitching. Am I missing something here?

Lance Briggs doesn't hold any leverage. We don't have to trade him. We don't have to do anything. He can sit on his ass this year and not play while not collecting a pay check. The ball is in his court, not the organizations.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Ok nevermind, I thought you were talking about Briggs Basileus. Or were you? Clear this up for me please.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                    Yes he was. Lance Briggs was tagged by the Chicago Bears, hence why he is bitching. Am I missing something here?

Lance Briggs doesn't hold any leverage. We don't have to trade him. We don't have to do anything. He can sit on his ass this year and not play while not collecting a pay check. The ball is in his court, not the organizations.
                    The same was true for Deion Branch. In the end Branch still got what he wanted. Granted the Bears might refuse to cave in, but there is still probably a decent chance that Briggs will be traded.

Comment

• If Briggs sit this one out and the bears somehow get nothing for him he deserves man of the year.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

Comment

Ok nevermind, I thought you were talking about Briggs Basileus. Or were you? Clear this up for me please.
                        I was using the example of Deion Branch from last year to show that threatening to sit the year out has forced teams to trade a player. Branch wasn't tagged, but he didn't have anymore leverage than Briggs has now. Yet Branch was still traded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                          The same was true for Deion Branch. In the end Branch still got what he wanted. Granted the Bears might refuse to cave in, but there is still probably a decent chance that Briggs will be traded.
                          So you were talking about Branch, ok gotcha. My fault.

Anywho, the Bears will trade him if they WANT to, not because they HAVE to. If they feel like the the best thing is to trade Lance because they get a good deal, they'll do it. But they won't trade him because he wants to be traded.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                            If Briggs sit this one out and the bears somehow get nothing for him he deserves man of the year.
                            How funny though would that be if they franchised him again next year, hahahahah.

Comment

So you were talking about Branch, ok gotcha. My fault.

Anywho, the Bears will trade him if they WANT to, not because they HAVE to. If they feel like the the best thing is to trade Lance because they get a good deal, they'll do it. But they won't trade him because he wants to be traded.

Didn't they trade their best RB because he wanted to be traded?

they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                                Didn't they trade their best RB because he wanted to be traded?
                                They traded Thomas Jones because they were confident in Cedric Benson, and the value they were receiving was worth it in Jerry Angelo's mind. It was because Jerry and Lovie wanted to, not because Thomas wanted to.

sig by VLS
                                Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                                I don't care...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information