X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiver
    started a topic Briggs prepared to sit out season

Briggs prepared to sit out season

"I am now prepared to sit out the year if the Bears don't trade me or release me," Briggs told FOXSports.com via cell phone Monday. "I've played my last snap for them. I'll never play another down for Chicago again."
    Fox Sports, Jay Glazer article

• Bearsfan123
    replied
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    75% of all teams are playoff caliber teams.
    i concede. Theres no argument against it, but after playing them in the NFC Championship game i would figure we wouldnt want to help them get better.

Leave a comment:

• bearsfan_51
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
    they are a playoff caliber team. Why would we send him to someone we will most likely meet in the playoffs?
    75% of all teams are playoff caliber teams.

Leave a comment:

• Bearsfan123
    replied
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    The Saints aren't our rival.
    they are a playoff caliber team. Why would we send him to someone we will most likely meet in the playoffs?

Leave a comment:

• P-L
    replied
    Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
    Briggs is an elite player, he won't be traded for an early second round pick
    What is your definition of elite? If you feel that Briggs is an elite player do you feel that guys like Matt Hasselback, Terrence Newman, Larry Fitzgerald, and Alge Crumpler are also elite?

Leave a comment:

• bearsfan_51
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
    that doesnt make sense. To send him to a rival?
    The Saints aren't our rival.

Leave a comment:

• Bearsfan123
    replied
    Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    i think he fits nicely with the saints...and gives them room to make more happen on draft day, just depends on how pricey it gets for them, id like to see him go after him though
    that doesnt make sense. To send him to a rival?

Leave a comment:

• LonghornsLegend
    replied
    i think he fits nicely with the saints...and gives them room to make more happen on draft day, just depends on how pricey it gets for them, id like to see him go after him though

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    Say what you will about him being a cover 2 linebacker he'd be a beast on the weakside.

Leave a comment:

• KBear
    replied
    Originally posted by hugepunch View Post
    whats the bears cap space look like?
    If you take into account 7mil for Briggs, it should just be over $10 mil in cap room.

then there 1-2 mil they will save for the season to use if to sign a free agent if needed because of injuries. and then there is the 3 mil or so they will need to sign their rookies. So basically they have around 5 mil to spend of free agents this year. And if they want to resign Ruben Brown and save money to use next offseasonto resign their own players, bascially they really dont have that much money to sign other free agents.
    Last edited by KBear; 03-14-2007, 05:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• neko4
    replied

Bruhahahaha, I can dream cant i?

Leave a comment:

• hugepunch
    replied
    Originally posted by KBear View Post
    the Bears cant actively try to trade him. Another team needs to inquire about him and they can try to offer the Bears something other then the two first round picks the Bears would be owed.
    whats the bears cap space look like?

Leave a comment:

• hugepunch
    replied
    Originally posted by Damix View Post
    Not a bad interview, I'm sure Drew was there telling him what to say though
    yea, briggs was confirming my points throughout the whole interview.

Leave a comment:

• KBear
    replied
    Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    why dont the bears just trade him?
    the Bears cant actively try to trade him. Another team needs to inquire about him and they can try to offer the Bears something other then the two first round picks the Bears would be owed.

Leave a comment:

• Damix
    replied
    Not a bad interview, I'm sure Drew was there telling him what to say though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information