Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for rules changes

Competition Committee outlines three major changes for safety

NFL Competition Committee co-chairmen Jeff Fisher and Rich McKay said today at the annual league meetings in Orlando that while overtime has been the most-discussed topic from their recent recommendations to the league owners, the committee's highest priority was making changes to promote player safety.

Fisher, the Titans' head coach, outlined three recommendations for rules changes that the Competition Committee:

1. Standardize protection for defenseless players.

2. Protect ball carriers whose helmets come off by blowing the play dead.

3. Expand the rule protecting long snappers from being hit immediately after a snap.

McKay said everyone in the league has had a "very positive" reaction to those three recommendations.

They need to do something about illegal contact and pass inteference calls. I think the offense has a huge advantage.

Comment

all those seem pretty good, but theres no way of knowing how the rules will be changed because those are all really general suggestions. Like are we standardizing defenseless players rules to be more like the quarterback rules aka if it looks bad then its a fine and 15 yard penalty or are we dimming it down because quarterbacks shouldnt be favored so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
        They need to do something about illegal contact and pass inteference calls. I think the offense has a huge advantage.
        agree, alot of times it should be a no call. And getting the ball at the one when theres pass interference in the endzone is extremely annoying and game changing, unless its blatant like when Calvin Johnson was tackled essentially before Stafford threw the ball, even then its still cheap.

Comment

No lining up over the LS at all. Christ, I want to be a LS.
          "Oh please Mr. Tough Lineman, don't hit me until I snap this ball and have prepared myself."

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Jason Witten does not approve.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Jeremy Shockey agrees with Jason Witten.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
              Originally posted by JBCX
              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

dwayne rudd agrees with witten and shockey, he just throws his helmet around

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information