No announcement yet.

Haynesworth: "I don't think I'm built to be a nose tackle"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll acccept EvilBroncosModerator as a custom title. But where would that leave njx?

Anyway,to at least try to put this boat back on topic, I think Haynesworth could do it. I mean, he isn't a conventional NT but at the same time he has the talent and physical ability to play any position on the line, 3-4 or 4-3.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
      I'll acccept EvilBroncosModerator as a custom title. But where would that leave njx?

Anyway,to at least try to put this boat back on topic, I think Haynesworth could do it. I mean, he isn't a conventional NT but at the same time he has the talent and physical ability to play any position on the line, 3-4 or 4-3.
      Njx should just change his name into *shrug*

I think Haynesworth's biggest strenght is that he's able to lug that big body towards the QB so... yeah he's probably better suited to be a 3-4 end.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
        Kind of, that's the role I think Brace could do in NE as well.
        I don't see that fit at all. Brace isn't nearly as athletic as Haloti, he's a big plugger who will eventually be a great NT for you guys, if Vince ever gets hurt or anything, but I don't see him much as a 3-4 end. While I'm no expert, I just remember really liking him as a prospect last year but only as a NT, or as one of the Williams twins in Viking land just standing there plugging the middle.

As far as Haynesworth, ya, he could do it, but that would be a lot of wasted ability. If they're serious about this switch to the 3-4 and leaving him at NT and not moving him to the 5 tech, then they should try to ship him out of town. There are a large number of 4-3 teams that could use his presence.

Comment

Originally posted by the_dark_knight View Post
          I don't see that fit at all. Brace isn't nearly as athletic as Haloti, he's a big plugger who will eventually be a great NT for you guys, if Vince ever gets hurt or anything, but I don't see him much as a 3-4 end. While I'm no expert, I just remember really liking him as a prospect last year but only as a NT, or as one of the Williams twins in Viking land just standing there plugging the middle.

As far as Haynesworth, ya, he could do it, but that would be a lot of wasted ability. If they're serious about this switch to the 3-4 and leaving him at NT and not moving him to the 5 tech, then they should try to ship him out of town. There are a large number of 4-3 teams that could use his presence.

How did you come to that conclusion?

I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

This is ridiculous. Read the whole article before commenting on that one line. Gotta love how people try to stir @#$ up.

"I mean, I wouldn't really say that," Haynesworth said. "We've got a good coach and all that stuff. Whatever they ask me to do, that's what I'm gonna do. I'm not gonna be a distraction or anything. I'm just gonna do what they ask me to do."

"The thing I really like about [Shanahan], I mean, he's an awesome coach and even better person. You can just go and talk to him, be honest with him and open up to him and he'll talk to you and tell you everything. I mean, it's unbelievable. It's almost a different feel, a completely different feel from last year with the coaches and stuff.
            Last edited by DiG; 03-22-2010, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
              This is ridiculous. Read the whole article before commenting on that one line. Gotta love how people try to stir @#$ up.
              well if you read most guys here say he's probably a better and and behold:

Originally posted by Albert Haynesworth
              Hopefully they put me at end and that's where I play at. End in 3-4 is the same thing as a defensive tackle in the 4-3, I believe.
              Originally posted by Albert Haynesworth
              My thing is, they pay me to play football, as long as I'm dominating and being that great player, then that's all that matters. No matter how I get there, as long as they want me doing that, then that's what matters....
              Big Al agrees, but notes that he ain't getting paid to do what he wants, he's getting paid to do what coaches want.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                I think Haynesworth's biggest strength is that he's able to lug that big body towards the QB so... yeah he's probably better suited to be a 3-4 end.
                I thought it was getting paid?

Comment

Shanahan is charge of what the defense is doing is a very very bad idea, especially a 3-4 he doesnt traditionally run.

Oh well, I am sure true to form if it doesnt work he will just fire the def coordinator and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    How did you come to that conclusion?
                    Wasnt my statement, but, because he is fat and strong. Casey Hampton has being getting along by being those things alone the past 3 years...he was a pro-bowler this year.

Comment

Titans fans are free to correct me, but it was my impression that Tennessee's defense under Schwartz showed the occasional 3 man front and Haynesworth saw time both at the 0/1-tech and out at the 5-tech. Then again, Schwartz's defense didn't rely on having a dominant gap plugger, and so Haynesworth was freed up to pursue most of the time.

I think most people saw this coming. No matter where Haynesworth went, he was going to face a more structured defense than the one Schwartz ran and it's tough to not ask a guy that big and strong to, you know, act like a big defensive tackle should. Honestly, I think Haynesworth is looking at this the wrong way. Players like Shaun Rodgers and Kris Jenkins have recently been hugely disruptive playing the nose in a 34 defense and there's no reason to think Haynesworth couldn't do as well or better than either of them.

One thing is for sure...Haynesworth isn't making and friends with the new regime in Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post

"I mean, I wouldn't really say that," Haynesworth said. "We've got a good coach and all that stuff. Whatever they ask me to do, that's what I'm gonna do. I'm not gonna be a distraction or anything. I'm just gonna do what they ask me to do."

"The thing I really like about [Shanahan], I mean, he's an awesome coach and even better person. You can just go and talk to him, be honest with him and open up to him and he'll talk to you and tell you everything. I mean, it's unbelievable. It's almost a different feel, a completely different feel from last year with the coaches and stuff.
                        Exactly everyone blows everything he says completely out of proportion. He will play where ever Shanahan/Haslett want him to play he said.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
                        2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

Why would Haynesworth want to be a NT in a 3-4? He knows the move will obviously hurt his production and limit his ability to rush the passer. He could have a bigger impact than Kris Jenkins but could be an absolute monster as a 3-4 DE too. Though if they are running a 3-4/4-3 hybrid, he'll most likely play the NT.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                            One thing is for sure...Haynesworth isn't making and friends with the new regime in Washington.
                            How is that? By telling this new regime he will do whatever they ask of him? Wow what a trouble maker

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
                            2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                              Wasnt my statement, but, because he is fat and strong. Casey Hampton has being getting along by being those things alone the past 3 years...he was a pro-bowler this year.
                              Yea but Hampton played quite a bit as a rookie, was productive, and showed he has the skills to be a dominant NT at times. Brace has showed none of that, and had trouble even getting on the field. I'm just curious about what he's shown to lead anyone to believe he'll be a great NT eventually, not to call him a bust or anything but I think you'd like to see more then what he's shown before you assume he'll be the longterm starter at NT in the future.

I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
                                How is that? By telling this new regime he will do whatever they ask of him? Wow what a trouble maker
                                By appearing in the news left and right with small gripes about what they expect of him. As I recall, Shanahan likes **** to be dealt with in house, not in a dialogue through the media.
                                Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 03-22-2010, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information