No announcement yet.

QBs working with pitching coaches?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weeklong sessions focused on his throwing motion and the small muscles around the shoulder, all of which are expected to help Flacco's accuracy, arm strength and longevity.
    ermmmmm

Throwing motion? For reals?

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      Like Renji said, hes gunna learn to curve passes around defenders. THEN HE WILL REIGN SUPREME!
      won't he devellop a sidearm though?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

[Jake Locker plug] Jake Locker can throw a 96 mph fastball. [/Jake Locker plug]

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
          [Jake Locker plug] Jake Locker can throw a 96 mph fastball. [/Jake Locker plug]
          that's pretty damn fast. I wonder if he could do the same with a football... that would be insane.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I'm thinking this is probably to help his short area accuracy with velocity, i.e. for those passes around the 5-15 yard mark away from the LOS where there's more defenders lurking, thus windows closing faster, he probably wants to drill **** in faster, rather than have his motion overhauled. Then again, this is just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
              ermmmmm

I assume they'd be tightening up his mechanics. You see it in baseball alot.. pitchers get lazy with their mechanics and you'll see their velocity fall and their control turn to ****. A perfect example of this is that fat ass Dontrelle Willis...

I'm not so sure how it'll translate in football, but I'm sure that's exactly what they're going for.

Comment

Originally posted by papa burgundy View Post
                I assume they'd be tightening up his mechanics. You see it in baseball alot.. pitchers get lazy with their mechanics and you'll see their velocity fall and their control turn to ****. A perfect example of this is that fat ass Dontrelle Willis...

I'm not so sure how it'll translate in football, but I'm sure that's exactly what they're going for.

It can work just fine. He does not have to be on a mound. Medicine balls, cyber machine, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                  Possibly to improve his "arm strength"? Who knows? I'd imagine he has to be working on something involving his core/legs though, he can't be getting mechanics tips from a pitching coach.
                  That's exactly what it is.

Football players don't actually derive their arm strength from their arm at all. Like with pitchers, it all comes from leg and core strength. The stronger you can drive off of your back foot and the faster you can rotate your trunk, the harder you can throw the ball.

Comment

For realsies though they should be working with SDSU's pitching coach, not the Trojans'.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                      ermmmmm

Thanks for finding that, I think it would be good for Flacco. I know a lot of people were not impressed with him in the playoffs but like that article said he was hurt towards the end of the season real bad.

Comment

Too bad Flacco already has one of the strongest arms in the league, his problem is accuracy and decisiveness in the pocket. Not sure a baseball coach can help you with that.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I've always felt like my throwing motion with a football sucked because I throw it like I do a baseball. Makes my elbow hurt after a lil bit.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                            Too bad Flacco already has one of the strongest arms in the league, his problem is accuracy and decisiveness in the pocket. Not sure a baseball coach can help you with that.
                            Pitchers seem to be really accurate and still throw extremely fast, so I'm guessing they're trying to maximise his accuracy without losing velocity.

Comment

There is a really funny part in the book "Meat Market" where Ole Miss (I think) is trying to convert a minor league pitcher to a QB and he is throwing bullets no matter what kind of pass it is and breaks a RB thumb (could be another finger) on a screen pass. That guy never became an Ole Miss QB... Good book by the way

Comment

honestly thought you meant pitching as in a sweep pitch....not a baseball pitch....sorry a moment of britishness there

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information