QBs working with pitching coaches?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QBs working with pitching coaches?

Joe Flacco has been working with USC pitching coaches to work on his craft. The Ravens offensive coordinator Cam Cameron suggested it. I was wondering has this ever happened before, if so did the QB improve? I dont understand why a QB would go work with a pitching coach.

I've never heard of something like that. Maybe he's working on a gyro ball?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

he is going to throw curve passes

Comment

Kind of an odd choice for Flacco to work with USC pitching coaches. They might have a better program though, I don't follow NCAA Baseball at all.

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
          Kind of an odd choice for Flacco to work with USC pitching coaches. They might have a better program though, I don't follow NCAA Baseball at all.
          If Cameron recommended it he probably has some ties there from his Chargers days.

Comment

Pitching coaches know how to improve shoulder strength, and velocity on the football. Not like it can hurt any.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Like Renji said, hes gunna learn to curve passes around defenders. THEN HE WILL REIGN SUPREME!
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Isn't that how Tebow learned to throw a football?

Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Ive heard of pitchers learning to throw with a football but not the other way around.

Im a USC fan, but idk why anyone would want to work with USC's pitching coach, he has destroyed arms over the years.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

football toss can help warm up the arm strength and thats it. I dont see football throwing could help a pitcher to pitch better due to elbow and grip difference.

Working with pitching coach? I guess it is about torso or release.

Comment

Hes learning to throw the nuckle ball, McNabb has mastered that.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

that must be where brady quinn learned to throw his eephus pass

Comment

Possibly to improve his "arm strength"? Who knows? I'd imagine he has to be working on something involving his core/legs though, he can't be getting mechanics tips from a pitching coach.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                              he is going to throw curve passes
                              the best possible joke. This is known as getting Renjied.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information