No announcement yet.

More Rules Changes For 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so if he muffs the ball he is now allowed a chance to recover the muff before it hits the ground................when is the last time someone muffed a punt and recovered it before it hit the ground? It sounds like basically if he bobbles the punt on a fair catch then you can't tackle him until the ball hits the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by bantx View Post
      Maybe the rams are getting boring c;
      They're already boring, so I'm used to it, and have been for the last 4 - 5 years.

In general, the NFL going to head south, players will soon be wearing flags.
      | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

• When a ball strikes a videoboard (as one punt did last preseason at Cowboys Stadium), guide wire or sky cam, the play is whistled dead and replayed. The game clock is reset to when the play started.
        I actually like this one...

...but all others suck.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
          The umpire position is a great move. The defenseless player thing makes sense, as does the personal foul enforcement. The rest seem completely unnecessary.

Goodell doesn't make rules changes..
          No, but it would be fair to say that since his time as commissioner rule changes have been much easier to pass and more frequent.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
            the muffed punt rule is idiotic. if you call a fair catch, and you don't catch the ball, it's live. if you called a fair catch, no one is teeing up, ready to "hit stick" you. if you muff the punt, it's a fumble.

whatever. it's clear the nfl owners would rather there be no contact by any players at skill positions so that no one's precious investment is injured, than actually play football (see: the proliferation of this [A defenseless player cannot be hit in the head or neck by an opponent who launches himself and uses his helmet, shoulder or forearm to make contact.] kind of crap).
            I hate to sound like an anti-kapitalist, but that's the market system for you.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Helmets are for pussies

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                Helmets are for pussies

yes, but those pussies are now officially jailbait.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                  yes, but those pussies are now officially jailbait.
                  Only someone with Pedobear could pull that off.

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    so if he muffs the ball he is now allowed a chance to recover the muff before it hits the ground................when is the last time someone muffed a punt and recovered it before it hit the ground? It sounds like basically if he bobbles the punt on a fair catch then you can't tackle him until the ball hits the ground.
                    This exact incident happened this year. The refs called it just like it says in this "new" rule. The ball hit him in the chest, he lunged forward to catch it before it hit the ground after it popped up off his chest, and someone grabbed it in mid air. They threw the flag for fair catch interference.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

This is a good example.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                      The umpire position is a great move. The defenseless player thing makes sense, as does the personal foul enforcement. The rest seem completely unnecessary.

Goodell doesn't make rules changes.

No, when he calls for a fair catch he can't be hit at all.
                      And if he doesn't catch it, the ball should be live.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

NFL players can live with those new rules. One problem with moving umpire from LB area to HB area is umpire and referee read the same area.

Comment

And if he doesn't catch it, the ball should be live.
                          Until it hits the ground he is catching the ball still.

I have no problems with the clarification of the rule it makes sense, the fair catch is so you can catch it without interference. I don't think that two or three grabbing should change that. A muff that hits the ground is fair game as always as is the player who muffed it.

I don't see the big deal on this one. I mean honestly, how often does a plater muff it and then catch it anyway? Will have more players catching away from their body if they are smart though as that greatly increases the chance of catching on a second chance compared to trying to bread basket the ball.

First one listed is my worry, what is a defenceless player? What is to stop a defensive player from sort of stumbling into a lead blockers way and acting defenceless? Does the rule not basically completely outlaw a blindside block as that player is defenceless to that act. I think it is an abysmal rule change like nearly every contact related rule change over the last couple of years has been.

Once again the rules committee continues to pussify the sport...

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

the defenseless player thing bothers me too. What is defenseless and what is just not being aware? If a LB is tunnel visioned on a RB and WR crack backs on him, is he defenseless? (See Rivers and Ward in 08) I dont think so. I think youre head should be on a swivel at all times.

bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

Comment

So if a player loses his helmet, but he has an open field in front of him and won't be caught, he gets screwed over and the play is dead....

They should make it 2 hand touch if he loses his helmet. That way you don't get screwed out of a sure TD. If there's a defender in position to tackle him the play is over.
                              "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                                they should just play football. if i don't want to get hit, i can go out of bounds or go down. 2 hand touch? really?
                                2 hand touch hurts!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information