More Rules Changes For 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Rules Changes For 2010

• A defenseless player cannot be hit in the head or neck by an opponent who launches himself and uses his helmet, shoulder or forearm to make contact. Previously, this applied only to receivers.

• When a ballcarrier loses his helmet, the whistle will blow and the ball will be placed at the spot where the player lost it.

• The umpire will be stationed behind the offensive backfield rather than in the linebackers area.

• During a field goal or extra point, no player can line up directly across from the snapper. Previously, a player needed to have his helmet outside the snapper's shoulder pads.

• A dead ball personal foul on the final play of the second or fourth quarters will cause a 15-yard penalty on the second-half or overtime kickoff. Previously, no penalty was enforced.

• If a punt returner makes a fair catch signal and muffs the ball, he is entitled to a "reasonable opportunity" to catch the muff before it hits the ground without interference of the coverage team. In case of a penalty, the ball will be placed at the spot of the interference but no yardage marked off.

• When a ball strikes a videoboard (as one punt did last preseason at Cowboys Stadium), guide wire or sky cam, the play is whistled dead and replayed. The game clock is reset to when the play started.

• If the clock is stopped in the final minute of either half for a replay review but would not have stopped without the review, officials will run off 10 seconds before resuming play. Either team can take a timeout to avoid the runoff.
    Thoughts ??

Mike Will & V-Jax

• When a ballcarrier loses his helmet, the whistle will blow and the ball will be placed at the spot where the player lost it.
    • If the clock is stopped in the final minute of either half for a replay review but would not have stopped without the review, officials will run off 10 seconds before resuming play. Either team can take a timeout to avoid the runoff.
    I think these rules both suck.

sig by fenikz
    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
    You are just a terrible person.
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    I have an iPhone.

Comment

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Goodell gtfo.

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
        I think these rules both suck.
        so does jason witten

Comment

The umpire will be stationed behind the offensive backfield rather than in the linebackers area.
          I like this.

Comment

I ******* hate the muff punt rule. The defenders are already giving him a chance to catch the ball without interference. Now if he drops it, they have to give him a chance to recover his own **** up?

Comment

The only good rule change is the umpire relocation.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                I ******* hate the muff punt rule. The defenders are already giving him a chance to catch the ball without interference. Now if he drops it, they have to give him a chance to recover his own **** up?
                no i think if he doesnt get it directly and muffs it back into the air, they are not allowed to just hitstick them

Comment

This is a good rule. This ****** the Dolphins last year in the Saints game. They stopped the clock to review a touchdown as the time expired, the Saints were out of timeouts, and they reversed the play to have the ball down at the one. Since they didn't get the call right initially and had to review it, the Saints had extra time and were able to get a field goal that they wouldn't have been able to get if the initial call was correct. This rule prevents that.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                    That rule hasn't change. It's more of a clarification. Technically you haven't muffed the punt til it hits the ground, its just for cases when the returner "double catches" the ball or it bounces off his chest. He still has the right to catch the ball without contact until it touches the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                      no i think if he doesnt get it directly and muffs it back into the air, they are not allowed to just hitstick them
                      Which is ******* stupid. The guy touches the ball, he can get hit. If a receiver touches the ball, he can get hit. It should be just like a tipped ball. The ball is tipped, **** should go down. If the guy touches it and doesn't hold onto it, it should be a fumble, and **** should go down. Goodell is so ******* annoying with these dumbass rules.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                        Which is ******* stupid. The guy touches the ball, he can get hit. If a receiver touches the ball, he can get hit. It should be just like a tipped ball. The ball is tipped, **** should go down. If the guy touches it and doesn't hold onto it, it should be a fumble, and **** should go down. Goodell is so ******* annoying with these dumbass rules.
                        the thing is it isnt to give him a chance to catch it but to ensure safety.

Comment

The NFL is getting softer and softer each year, this is starting to irritate me and making the NFL slowly more boring to watch.
                          | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                            The NFL is getting softer and softer each year, this is starting to irritate me and making the NFL slowly more boring to watch.
                            Maybe the rams are getting boring c;

Comment

The umpire position is a great move. The defenseless player thing makes sense, as does the personal foul enforcement. The rest seem completely unnecessary.

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                              Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Goodell gtfo.
                              Goodell doesn't make rules changes.

Originally posted by prock View Post
                              No, when he calls for a fair catch he can't be hit at all.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information