Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(If Career Suddenly Ended) Hall of Fame Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
    Its the hall of fame not the hall of good for a few seasons.
    You're right. It's the hall of pretty good for a lot of seasons.

    See: Art Monk

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by fenikz View Post
      fitz has every post season wr record ever and is a amazing humanitarian, thats really the only thing he has going for him, truth is most these people deff wouldnt make it
      Are you sure about that?? Have you checked out Jerry Rice's career postseason# lately??

      Fitz has single game postseason records, but I doubt he's close to Rice in overall career postseason #s.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
        Are you sure about that?? Have you checked out Jerry Rice's career postseason# lately??

        Fitz has single game postseason records, but I doubt he's close to Rice in overall career postseason #s.

        Fitz has the major receiving records for a single postseason. Larry's 30 receptions for 546 yds and 7 TDs in 2008 broke the 3 records set by Rice in 1988 (21-409-6).

        Overall Fitz's playoff numbers are 42-705-9. Rice's postseason numbers are an insane 151-2,245-22

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
          Can't believe people still think Mcnabb isn't a Hall of Famer. As for the players listed, none of them get in if they all retired today.
          McNabb is very much a borderline candidate and right now he's on the outside without a doubt if his career finished today.

          His numbers right now are actually only slightly better than Steve McNair (who has virtually no chance of making it and also lost in a Super Bowl) and he lacks the big individual honours with 5 Pro Bowls, 0 AP All-Pros and 0 MVP awards.

          McNabb will either need to finish with huge career numbers like Warren Moon (just under 50,000 yds and 300 TDs and 9 Pro Bowls) or win a Super Bowl to put that extra stamp on his resume.

          Of all the HOF QBs to start their career from 1960 onwards only 5 of them never won a title. Marino was a slam dunk HOF choice. Moon is the 2nd as mentioned. The other 3 are:

          Dan Fouts (huge individual seasons in a tougher era, 4 All-Pros and Off Player of the Year award).

          Jim Kelly (4 Super Bowl appearances and 2 All-Pros).

          Fran Tarkenton (4 Super Bowl appearances, league MVP in 1975, 2 All-Pros and set NFL records for career passing yds, completions and TD passes when he retired - later broken by Marino).

          Comment


          • #50
            I love me some Jared Allen but his name doesn't need to be thrown around in the HOF talk just yet.

            Comment


            • #51
              As long as Tony Boselli isn't in the HoF, none of those guys should be. If it wasn't for some hack doctor who ruined his shoulders early, we'd be talking about Boselli as the GOAT. He dominated at LT like nobody I've ever seen before and his career was cut woefully short.

              Terrell Davis is another guy who should get in before any of the people on that list.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                Can't believe people still think Mcnabb isn't a Hall of Famer. As for the players listed, none of them get in if they all retired today.
                I still can't believe people think he IS a Hall of Famer. He's been on some pretty stacked teams and finds a way to blow it every single year. He's never won anything of significance and has put up very good (not great) statistics in an offensive system that throws the ball 70% of the time. The idea of his bust being next to Joe Montana's and Johnny Unitas' is enough to make me sick.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                  He's been on some pretty stacked teams and finds a way to blow it every single year. He's never won anything of significance and has put up very good (not great) statistics in an offensive system that throws the ball 70% of the time.
                  Having starters at WR like Greg Lewis, Reggie Brown, Freddie Mitchell, James Thrash makes the team stacked? You say they pass the ball 70% of the time but when you have WR's like that it doesn't help at all. And getting to 5 NFC championship games is pretty significant. Im not saying he is ior out, but just saying by those reasons I dont understand.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                    Having starters at WR like Greg Lewis, Reggie Brown, Freddie Mitchell, James Thrash makes the team stacked? You say they pass the ball 70% of the time but when you have WR's like that it doesn't help at all. And getting to 5 NFC championship games is pretty significant. Im not saying he is ior out, but just saying by those reasons I dont understand.
                    The poor WR argument only works until 2003. It's 2010 now, and since the 03 season and Philly has definitely brought in its fair share of playmakers to put around McNabb.

                    I really don't care about the 5 NFC Championships either, but that's just me. 5 NFC Championships should have translated to more than just 1 Superbowl loss.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      The poor WR argument only works until 2003. It's 2010 now, and since the 03 season and Philly has definitely brought in its fair share of playmakers to put around McNabb.

                      I really don't care about the 5 NFC Championships either, but that's just me. 5 NFC Championships should have translated to more than just 1 Superbowl loss.
                      Probably shouldn't have even made the super bowl, if I remember correctly that was the year with the 4th and 27 or whatever where Fred-ex some how snagged that deep ball.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Adrian Peterson = No
                        Larry Fitzgerald = No
                        Chris Johnson = No

                        If Chris Johnson were to get injured, and make it in before Terrell Davis, I'd crap.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          People need to to just face it Terrell Davis is not getting in the HOF it sucks and a shame heck of a player but it is not going to happen.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Splat View Post
                            People need to to just face it Terrell Davis is not getting in the HOF it sucks and a shame heck of a player but it is not going to happen.
                            Nobody is saying that he SHOULD get in, but rather he should get in before any of the people on this list.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              Nobody is saying that he SHOULD get in, but rather he should get in before any of the people on this list.
                              don't worry, none of them will get in right now.

                              Sig by Fenikz

                              I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                That first list is horrible... If TD isn't in, then CJ2K and AD don't get in. TD had 2000 rushing yards, MVP and a SuperBowl all in the same season, and he still isn't in. CJ only has 2000. AD has even less than that.

                                My off the top of my head list of guys who get in if their careers ended today;

                                Peyton Manning
                                Tom Brady
                                Drew Brees(borderline)
                                McNabb(borderline)
                                TO
                                Randy Moss(borderline)
                                LT
                                Favre
                                Ray Lewis
                                Champ Bailey
                                Ed Reed
                                Brian Dawkins(borderline)
                                Charles Woodson(I think the DPOY secured his spot, still somewhat borderline)
                                Hines Ward(borderline)
                                Orlando Pace
                                Walter Jones
                                Steve Hutchinson(borderline)
                                Lorenzo Neal
                                Marvin Harrison(if he counts, he may be officially retired?)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information