need answers: Chris Long, Reggie Nelson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
    I thought Reggie Nelson was going to be a pro-bowler.
    yeah i was a huge fan of nelson coming out as well, wasn't really high on long

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

I actually think we need a thread on young players in general. There are a ton of players who I have no idea what they are doing.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Just imagine how beastly Chris Long could be next year if the Rams draft Suh and plug him in as DT and Suh gets all of the double teams.

Comment

Don't kid yourselves. Chris Long is a bust. Dude went on a 16 game stretch without recording a sack and he was NUMBER 2 PICK ! That's why he got benched at one point.

I was never sold on him as prospect either. I don't care about his senior stats but he never goes 2nd overall not being a HOF'ers son.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDeini View Post
            Don't kid yourselves. Chris Long is a bust. Dude went on a 16 game stretch without recording a sack and he was NUMBER 2 PICK ! That's why he got benched at one point.

I was never sold on him as prospect either. I don't care about his senior stats but he never goes 2nd overall not being a HOF'ers son.
            the first part is fair enough and could be true, I don't know. But the second half is just wrong. Dead wrong.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I won't argue that Nelson was terrible last year, but don't exclude the fact that the Jags were close to an NFL record for fewest sacks by a defense.

Nothing makes a secondary better than a good pass rush.

Comment

Originally posted by contento View Post
                I won't argue that Nelson was terrible last year, but don't exclude the fact that the Jags were close to an NFL record for fewest sacks by a defense.

That, and competent safety play.

Comment

Originally posted by contento View Post

Oh absolutely. As it stands right now though, Nelson's biggest problem is that he can't tackle anybody. He thinks he's still in college and that launching his 195 lb body like he's Taylor Mays is going to bring down RBs, TEs, and big WRs in the NFL, and it's just not gonna happen.

Comment

I about unloaded on you, but then noticed all the negative rep. I don't want you to commit suicide.
                    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

IMO it's too early to write Chris Long off, but yeah, the expectations should be higher for him considering where he was taken.

Going off the board at #2 for a DE is Mario WIlliams/Julius Peppers territory.

Chris still has a long way to go before he's included in a discussion with those guys.
                      2010 should be a blowup year for him, IMO.

Comment

Yeah, expectations should be hired, but when you have to completely change schemes your 2nd year in a league, and are playing the wrong position while still adjusting to the NFL, I'm not surprised by his early last season.
                        | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Hooray!

Comment

Nah, Chris is a solid DE. Time will tell whether or not he can become elite. Remember that ALOT of DEs take a good 3-4 years to mature in the NFL before they start putting up 10+ sacks a season. The ones that make an impact immediately are the rare super-elite athletes (Julius Peppers, Dwight Freeney). DE, more than any other position except maybe quarterback, requires multiple years of experience before a player enters his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                              Nah, Chris is a solid DE. Time will tell whether or not he can become elite. Remember that ALOT of DEs take a good 3-4 years to mature in the NFL before they start putting up 10+ sacks a season. The ones that make an impact immediately are the rare super-elite athletes (Julius Peppers, Dwight Freeney). DE, more than any other position except maybe quarterback, requires multiple years of experience before a player enters his prime.
                              Actually, Id say CB, WR, S, OL, and maybe even LB are harder positions to translate at. DE, for the most part, is rather simple in comparison to alot of other positions, especially if the player is drafted for their ability to get after the QB. Pinning your ears back and rushing is not hard in comparison to other adjustments. Like everyone, they struggle with the size and speed differences, but there are much harder positions to translate to.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

How dare you call me out. I am just going easy on the opposing teams so I don't command quadruple teams on every play.
                                Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information