Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need answers: Chris Long, Reggie Nelson

What's happened with these guys?
    I don't get to see as much non-Packers game as I wish I could, but I expected to hear more from these guys by now.

Jag fan and Ram fan, please fell me in.

Chris Long is still decent, he had 5 sacks and was 2nd on his team in qb hits and pressures and I think he was injured for part of the year. Reggie Nelson just sucks

Comment

I thought Reggie Nelson was going to be a pro-bowler.

Comment

Reggie Nelson was terrible last year and is on his way to being a bust if he doesn't improve. He will likely still be the starter next year, so the coaching staff has given him the chance to do so.

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Long is on his way to become a solid DE.

Nelson sucks bad.

Comment

Long looks very promising actually got some solid pressure on warner towards the end of the season

Comment

Here's the deal with Chris Long, he's a Left End playing Right End. Leonard Little is/was still playing at a high level and we had the best players on the field. Long had a solid rookie season, and the early part of last season was rough for him, he did more thinking than playing. And about half way through the season, the light went on for him, he finished the season STRONG. He was absolutely shutdown in run support, and the announcers pointed that out a lot, he made a lot of plays in the backfield, and strung the play outside so him or one of our Linebackers ( Laurinatis ) could make the play. He also started rushing the passer a lot better too, and was close on a lot of occasions.

He hit the sophmore wall early, but rebounded strong. The light went on and he reacted rather than think, and just let it all go and played relentless. Definitely the way he should be playing. But if he plays next season like he did the last half of the season last year, he's going to put up 13+ sacks and a nice amount of TFL.

I'm really liking Chris Longs game.
              | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Can't say I've seen many Rams games at all, but having watched all of his college games, he has the technique, strength, work ethic, and motor, to maybe not be on the same level but make a Jared Allen type impact in the league.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                  Can't say I've seen many Rams games at all, but having watched all of his college games, he has the technique, strength, work ethic, and motor, to maybe not be on the same level but make a Jared Allen type impact in the league.
                  Chris was such a beast at UVA, I thought he had the ability to be better than his dad!!
                  He had an incredible motor and basically could do whatever he wanted to do on the college level. It's good to hear his game is still ascending, he's a guy I'd love to see become an upper echelon DE in the league.

Watching Reggie Nelson at Florida, I thought he was gonna be the NEXT ONE.
                  Is he playing safety or corner for the Jags???
                  Call me crazy, but if he's a corner in Jacksonville, he might be out of position. His last year at Florida I thought he was their best player on their defense, just a pure hawk on the football.

Suh on that Rams Dline would be MURDER.

Comment

Nelson is playing FS, although he played CB when there were injuries.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I loved Chris Long as a prospect, and as a person. He seemed like a less self-righteous version of Tebow.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                        :( I thought he would be such a beast, I just didn't realize how crippling being ******** truly is for a safety. I remember arguing that he'd be better than Laron Landry that year and sadly if he shows a pulse this year he could end up proving me right.
                        Originally posted by YFS
                        We'll see what happens. If he doesn't show signs of life during training camp, he's a candidate to be cut.

Del Rio said his problem is that he had too much success as a rookie. Because of that, he never really worked to take his game to the next level...he's essentially the same player he was in college and teams have figured out how to exploit him. Apparently, he's "realized" his problem and has "rededicated himself" but you hear that **** about every single ******* player in the offseason so I'll believe it when I see it.

From another thread...

Comment

How would you compare Chris Long to Aaron Kampman? Close or way off the mark? Is he more of a technician or athlete? I remember hearing 3-4 talk about him, would that make sense for him?

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Nelson just tries jumping into people all the time.
                            Trucking WRs may have worked in college, but in the NFL Reggie Nelson is a woman.
                            GO RAVENS

Comment

i would like long in a 34 as a RDE more than in a 43....hed kill it on the steelers in keisels spot.

nelson is just terrible
                              E]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information