No announcement yet.

Frank Gore eyeing Rushing Record?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank Gore should worry about staying healthy more than breaking rushing records. With the way he runs, it is only a matter of time before he gets hurt again.

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
      No...I think you'll see defenses prepping for him a lot more this year.
      That's it right there, he will still have a good year if he can stay healthy, but I don't see him breaking the record.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

. . . he will then hang up his cleats and retire as the greatest of all time

If Nolan allows him anywhere near 2,000 yards, Gore may as well retire cause his legs won't work no more. You have to protect you RB.

Comment

Last year it was Larry. The year before it was Tomlinson. Every single year people come up with the most idiotic arguments about how one RB that did good last year will magically go over 2000.

Well, it won't happen. Even if Gore got more carries, his YPC would most likely head south. Why does no one see how special 2000 yards is?

Comment

I remember posting on this website at this time last year that Gore would break 1200 in 06/07. I got laughed at. He got way past that. I'd love to find that thread, but I haven't been able to.

I guess thats a little off topic. I'll have to agree with some of the other niner fans saying that I dont want him to rush for that much. Too much wear, especially for a guy whos got two knees that hes already ruined before. I think the Niners draft a change of pace back in the middle rounds to take the load off. Michael Robinson isn't ready yet.

Thanks jkpigskin!

Comment

Slow down young buck.

Comment

Read my signiture, if he doesnt break the record next year he will do it eventually, he is that good!
                CRANK THAT CRABTREE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  Frank Gore should worry about staying healthy more than breaking rushing records. With the way he runs, it is only a matter of time before he gets hurt again.
                  Explain your reasoning.. He has a very natural running style, it's not like he runs up high or he leaves his knees out in front of him to get hit first. He's a very smart running and uses his quickness and low center of gravity while running.

Comment

Won't happen. He lacks the breakaway top speed to really break alot of long ones. He's a great RB who runs for average, but unless the hole is really big, I don't see him breaking long runs consistently. Too slow (top end speed at least).

And anyway, he should be more worried about staying healthy.

Comment

Steven Jackson said he was going to snap it and look what he did, IMo he'll get closer than Jackson did.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                        Explain your reasoning.. He has a very natural running style, it's not like he runs up high or he leaves his knees out in front of him to get hit first. He's a very smart running and uses his quickness and low center of gravity while running.
                        He never looks to avoid contact and takes a lot of big hits. All the great RBs have had the knack for never taking a really hard direct hit. At least very rarely. He runs hard but often right into or through defenders. For a smaller guy (although he is not terribly small) with a serious history of injuries, to me its just a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Won't happen. He lacks the breakaway top speed to really break alot of long ones. He's a great RB who runs for average, but unless the hole is really big, I don't see him breaking long runs consistently. Too slow (top end speed at least).

Yeah. His top end speed stopped him from getting another 100 yards at least during the season. He always broke out into the secondary for a long gain, but was caught from behind many times. If only he had the top end speed to outrun them at the end...that would be many more yards and TDs.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                            Last year it was Larry. The year before it was Tomlinson. Every single year people come up with the most idiotic arguments about how one RB that did good last year will magically go over 2000.

Well, it won't happen. Even if Gore got more carries, his YPC would most likely head south. Why does no one see how special 2000 yards is?
                            Last year it was Steven Jackson too.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Um... thats actually ridiculous.

He had the most long runs in the league last year by a pretty good margin. I'll look up the exact stat, but he definately had the most in the league.

Thanks jkpigskin!

Comment

Didn't he say this last year? Doesn't every running back say this every year?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information