Frank Gore eyeing Rushing Record?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space Ghost View Post
    Didn't he say this last year? Doesn't every running back say this every year?
    No. Some RBs actually state goals that might actually be reached. Although I doubt he even does this, Brandon Jacobs said he is going to break 1600 rushing yards.

Comment

i think he will have a down year as more teams will game plan for him even more than last year

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
      Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by goonie61 View Post
        Frank Gore is the best running back in the NFL.
        I didn't know LT changed his name to Frank Gore?

Comment

Originally posted by Craigo View Post
          Um... thats actually ridiculous.

He had the most long runs in the league last year by a pretty good margin. I'll look up the exact stat, but he definately had the most in the league.
          Yeah, 15 runs of 20+

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/411568

Just for a reference on whats a good number, Tomlinson has never done more than 12 a season, and hes considered the best breakaway runner in the game.

Thanks jkpigskin!

Comment

doesnt matter if they do, you will still never beat the cardinals

Comment

Originally posted by Craigo View Post
              Yeah, 15 runs of 20+

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/411568

Just for a reference on whats a good number, Tomlinson has never done more than 12 a season, and hes considered the best breakaway runner in the game.
              I think he is saying that some of those 25, 30, 35, yard runs could have been taken to the house if he had more elite speed. Just because you have the most 20+ yard runs doesn't mean you have elite speed.

Comment

But to say his weakness is an inability to make long runs is a little far fetched when he leads the league in 20+ runs. Sure hes not as fast as Tomlinson, but I wouldnt call his speed a weakness by any stretch of the imagination.

Hes got a fast burst and great football speed. 90% of running backs are occasionally gonna get caught by the really fast DB's.

Thanks jkpigskin!

Comment

A better stat would be 40 yards runs. How many 40+ did he have. Because you can get 20 yards without breaking away from anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    Frank Gore should worry about staying healthy more than breaking rushing records. With the way he runs, it is only a matter of time before he gets hurt again.
                    lol if you worry about getting hurt while your playing it's only a matter of time until you do.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                      doesnt matter if they do, you will still never beat the cardinals
                      So how was last place this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                        lol if you worry about getting hurt while your playing it's only a matter of time until you do.
                        He doesn't have to worry. But he could try to avoid defenders and not take a direct hit from time to time. As a starting RB that will catch up to him.

Comment

It may, but he's only 24. He doesn't have to change his running style exactly right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                            So how was last place this year?
                            when was the last time you beat the cardinals 2-3 years ago?

im just playing 49ers are my least hated rival

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
                              No...I think you'll see defenses prepping for him a lot more this year.

Last year, they didn't want any part of him when he was coming right at them. This year willb e no different. He hurst people, but I doubt he get 2000 yards. On the other hand, if the whole O click, he may do that. They needs serious WR help though to keep the D from stacking the line. It takes multiple defenders to bring him down.

Comment

They will do the same thing people do to LJ put 8 and 9 in the box on every down no way either break 2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information