No announcement yet.

Best Defensive Scheme in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like a 4 -3 defense, that would be my base defense. But, actually, the way the Pats do their defense is pretty cool... able to flip flop from 4-3 to 3-4 ..

Comment

The 46 Bear.

sig by VLS
      Originally posted by Smokey Joe
      I don't care...

Comment

This is an interesting one. As a player(ILB) I prefer the 4-3 because it makes my job a lot easier. As a fan I prefer the 3-4 because I find that the extra speed that changing a DT for a LB gives makes for more big hits and more general chaos.

As for the best if I was a coach, it would depend on who I have. If I have a legit NT and a lot of fast and strong LBs I would use a 3-4. If I have a DE that can generate legit pressure on every down I like the 4-3. In other words if I have a Julius Peppers I like the 4-3.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

I love the 3-4 mainly because im a Charger fan, but I also feel its the most effective defense. It really does all depend on the personell tho. Without players like Shaun Phillips or Merriman at OLB, the 3-4 scheme becomes much less effective, and a 4-3 may become a better scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
            As mentioned I love the 3-4 hybrid. The versatility of the players makes it very fun to watch. The Dolphins had the ideal personnel for it last season with players like Kevin Carter, Jason Taylor, and Channing Crowder.
            Then why did their defense still suck ass?

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
              This is an interesting one. As a player(ILB) I prefer the 4-3 because it makes my job a lot easier. As a fan I prefer the 3-4 because I find that the extra speed that changing a DT for a LB gives makes for more big hits and more general chaos.

As for the best if I was a coach, it would depend on who I have. If I have a legit NT and a lot of fast and strong LBs I would use a 3-4. If I have a DE that can generate legit pressure on every down I like the 4-3. In other words if I have a Julius Peppers I like the 4-3.
              They say the 4-3 is a player's defense, and the 3-4 is a coach's defense.

Players like the 4-3 because LBs can put direct hits on RBs, DEs can rush the passer, and DTs can penetrate.

In the 3-4 everyone's role is less "fun". LBs have to take on linemen and bubble around players, DEs have to hold their blocks, NTs have to occupy linemen as well...its not as fun for the player. Its more passive in nature.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloDraftGeek View Post
                their defense was good last year

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

46 is soooo much fun to watch...but you do need alot of good backers to pull it off, and wiht the salary cap i dont think we'll ever see the 46 ran the way da bears did back in the day....but i love that man...sooo sooo sooo much pressure

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Actually they had a pretty damn good defense last year. Probably one of the better ones in the league, fourth ranked overall.

Comment

Are you joking or what? Top 5 scoring defense, top 5 passing defense, top 10 rushing defense, 4th total defense.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

I love the hybrid defence that the ravens run, but overall its got to be the cover 2 because it is easier to find fits for the cover 2 later in the draft.

Comment

At it's peak, no defense can match the dominance of a 3-4, case closed.
                          Originally posted by Paul
                          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

You ride the short bus don't you?

Our defense was in the top 5 last year. Can't same the same about your's can I?

BTW, your defense sucks ass.
                            Last edited by Ace; 03-17-2007, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                              You ride the short bus don't you?

Instead of just being a homer/hater, why don't you actually use some common sense? Our defense was top 5 last year. Unlike your's.
                              Miami's defense was top notch in the second half of the season with Jason Taylor putting pressure on the quarterback every time he dropped back and with the addition of Joey Porter and some draft selections the Miami Dolphins' defense could be one of the top 3 in the league this year, but it'll hinge on their secondary's ability to make plays.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Your defense is only as good as the personnel running it. So I say that the Best defense is the one that is.

1. Easiest to draft for.
                                2. Cheapest to build.
                                3. Easiest to maintain.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information