Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ravens may be willing to trade LT J. Gaither?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
    This just proves they have alot of confidence in oher as a left tackle
    That and the fact that they gave up two draft picks for Boldin and would like another pick back.

Comment

I understand there's some concern about sending away a potential franchise LT but if you look at this strictly from a draft pick economy standpoint, it's pretty brilliant. A couple years ago they invested a fifth rounder in the supplemental draft and now are looking at a premium pick in return. You could justify trading him on that value alone, let alone the fact that they have Oher in the mix.

Comment

Gaither is good but Oher is better, also Oneil Cousins looked great in 2 games at RT(yes they were against Lions and Bears) but then got mollywooped against Pitt. Maybe there theory is we can save $ by shipping out Gaither and having Oher and Cousins be our T combo.

I am not a fan of this at all I hope we make sure Gaither and Oher are Ravens for life.
        Last edited by Ravens1991; 03-30-2010, 03:03 PM.

Comment

I see Washington, Kansas City, and Seattle contacting Baltimore.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
            Gaither is good but Oher is better, also Oneil Cousins looked great in 2 games at RT(yes they were against Lions and Bears) but then got molly whomped against Pitt. Maybe there theory is we can save $ by shipping out Gaither and having Oher and Cousins be our T combo.

I am not a fan of this at all I hope we make sure Gaither and Oher are Ravens for life.
            Mollywopped is the word you're lookin for there.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              Mollywopped is the word you're lookin for there.

Haha I was listening to Stunna man today so I thought of that word right when I was posting that comment. But yeah I did screw up the spelling

Comment

Originally posted by V-I-P View Post
                I see Washington, Kansas City, and Seattle contacting Baltimore.
                One can only hope.

Comment

I'd easily give up a 2nd from him if i were part of steelers management...but i'm not :(

Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BJJ3rd View Post
                    I'd easily give up a 2nd from him if i were part of steelers management...but i'm not :(

Hell would freeze over before the Ravens and Steelers made a trade

Comment

Haha I was listening to Stunna man today so I thought of that word right when I was posting that comment. But yeah I did screw up the spelling
                      2800 mollywoppin down the block

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                        I understand there's some concern about sending away a potential franchise LT but if you look at this strictly from a draft pick economy standpoint, it's pretty brilliant. A couple years ago they invested a fifth rounder in the supplemental draft and now are looking at a premium pick in return. You could justify trading him on that value alone, let alone the fact that they have Oher in the mix.
                        I see what you're saying, but if you look at it that way, then the Cowboys should be happy with a second round pick for Tony Romo cause he was an UDFA?

You can't look at it that way, as of right now, Gaither is worth a lot in the open market, so either you keep him and let him be your LT for the next ten years, or you get premium value for him. A second round pick isn't premium value in my eyes.

Comment

Gaither is good but Oher is better, also Oneil Cousins looked great in 2 games at RT(yes they were against Lions and Bears) but then got mollywooped against Pitt. Maybe there theory is we can save $ by shipping out Gaither and having Oher and Cousins be our T combo.

No, just no. Cousins didn't look good, let alone great, in any aspect when he started.

Comment

What are some negatives on Gaither's play or just about him in general

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                              What are some negatives on Gaither's play or just about him in general
                              He plays a bit high and he doesn't get a great push in the run game.

Comment

Id love to grab him with the saints second rounder, and my saints dont even need another tackle, but that deal would just be to sweet to pass up on

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                                - No reaching
                                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information