Sheldon Brown, Chris Gocong to Browns?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
    Mike Jenkins got soo much hype from the NFC East Cornerback thread, i swear, i just felt like i was going to punch a small child.
    And then he got utterly raped by Jeremy Maclin and Sidney Rice two weeks in a row, it was amazing. He gave up 13 receptions, 287 yards and 4 touchdowns in two weeks, I loved it.

And yeah I didn't mean like completely blow the thing up when I said the Eagles were rebuilding, I meant renovating, retooling, etc. etc. that kind of a deal, not the Chiefs, Seahawks or Lions kind of rebuilding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
      And then he got utterly raped by Jeremy Maclin and Sidney Rice two weeks in a row, it was amazing. He gave up 13 receptions, 287 yards and 4 touchdowns in two weeks, I loved it.

And yeah I didn't mean like completely blow the thing up when I said the Eagles were rebuilding, I meant renovating, retooling, etc. etc. that kind of a deal, not the Chiefs, Seahawks or Lions kind of rebuilding.
      Psh, Mike just didn't want to make all of the GMs that passed on him commit suicide and so let Sidney Rice and Maclin pick on him.

Given that you guys are re-tooling the biggest concern has to be making sure Kolb successful replaces D-mac, and to make sure that happens you need to have a team ready to win all around him so that what he has to do is less and as he develops you entrust more and more onto him, that means racking up vet talents to carry the team around him instead of racking up draft picks to give him talent once he's already adjusted or busted out of the league.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• the sad thing is Vikings fans really didnt care for Sidney Rice before Brett Favre came to town, all he really needed was a quarterback to throw the ball in his area.

Comment

the sad thing is Vikings fans really didnt care for Sidney Rice before Brett Favre came to town, all he really needed was a quarterback to throw the ball in his area.
          Sidney showed flashes in his rookie season then fell off the face of the earth in year 2 (I think he had some injuries on top of it.)

I think it's more of just a good qb being there I think it's probably a combination of coming back healthy and yes, actually having someone that wanted to throw him the ball.

Comment

• Terry Pluto says the Browns see Gocong as an ILB in their system much like David Veikune, though he can of course play outside; they like to move guys around who can rush the passer. I wonder if they plan on moving D'Qwell Jackson around or during the draft now....we have a million guys who can play ILB now - Jackson, Fujita, Bowens, Barton, Trusnik, Maiava, Veikune, and Gocong. I expect they cut Barton and trade Jackson maybe.

Comment

• Gocong was a much better run defender in Philly than a pass rusher, though that may have had to do with how they used him. I still expected him to play OLB though.

Comment

Tankya JBond,

If a trade like:

Raiders:
                Nnamdi Asmougha CB (28 years old)
                1 year left on contract

Eagles:
                Donovan McNabb QB (31 years old)
                due for a roster bonus and had a god awful showing against the Cowboys
                4th round pick

Does this make the Brown+Gocong for Hall+4+5 make more sense?
                If something like this does happen, it still wouldn't negate the fact that we basically gave away Sheldon Brown for nothing. That being said, I just don't see any variation of this trade happening at this point. The Eagles plan this offseason was clearly to shed salary and get younger. I think that's the real explanation for the Brown trade because he was an aging CB who wanted a new contract and he just didn't fit in the plans of the FO.

Comment

Tankya JBond,

If a trade like:

Raiders:
                  Nnamdi Asmougha CB (28 years old)
                  1 year left on contract

Eagles:
                  Donovan McNabb QB (31 years old)
                  due for a roster bonus and had a god awful showing against the Cowboys
                  4th round pick

Does this make the Brown+Gocong for Hall+4+5 make more sense?
                  This would be a terrible trade for the Eagles. There's no reason to get a 28 year old CB when this team clearly wants more draft picks and/or more players under 26 years old.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'll be shocked if they trade McNabb for anything less than, at least, a first round pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    Terry Pluto says the Browns see Gocong as an ILB in their system much like David Veikune, though he can of course play outside; they like to move guys around who can rush the passer. I wonder if they plan on moving D'Qwell Jackson around or during the draft now....we have a million guys who can play ILB now - Jackson, Fujita, Bowens, Barton, Trusnik, Maiava, Veikune, and Gocong. I expect they cut Barton and trade Jackson maybe.
                    I keep hearing this I dont get why we would trade Jackson. He's a very solid linebacker and he's young.

Comment

• Jackson is good and would be our best ILB but he has one year before he's an UFA and we have so many ILBs now and our run defense played well without him. I guess they figure he's expendable if they can get a 3rd round pick or whatever for him.

Comment

Jackson is good and would be our best ILB but he has one year before he's an UFA and we have so many ILBs now and our run defense played well without him. I guess they figure he's expendable if they can get a 3rd round pick or whatever for him.
                        Yuck, I wouldn't give him up for anything less than a second round pick and even then I wouldn't really like it, he's one of our few promising young players I'd like to see him remain a Brown.

Comment

• I think they're more likely to use Jackson as part of a deal to trade up into the late first or back into the second or something like how they used Jeff Faine in a trade (ironically to move up to get Jackson).

Comment

Jackson is good and would be our best ILB but he has one year before he's an UFA and we have so many ILBs now and our run defense played well without him. I guess they figure he's expendable if they can get a 3rd round pick or whatever for him.
                            Our inside linebacker play dropped off dramatically without Jackson. The thing that changed was Shaun Rogers breaking his ankle and Athyba Rubin coming in and playing a 2-gap nose tackle position the way it was designed. Rubin should be the starter this year and if Rogers is still here, he should kick outside to end.

And they figure he's expendable? You're speculating that the FO is done with him and then running with your own speculation that they'll trade him. I certainly wouldn't rule out that possibility but nothing concrete has been set with D'Qwell Jackson, Lawrence Vickers, or Matt Roth. All of them are sitting out there with tenders and will hopefully be resigned.

Comment

• Terry Pluto or Tony Grossi (can't remember who) said that the organization looks at the deal like this: They traded Kamerion Wimbley, Alex Hall, and a 4th and 5th round pick for Sheldon Brown, Chris Gocong, and a 3rd round pick. So in essence it's a 4th and 5th for a 3rd, Wimbley for Brown, and Hall for Gocong. It's a great if you look at it like that especially. Wimbley is an average 3-4 OLB who has a contract coming up and probably wasn't gonna be around any longer than Sheldon will be, the 4th and 5th for the 3rd is basically even, and the Hall for Gocong is an upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information