Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheldon Brown, Chris Gocong to Browns?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I don't know how you made it Sniper. Andy. Gainey. Must be tough.

    #MoncriefArmy

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Woot Dawg! View Post
      I don't know how you made it Sniper. Andy. Gainey. Must be tough.
      Andy, Gainey, Rich Rod, Beilein...thank the ******* Lord for Theo Epstein.

      Comment


      • #33
        Wow. The Browns won it big.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
          Wow. The Browns won it big.
          right now, if they trade mcnabb for aso and a pick or two, this makes all the more sense. They could be clearing cap room to resign Aso to a longterm contract. Also they could easily replace Gocong with a much better fitting linebacker from this years class with that 4th.

          Comment


          • #35
            How in the hell did the Browns pull this crime off? Gocong and Brown will both be immediate upgrades on the Browns defense and they got them for virtually nothing.

            I don't understand the logic from Philly here at all. They cannot posibly value Alex Hall that much.

            Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

            Comment


            • #36
              Good get Sheldon out of here.
              #Chop


              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by fear the elf View Post
                Thanks for the link. Good for the Browns, not sure what I think from the Eagles standpoint though. Gocong looks like he was worthless to them and Sheldon was unhappy, so I guess it works for them as well. My only concern is how much Sheldon has left in the tank.

                Doesn't matter. Gocong should be great in the 3-4. Have high hopes for him.

                Brown isn't the long term corner answer, everyone knows that. But he should be able to be a quality starter for a year or two while the young guy we bring in gets experience and plays in the nickel. Doubt we'd bring in a first rounder like Haden to do that now though.

                We still have how many 5th rounders? At least 3? So thats not a big deal. We still have our 1, 2, 3, 3, 3. That's huge. Can't believe we got out of this without giving up a decent player and a third. Alex Hall was worthless.

                Looks like we are going for Berry, Thomas, or Dez Bryant. WR is still the position Holmgren said we needed to address, but haven't yet.


                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • #38
                  I think they said, the deal hinges on Sheldon getting a new contract. So he can for sure be a "longer" term option. He's 31 but, still plays at a very high level. Probably going to see an extension fairly early in this process.

                  Thanks BoneKrusher^

                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by jriles0522 View Post
                    Doesn't matter. Gocong should be great in the 3-4. Have high hopes for him.

                    Brown isn't the long term corner answer, everyone knows that. But he should be able to be a quality starter for a year or two while the young guy we bring in gets experience and plays in the nickel. Doubt we'd bring in a first rounder like Haden to do that now though.

                    We still have how many 5th rounders? At least 3? So thats not a big deal. We still have our 1, 2, 3, 3, 3. That's huge. Can't believe we got out of this without giving up a decent player and a third. Alex Hall was worthless.

                    Looks like we are going for Berry, Thomas, or Dez Bryant. WR is still the position Holmgren said we needed to address, but haven't yet.
                    I totally agree. I think the Eagles perceived Gocong as worthless (since he was replaced by a rookie last season), but he can be valuable to us either in a rotation or by winning the starting job at OLB outright. Sheldon is an obvious upgrade and allows McDonald to slip into the slot, which he should be able to handle. Great for us. I'd love to get Berry and finish off what could be a really good secondary.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Good deal for both sides in my opinion. I now wonder what happens if Berry isn't on the board for the Browns...


                      Follow Me on Twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                        Good deal for both sides in my opinion. I now wonder what happens if Berry isn't on the board for the Browns...
                        He wont be because the Bengals are obviously trading up for him.....

                        If they get Eric Berry and we miss out on Earl Thomas, I will probably go into spastic seizures and cry myself into depression.

                        bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                          Good deal for both sides in my opinion. I now wonder what happens if Berry isn't on the board for the Browns...
                          really. would they take a guy like Clausen, Spiller, Haden, or even Trent Williams (who they are said to like) despite 7 being far too high to take a guy to be a pure right tackle. IMO if Berry is gone they desperately try to trade down like they did last year when Curry was taken.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Don't get hyped up for Gocong. He might be a better fit for the 3-4 Olb, but other than trying to run past the OT he doesn't offer much in moves or technique. He may just end up being a good role player.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                              really. would they take a guy like Clausen, Spiller, Haden, or even Trent Williams (who they are said to like) despite 7 being far too high to take a guy to be a pure right tackle. IMO if Berry is gone they desperately try to trade down like they did last year when Curry was taken.
                              RT, in a division where the defensive have great pass rushers on both sides, wouldn't be to bad a move.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                even still, if you look at the stats from over the years, the overwhelming majority of sacks come from teams' weakside pass rushers, and the overwhelming amount of sacks given up come from teams' blindside. There's a reason teams pay so much for left tackles and pass rushing defensive ends or outside linebackers. Teams never take right tackles that high b/c you can have a guy do all the things a RT has to do for a lot less. If a team did take a right tackle that high then it would be with the intent of moving him to the blindside eventually, but with Joe Thomas being a Brown for life in all likelihood that's not gonna be the case.

                                ....though I must admit an offensive line with Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, Alex Mack, and Trent Williams would be ridiculous.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information