Sheldon Brown, Chris Gocong to Browns?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
    even still, if you look at the stats from over the years, the overwhelming majority of sacks come from teams' weakside pass rushers, and the overwhelming amount of sacks given up come from teams' blindside. There's a reason teams pay so much for left tackles and pass rushing defensive ends or outside linebackers. Teams never take right tackles that high b/c you can have a guy do all the things a RT has to do for a lot less. If a team did take a right tackle that high then it would be with the intent of moving him to the blindside eventually, but with Joe Thomas being a Brown for life in all likelihood that's not gonna be the case.

....though I must admit an offensive line with Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, Alex Mack, and Trent Williams would be ridiculous.
    that OL would be filthy. you guys could really grab Davis, Bulaga or Williams. Davis and Trent could man down the RT spot nicely. Building through the trenches FTW!

but who knows, you've got options, and OL starved teams may be looking to move up. Could the browns be on the rise under the Walrus? hmmmmm
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I really, really don't get this trade on the Eagles part. How does this make any sense?
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Wow. The Eagles got ROBBED.

A 4th and a 5th and a cheeseburger for Brown? Thats highway robbery. Brown is an unbelievable CB.

I can see this making sense if the Eagles nab Nmandi, but unless they do, that secondary takes a huge hit.

If the Eagles don't land Nmandi, they're basically admitting that this is a rebuilding year.

Granted, Brown is old and the Eagles are great at knowing exactly when to let go of aging players, but still, I rather keep him for another year and try to make a run than land a 4th and a 5th for such a quality player. I personally think Brown has like 2 years left in him at least.

Brown was the best CB in the East last year.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
          that OL would be filthy. you guys could really grab Davis, Bulaga or Williams. Davis and Trent could man down the RT spot nicely. Building through the trenches FTW!

but who knows, you've got options, and OL starved teams may be looking to move up. Could the browns be on the rise under the Walrus? hmmmmm
          goo goo ga joob, ************.

Comment

This new Eagles GM is screwing the team.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Wow. The Eagles got ROBBED.

A 4th and a 5th and a cheeseburger for Brown? Thats highway robbery. Brown is an unbelievable CB.

I can see this making sense if the Eagles nab Nmandi, but unless they do, that secondary takes a huge hit.

If the Eagles don't land Nmandi, they're basically admitting that this is a rebuilding year.

Granted, Brown is old and the Eagles are great at knowing exactly when to let go of aging players, but still, I rather keep him for another year and try to make a run than land a 4th and a 5th for such a quality player. I personally think Brown has like 2 years left in him at least.

Brown was the best CB in the East last year.
              Its like I said in the Eagles forum, the only way this makes any sense for the Eagles is if they expect to get a relatively high pick, as well as Aso, in a MCNabb trade. If not, this is definitely a rebuilding year.
              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                Its like I said in the Eagles forum, the only way this makes any sense for the Eagles is if they expect to get a relatively high pick, as well as Aso, in a MCNabb trade. If not, this is definitely a rebuilding year.
                even then though, i see no point of giving up Sheldon for a 4th and a 5th. I mean really? A 4th and a 5th is worth that much more to the the team than having Sheldon for 1 or 2 more years?

You can draft his replacement or bring in Aso while still having Sheldon. And how sick would that be? Instead, now, its like a lateral move almost at best.

I just see no reason to accept so little for such a quality player.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  A 4th and a 5th and a cheeseburger for Brown?
                  Alex Hall is a pretty tasty cheeseburger.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                    This new Eagles GM is screwing the team.
                    Don't forget its really Andy and Joe Banner who make the decisions, not Howie Roseman.

Comment

Originally posted by eagles6606 View Post
                      Don't forget its really Andy and Joe Banner who make the decisions, not Howie Roseman.
                      However, it seems that Roseman is being screwed and screwing the team at the same time.

Confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by eagles6606 View Post
                        Then Andy and Joe Banner are really double-penetrating the Eagles in a non-consensual way and Roseman is holding the video camera and pressing record while it happens.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                          However, it seems that Roseman is being screwed and screwing the team at the same time.

Confusing.
                          thats called a threesome

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                            if Berry is gone then Spiller, Bryant, etc. sound good. Not so sure we'd take those guys though. I think they'd try to trade up or down aggresively to get a guy they really want instead. Earl Thomas could be one to watch.
                            I had a dream i missed the draft and we got Clausen.

ITS DESTINY.

I also had a dream I punched a kid out on the golf course I work at because he took his cart off the cart path.

Comment

Also for the draft, no way we grab Spiller with Harrison, Hillis, Davis, and Jennings... Harrison/Hillis have shown that they both have something as well as Jennings and Davis was drafted last year and hyped pretty well.

Browns should either grab a RT, Bryant, or Berry with the first pick UNLESS they think Clausen is the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                                I had a dream i missed the draft and we got Clausen.

ITS DESTINY.

I also had a dream I punched a kid out on the golf course I work at because he took his cart off the cart path.
                                I used to work at a golf course too. ************* always ******* up something with those carts. I miss it sometimes tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information