Sheldon Brown, Chris Gocong to Browns?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
    Also for the draft, no way we grab Spiller with Harrison, Hillis, Davis, and Jennings... Harrison/Hillis have shown that they both have something as well as Jennings and Davis was drafted last year and hyped pretty well.

Browns should either grab a RT, Bryant, or Berry with the first pick UNLESS they think Clausen is the answer.
    I agree about Spiller, I don't think he should/will be the guy at 7. If Berry isn't there, it would be ideal to move down like last year, even if we get bashed for taking too little in the trade again.

Comment

Hell, I could see the Browns taking McClain before Spiller.

I think Berry is a lock for them if he's still on the board though.

Comment

This makes no sense unless we get Asomugha in a McNabb trade, but like bigblue said I thought that we could get more compensation for Sheldon Brown. However, the Eagles donít strike out on trades too often, I trust their instinct.

Comment

I always thought Gocong should've played in a 3-4.
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

I don't think this trade is as bad as some are making out to be. Sheldon Brown was a very good corner for the Eagles but his play did decline towards the end of the last season and given his age and the fact that he wanted a new contract, this was probably the best time to move him. Could they have gotten more for him? I'm not so sure because how many teams want to pay an aging corner who is starting to show decline? I don't think too many especially for higher picks.

Chris Gocong didn't fit the Eagles' defense and outside of 2008 he was really a non-factor. I don't think acquiring Alex Hall was a better fit for the defense, but I think he's looked at more for his special teams potential.

This draft is plenty deep with secondary players and with Donovan McNabb possibly on the move, it's hard to tell what pieces will added and drafted before next season starts. If they don't fit a suitable replacement for Brown then it will be a failure, but at this point I don't think it was too bad of a deal for either side.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

One thing to remember: as good as Brown was in the past for the team, he is 31 years old, suffering from a hamstring injury, and at best has 2 years left in the tank.

The position needed to be upgraded at some point anyway. Now we know that the there is a 95% chance the Eagles go DB in the first round - Kyle Wilson, Earl Thomas, Devin McCourty, or massive trade-up for Eric Berry.

Comment

At this rate Oakland's going to get McNabb for a 3rd rounder and Stanford Routt.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                  At this rate Oakland's going to get McNabb for a 3rd rounder and Stanford Routt.
                  Or trade straight up for sorgi.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                    Or trade straight up for sorgi.
                    Championship.

Comment

Ummmm wait... we really just traded a great athlete at SLB with potential to blow up in a 3-4 defense and our best corner for a scrub and some spare draft picks?!

ANDY THAT WAS SO ************* STUPID OF YOU TO DO!

EDIT: But this isn't a good deal for the Browns either. Eagles lose starting CB but the Browns are rebuilding and don't need a 31 year old CB
                      Last edited by Thumper; 04-02-2010, 05:16 PM.

Comment

All kidding aside, this is a very good deal for the Browns.

Comment

The Browns defense is really getting better. If they get Berry, they'll have three fourths of a very awesome secondary. Now only if they get a QB, they could be a sleeper team.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                            All kidding aside, this is a very good deal for the Browns.
                            It all depends on how much Brown has left in the tank.

There is a strong possibility that, at 31 years old with an injury history, he might have seen his last effective year in Philadlephia, and not Cleveland.

He really got worse down the stretch in 2009. He clearly has lost a step in coverage. I firmly believe that he's seen his best days as a corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                              It all depends on how much Brown has left in the tank.

There is a strong possibility that, at 31 years old with an injury history, he might have seen his last effective year in Philadlephia, and not Cleveland.

He really got worse down the stretch in 2009. He clearly has lost a step in coverage. I firmly believe that he's seen his best days as a corner.
                              Hamstring injury, ever heard of one?

Comment

Lets all be honest here..the truly important implication of this trade is that Joe Haden could slide to the Niners. ..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information