No announcement yet.

Sheldon Brown, Chris Gocong to Browns?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheldon Brown, Chris Gocong to Browns?

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...;entry20711262

well this is what Adam Schefter was alluding to on his twitter yesterday. I wonder what the compensation is (D'Qwell Jackson involved?).

This trade would change how the top ten picks would shake out for sure if it happens. No Joe Haden, probably not an OLB at 7 either considering all the LBs the Browns have.

That pretty much would set an offensive player for the Browns. Spiller or Clausen.

Comment

Eric Berry. in the unlikely event he's gone, Spiller would get my bet.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Have to wait and see what the Browns give up, but I'm a big fan. Brown is definately an upgrade over what they have, and Gocong could be a pretty good 3-4 OLB.

Unless the Browns end up giving up alot, this is a great move to improve the team. Opens it up for them to look at Clausen, Spiller, or even Dez Bryant at 7.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

if Berry is gone then Spiller, Bryant, etc. sound good. Not so sure we'd take those guys though. I think they'd try to trade up or down aggresively to get a guy they really want instead. Earl Thomas could be one to watch.

Comment

Good. We do need to trade away our best corner. Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              yeah this doesnt make much sense for the eagles, if they're giving away sheldon and Gocong (alright) for just D'Qwell Jackson then i would think a 2nd rounder possibly even switching firsts and a mid round pick would be in order

Comment

It does if a certain Raider CB ends up on your roster...

The Eagles are definitely in the thick of things right now. It will be interesting to see how all these rumors play out.

Comment

Maybe the FO knows something we dont about Sheldon. He did seem to fall apart late in the season.

Comment

This would be an intresting trade. Sheldon did have some nagging injuries that hurt him last year, but he also had his best year. He was very good last year. The Eagles, however, aren't willing to giev him a new contract and would rather get some value for him. With both in a trade, I would expect either a 3rd and another pick, or switching 2nd rounds picks and a 4th or something....Anyone know what players the Browns have that would intrest the Eagles?

Comment

he is like 31 and wants a new contract. Our GM is Heckert, maybe he and Eagles are too good of buddies. Most seem to think the price is something like a 3rd and DQwell Jackson maybe.

Comment

Shaun Rogers :)

Honestly though, I don't see anywhere else on your roster that you would need anything that we have.
                        Last edited by fear the elf; 04-02-2010, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Gocong should have been playing 3-4 OLB right out of college.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                            It does if a certain Raider CB ends up on your roster...

The Eagles are definitely in the thick of things right now. It will be interesting to see how all these rumors play out.
                            But that trade rumor has us giving up Asante as well...

Comment

Being from Philly, Sheldon Brown was my favorite Eagle. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Birds move up on draft day for Earl Thomas or even Eric Berry, both of whom they've scouted heavily. Both those guys may have the ability to play corner along with FA-pickup Marlin Jackson (if healthy).

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                              - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                              www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information