Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redskins pick up Willie Parker

Redskins pick up Willie Parker

Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that the Redskins reached an agreement with free agent running back Willie Parker. According to Schefter, it's a one-year contract with a maximum value of $3.1 million.

The Redskins already had Clinton Portis, and in March they added Larry Johnson. Now they have three running backs who have been among the best in the league in the past, but who appear to have lost a step.

Thats a pretty crowded depth chart.

Comment

of older guys who are passed their primes
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

exactly.
        Washington really needs to focus on O-line in the draft or all these old RBs are going to die.
        GO RAVENS

Comment

Seems a little crowded. I liked the Larry Johnson signing but it looks like they're going to have trouble getting these three guys onto the field. I don't think Portis and Johnson would be too happy about a three-headed backfield, either.

Comment

They are just piling on the ****** running backs!

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

What the hell I didn't even know Parker was a free agent.

Comment

It's Shanny, he likes his RB's like Gruden likes his QB's. The only thing that matters is building the line. Don't be shocked for us to go Okung 1st round and still go OT or maybe OG in the 2nd round. Also I wouldn't worry about anger about sharing the load. All 3 of these guys are lucky to be employed and will be cut loose the 2nd any of them acts out. I'd be 50/50 right now on the chances either Parker or Johnson will be cut before the season. Parker was actually the guy I would have rather signed in the start over Johnson.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

might as well give shaun alexander another chance haha

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                    Seems a little crowded. I liked the Larry Johnson signing but it looks like they're going to have trouble getting these three guys onto the field. I don't think Portis and Johnson would be too happy about a three-headed backfield, either.
                    Then all they would have to do is play right, because there is an open competion at RB so the best man is going to get the job
                    RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

they would have awesome RBs three years ago

Comment

i still get stiff thinking of portis his first two years

Comment

Clinton Portis might not be the player he once was but I don't see him as washed up he for sure has more left then the other two.

Comment

They're a Tim Tebow away from having a near perfect wish-bone backfield...

Comment

I bet parker doesn't even get out of training camp

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                              Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information