Brian Westbrook Number 2 Player i would take

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
    Yes but how can you possibly take Deuce over Jackson, Westbrook, Gore, LJ, and others. Heck, Deuce may not even be the best RB (When I say RB I don't mean just as a runner) on your team!
    its not he is just a good runner. he is a solid blocker and a very good pass catcher. he hasnt the burning speed but he can make something out of nothing with pure power and absolute great vision ( vision wise he is top 5 with LT , LJ , Gore ) ....

for me its ok if you dont like him ( or like the 1000 others in front of him more ) but you need to bring the facts on the table and not only speculations. he is the complete package

Comment

A lot of people don't remember it, but Deuce was a very good back out of the backfield before he tore his knee up. Just look at 2002-2003 (his best years).

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
        Why would you take Bush over Westbrook when he doesn't do anything better than him? If anything, Westbrook is the player that Reggie Bush one day hopes to be.
        It depends on how Bush continues to develop. His last half of the season stats were pretty phenomenal. Extrapolate them, (since that's what people do in the off-season), and you get 2,000 total yards, 104 catches, 20 total touchdowns, 4.8 ypc. Of course extrapolation is only accurate to a degree. It cannot account for intangibles, anomalies, and variation of the teammates around the player, or the players he's facing. That said; it does show the upside Reggie Bush has. He isn't on Westbrook's level yet, but he could attain that by this time next year, and eventually surpass that mark.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
          A lot of people don't remember it, but Deuce was a very good back out of the backfield before he tore his knee up. Just look at 2002-2003 (his best years).
          thank you , that is what i tried to explain ...

he isnt in the league since yesterday.(or last season )

Comment

My order

LT
            Jackson
            Jones-Drew

LJ
            tiki
            Last edited by bantx; 03-14-2007, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Jones - Drew over LJ? Jones - Drew isn't a Top 10 back yet, maybe in the AFC.
              | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Yes but how can you possibly take Deuce over Jackson, Westbrook, Gore, LJ, and others. Heck, Deuce may not even be the best RB (When I say RB I don't mean just as a runner) on your team!
                Go watch some tape of Deuce during the 2003 season (9 straight 100+ yard games). Dude was a top 5 RB in the league without a doubt. The only healthy season he's had since then was this past season, when he was sharing carries with none other than Reggie Bush, and even then he played great with what he was given. I'm a huge Bush supporter, but I would take a completely healthy Deuce over any RB in the league right now not named LT, LJ, or Jackson (yes, I'd take him over Gore).
                The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

I'll take Stephen Jackson. After that, I would probably go Portis followed by Larry Johnson.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Also why is everyone forgetting about Chester Taylor? He's a beast! He has to be consisdered.
                    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                      Also why is everyone forgetting about Chester Taylor? He's a beast! He has to be consisdered.
                      I don't know if I would go as far as saying Taylor is a beast. He was more productive than I thought he would be.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

He's good, but not great and just doesn't have the talent level of most of the other guys mentioned. He has the arguably the best left side of the offensive line in football, and that is evidenced by most of his success running left. Even then, he just barely averaged 4 yards per carry, and if you take away just the one long run, he only averaged 3.7 behind a solid O-Line. He's a good player and I really like him, but not a top-5 and possibly not even a top-10 runningback in the league.
                        The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

You win the award for biggest homer post of the year.
                          Originally posted by GermanSaint View Post
                          cant even spell his name right , i cant respect you . deuce is a VERY BETTER talent than tiki , but he dont have this OL and D# to produce
                          heres a good homer post jet

Comment

Jones - Drew over LJ? Jones - Drew isn't a Top 10 back yet, maybe in the AFC.
                            Yeah hes so little and strong, and his quickness is great. He's in my top ten backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              It depends on how Bush continues to develop. His last half of the season stats were pretty phenomenal. Extrapolate them, (since that's what people do in the off-season), and you get 2,000 total yards, 104 catches, 20 total touchdowns, 4.8 ypc. Of course extrapolation is only accurate to a degree. It cannot account for intangibles, anomalies, and variation of the teammates around the player, or the players he's facing. That said; it does show the upside Reggie Bush has. He isn't on Westbrook's level yet, but he could attain that by this time next year, and eventually surpass that mark.
                              Saints fans; this was uncharacteristic for me. Soak it up, enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by hugepunch View Post
                                heres a good homer post jet

knowledge has nothing to do with homerism... please inform , after this you can post your crap

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information