Randy Moss, Deal Very Close

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    I was assuming they were getting Rodgers as part of it. That may or may not be true, so I spoke to soon.
    The new trade rumor I'm hearing doesn't involve Rodgers but rather KGB or Corey Williams.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Took me forever and a day, but I found this in the Raider forum, posted March 1st:

KNBR is reporting that the Raiders and Packers have reached a tentative agreement on compensation for Randy Moss. But the entire thing is contingent upon Moss (and his agent) ability or willingness to restructure his current contract into something the Packers are more comfortable with and can absorb.

The particulars of the deal weren't discussed, but it has been rumoured that the Raiders would get a 2nd round pick in 2007 and an additional pick in 2008
      Last edited by slightlyaraiderfan; 03-14-2007, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
        Took me forever and a day, but I found this in the Raider forum, posted March 1st:

ummm, that's exactly what's in the first post.....
        Originally posted by njx9
        i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

it's the same rumor that has been going around and people who have been posting it probably dont even know what knbr is. it just makes it sound better.

Comment

They run the WCO...isn't Randy Moss in the WCO kind of counterintuitive?

Theyre better off getting one of these young promising WRs in the draft. They have a nice young unit so far, they don't want to ruin their progress with a potential lockerroom cancer.

Moss should go to a team that is missing the one key link to being top tier. He'd look good in a Jags uniform. Especially with Leftwich's cannon.

Comment

I know Ted Thompson's recent history when in charge of personnel. Even dating to his Seattle days, when he was largely in charge of the draft, with Holmgren getting final say, I know he's never been a part of a deal up that I can remember. If this trade does go down (and sarf's finding the original post may make this thread to be dated ... after all, Journal-Sentinel reported this morning of the Raiders interest in KGB and Corey Williams), that would certainly impact the ability to move up.

Here's my case as to why it's not impossible. Thompson's built a solid core, but what he really lacks on that teams is top level talent. He's not going to find that top level talent by consistently dealing back. There's two ways of building through the draft:

a) getting top talent initially, then building the core later
              b) getting the core first, and adding the top talent later so that they don't go through long developmental struggles

To suggest that any team is welded to the idea of not doing something is probably a bit of a reach. Certainly, teams have their habits and preferences, and that always plays a role. That being said, to say something is set in stone "wrong" is unrealistic. If they do make a move for Moss, what that sends is a signal that they are legitimately trying to make one final push under Favre. Waiting for a 2nd round RB and whatever mediocrity that can be found in FA, along with the amazing trio of Noah Herron, Vernand Morency, and PJ Pope, doesn't seem to coordinate with that philosophy.

It's too early to diminish any factor, IMO. What Thompson likes best is options and versatility. I don't believe he is welded to the idea of never dealing up, as is somewhat implicitly implied by many.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                I know Ted Thompson's recent history when in charge of personnel. Even dating to his Seattle days, when he was largely in charge of the draft, with Holmgren getting final say, I know he's never been a part of a deal up that I can remember. If this trade does go down (and sarf's finding the original post may make this thread to be dated ... after all, Journal-Sentinel reported this morning of the Raiders interest in KGB and Corey Williams), that would certainly impact the ability to move up.

Here's my case as to why it's not impossible. Thompson's built a solid core, but what he really lacks on that teams is top level talent. He's not going to find that top level talent by consistently dealing back. There's two ways of building through the draft:

a) getting top talent initially, then building the core later
                b) getting the core first, and adding the top talent later so that they don't go through long developmental struggles

To suggest that any team is welded to the idea of not doing something is probably a bit of a reach. Certainly, teams have their habits and preferences, and that always plays a role. That being said, to say something is set in stone "wrong" is unrealistic. If they do make a move for Moss, what that sends is a signal that they are legitimately trying to make one final push under Favre. Waiting for a 2nd round RB and whatever mediocrity that can be found in FA, along with the amazing trio of Noah Herron, Vernand Morency, and PJ Pope, doesn't seem to coordinate with that philosophy.

It's too early to diminish any factor, IMO. What Thompson likes best is options and versatility. I don't believe he is welded to the idea of never dealing up, as is somewhat implicitly implied by many.
                Its always good to here from Toonster. I learn something with every post.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                  Why is there no way? Raiders still would need a QB, and 2/3 scenarios haven't really changed.
                  We're just hopeing that the Raiders strike a deal for Schaub (maybe a 2nd and 3rd -since they are seeking a 2nd in the trade they could risk one) after they trade Moss and then draft CJ.

That way, The Falcons don't have to face him twice a year.

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    maybe this is going to happen, green bay would have a pretty sick WR core
                    Sick as in declining skills and injury prone Moss?

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
                      Sick as in declining skills and injury prone Moss?
                      Moss/Driver/Jennings doesn't sound too bad on paper at all.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                        yea nothing new here. I would rather we didn't give up anymore than a 3rd, we could throw in KGB to sweeten the pot.
                        If by sweeten the pot you mean make it smell like **** I would agree. Nobody wants your garbage, not even the Raiders.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          If by sweeten the pot you mean make it smell like **** I would agree. Nobody wants your garbage, not even the Raiders.
                          I was waiting for you to say something like that. The Packers trigger something in you, you always take a shot at em, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            I was waiting for you to say something like that. The Packers trigger something in you, you always take a shot at em, lol.
                            Oh I like Vince. I just find it incredibly unrealistic that KGB would have the value to bump it from a 2nd pick down to a 3rd.

Now, maybe a 2nd and KGB instead of a 2nd and a conditional 2008 pick I could see.

Packers fans seem stuck to the idea that they aren't going to give up a 2nd round pick. It's going to happen exactly how I predicted in the Moss thread. If they can pull it off for less than the value of a 2nd I will give them the ol' Tip O' the Hat. But I doubt it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

If the Packers were to offer a player, the source said the Raiders wouldn't have any interest in quarterback Aaron Rodgers but indicated that defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila or defensive tackle Corey Williams might have considerable appeal to them. The Packers insist Rodgers isn't available, anyway.
                              http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=576312

I'll give my prediction right now:

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila and a third round draft pick.

Comment

The last three years.

Randy Moss

49 catches 767 yards 13 TD's
                                60 catches 1005 yards 8 TD's
                                42 catches 553 yards 3 TD's

Eddie Kennison

62 cathces 1086 yards 8 TD's
                                68 catches 1102 yards 5 TD's
                                53 catches 860 yards 5 TD's

And people still want to say Moss is one of the better WR's in the NFL why???

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information