Randy Moss, Deal Very Close

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Moss, Deal Very Close

KNBR is reporting that the Raiders and Packers have reached a tentative agreement on compensation for Randy Moss. But the entire thing is contingent upon Moss (and his agent) ability or willingness to restructure his current contract into something the Packers are more comfortable with and can absorb.

The particulars of the deal weren't discussed, but it has been rumored that the Raiders would get a 2nd round pick in 2007 and an additional pick in 2008.
    "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

That sounds a lot like the rumor I saw last week..

Comment

yea nothing new here. I would rather we didn't give up anymore than a 3rd, we could throw in KGB to sweeten the pot.
      Originally posted by njx9
      i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

maybe this is going to happen, green bay would have a pretty sick WR core

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

So weird that Moss could go to GB, where he was a hated and hunted man for so many years.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I am thrilled about this. Because now there is no way Calvin Johnson falls to Tampa Bay.

Comment

Please get it done Al
              Love those who love you but don't let love f*ck up your vision. How much love did your loved ones have when you were broke or doing time in prison? RIP MAC DRE

Comment

I think this is a bad deal. Why? Has nothing to do with Moss really (at least, not directly). Just that, in giving up their 2nd, they somewhat limit their flexibility if they want to move up in the draft. For example, say Adrian Peterson falls as many still speculate. Green Bay really needs a running back ... but without a 2nd, they'll be hardpressed to shoot up to grab him. Or let's say Adrian Peterson comes off. They'll be a bit more hardpressed to jump before Buffalo to grab Marshawn Lynch (although I guess the first/3rd and another pick could get them into San Francisco's spot). In short, I think it limits their options in the draft.

Comment

I'd like to see the link, I think it IS the same article from last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    I am thrilled about this. Because now there is no way Calvin Johnson falls to Tampa Bay.
                    Why is there no way? Raiders still would need a QB, and 2/3 scenarios haven't really changed.

Comment

i hope it happens i would like to see randy moss rejuvenate his career and get back to his hall of fame form.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                        Why is there no way? Raiders still would need a QB, and 2/3 scenarios haven't really changed.
                        I was assuming they were getting Rodgers as part of it. That may or may not be true, so I spoke to soon.

Comment

I think this is a bad deal. Why? Has nothing to do with Moss really (at least, not directly). Just that, in giving up their 2nd, they somewhat limit their flexibility if they want to move up in the draft. For example, say Adrian Peterson falls as many still speculate. Green Bay really needs a running back ... but without a 2nd, they'll be hardpressed to shoot up to grab him. Or let's say Adrian Peterson comes off. They'll be a bit more hardpressed to jump before Buffalo to grab Marshawn Lynch (although I guess the first/3rd and another pick could get them into San Francisco's spot). In short, I think it limits their options in the draft.
                          wrong. Our GM will never trade up and i mean never. He can simply draft Lynch or trade back get an extra second and draft Olsen. If we have a good passing attack less teams will have 7 ppl in the box which will allow us to run. Good example is the Clots.

Comment

I cannot remember the last time Ted Thompson traded up in round 1, so I don't know if that was the plan this go around.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              Preach on, Shiver. Keep CJ out of the NFC South!

Unless the Saints draft him.
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information