No announcement yet.

3-Way Trade: Lions, Broncos, Eagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ernie was the perennial DPOY in one of my Madden 08 franchises. He had enough speedz to pull down 20+ picks a season

Comment

Originally posted by Kramer View Post
      It wasnít much of a risk for the Eagles since they only gave up a 5th round pick, and Ernie Sims has put up some good numbers in the past but has been stuck on a bad Lions defense. I havenít really watched him play before though but he isnít getting good remarks here from Lions fans. I remember liking him a lot coming out of college.

The Lions got the best deal here, they didnít give up much at all for a pass catching TE, I donít know how Denver benefited from this trade.
      Good numbers is a stretch. He misses more tackles than he makes and he NEVER makes any actual game changing plays (ie a sack, interception, or forced fumble).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Josh McDaniels must have the biggest ego in the world or he must hate the broncos

Comment

Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
          Denver got ripped off in my opinion. Good trade for Detroit though, not sure what Philly sees in Sims.
          They don't see a Detroit Lions jersey on him anymore, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Complex View Post
            Josh McDaniels must have the biggest ego in the world or he must hate the broncos
            Or both???

Comment

Champ's play has really dropped off I don't see him having much trade value, unless it's the Jet's they will take any one. :)

Comment

It wasnít much of a risk for the Eagles since they only gave up a 5th round pick, and Ernie Sims has put up some good numbers in the past but has been stuck on a bad Lions defense. I havenít really watched him play before though but he isnít getting good remarks here from Lions fans. I remember liking him a lot coming out of college.

The Lions got the best deal here, they didnít give up much at all for a pass catching TE, I donít know how Denver benefited from this trade.
                good numbers? 1 interception, 2.5 sacks and a whopping 4 forced fumbles (3 of which in 2007) in four seasons with the Lions.

Ernie Sims' numbers are pedestrian at best. He averages just over 70 tackles a season. And all his actual plays happened in 2007! He had 96 tackles, 3 FF, 1 INT, 1 SCK. After that: nothing.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I am so glad I am not a Broncos fan.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                    good numbers? 1 interception, 2.5 sacks and a whopping 4 forced fumbles (3 of which in 2007) in four seasons with the Lions.

Ernie Sims' numbers are pedestrian at best. He averages just over 70 tackles a season. And all his actual plays happened in 2007! He had 96 tackles, 3 FF, 1 INT, 1 SCK. After that: nothing.
                    I was just going by his tackles, even though that is an overrated statistic.

06-07 125 tackles
                    07-08 134 tackles
                    08-09 113 tackles

Prior to Josh McDaniels, it seemed that the Broncos had a nice core of playmakers on offense to surround Jay Cutler with Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, and Tony Scheffler. Now Cutler and two out of those three guys are gone, and coincidentally the one playmaker they didn’t trade this off-season is the guy who underperformed the most compared to his previous season.
                    Last edited by Kramer; 04-19-2010, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I was just going by his tackles, even though that is an overrated statistic.

06-07 125 tackles 81 solo
                      07-08 134 tackles 97
                      08-09 113 tackles 71

Prior to Josh McDaniels, it seemed that the Broncos had a nice core of playmakers on offense to surround Jay Cutler with Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, and Tony Scheffler. Now Cutler and two out of those three guys are gone, and coincidentally the one playmaker they didnít trade this off-season is the guy who underperformed the most compared to his previous season.
                      he is a pile jumper

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ct-with-lions/

Tony Scheffler is pumped about joining the Lions, but he had to tell coach Jim Schwartz he would not seek a new contract before Detroit agreed to acquire him.

The Lions didn't want a holdout, and Scheffler was happy to oblige.

Scheffler grew up an hour from Detroit and told Mike Klis of the Denver Post he wants to "Restore the roar!"

"I was just talking to my brother about that," Scheffler said. "It's going to be surreal walking into that locker room and putting on those clothes for the first time."

Comment

I absolutely loved Sims coming out, wanted him on the eagles then. Hopefully he can excel with a change of scenery.

Comment

I was skeptical about Detroit getting Scheffler, because Pettigrew was supposed to be an all-around TE who can block and catch very well who started to come on late. Still though Scheffler is a beast at catching the ball and always has, and I think it's smart to give Stafford more weapons.

You can still find ways to use both TE's, and the cost isn't very much for a solid addition on the team.

Not too many 3 team trades that happen that often, I can't comment too much on Sims because I rarely got to see him play but it'll be interesting to see if all these moves the Eagles are making will pay off or not.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

If they're not super intent on resigning Scheff, it's more likely that Detroit just wasn't that interested in paying Ernie for another year. They should keep an eye out for Washington in round 2 or something.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                I was skeptical about Detroit getting Scheffler, because Pettigrew was supposed to be an all-around TE who can block and catch very well who started to come on late. Still though Scheffler is a beast at catching the ball and always has, and I think it's smart to give Stafford more weapons.

You can still find ways to use both TE's, and the cost isn't very much for a solid addition on the team.

Not too many 3 team trades that happen that often, I can't comment too much on Sims because I rarely got to see him play but it'll be interesting to see if all these moves the Eagles are making will pay off or not.
                                Detroit didnít lose much at all in this deal, they basically got an extra playmaker for Stafford like you said for nothing. TE isnít a pressing need, but they were probably just thinking, ďWhy not?Ē.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information