Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3-Way Trade: Lions, Broncos, Eagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
    Ernie was the perennial DPOY in one of my Madden 08 franchises. He had enough speedz to pull down 20+ picks a season
    I traded Randy Moss at 35 for a 1st and 2nd in madden too.
    Breed's QB Philosophy:
    Originally posted by Breed
    At the end of the day...

    Mobility > Accuracy

    Comment


    • #47
      Denver, masters of the three-way trade.

      Comment


      • #48
        This was actually a 4 team trade when you think about it. We traded our 5th round pick that we got in the Sheldon Brown deal.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Kramer View Post
          Detroit didn’t lose much at all in this deal, they basically got an extra playmaker for Stafford like you said for nothing. TE isn’t a pressing need, but they were probably just thinking, “Why not?”.
          Exactly. Ernie wasn't gonna get a new contract anyway and he essentially got beat by a rookie linebacker (Levy) last season, so his value was next to nothing, at least as far as the Lions were concerned.

          Sig by Fenikz

          I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Kramer View Post
            Prior to Josh McDaniels, it seemed that the Broncos had a nice core of playmakers on offense to surround Jay Cutler with Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, and Tony Scheffler. Now Cutler and two out of those three guys are gone, and coincidentally the one playmaker they didn’t trade this off-season is the guy who underperformed the most compared to his previous season.
            you're giving a one-sided assessment of the situation. if you look at it from the other extreme, mcdaniels traded away three self-absorbed malcontents, one of which is a 26 int throwing "franchise qb" who cried his way out of town. another is an incident away from a season suspension... we're talking about a guy who literally acted like a five year old by punting footballs in practice. the last is a piece of **** who said "i can't wait for the season to be over" near the end of last season when the team was fighting for a playoff spot.

            mcdaniel's first year certainly hasn't been flawless. though it's early, some of his top draft picks from last year seem questionable at best. his play calling isn't where it needs to be. you could argue he failed to compromise in the cutler and marshall situations but i think it's pretty clear both of them forced his hand. he's had the misfortune of inherting a lot of shanahan's **** in terms of talent and character. i think mcdaniels has done a good job of rebuilding the team and he has them heading in the right direction
            Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
            Ain't takin no shorts no more

            Comment


            • #51
              Ugh. I remember back in the 06 season, we had just suffered a big time end of season collapse because the defense forgot how to tackle and cover, but I looked at it and said, the future will be better. We had just drafted Doom, Cutler, Marshall and Scheffler and all of those guys were making big time impacts as rookies. Scheffler was statistically one of the best TEs in December. Marshall had a couple of great games when Cutler got in there. Dumervil was a sack machine even then. And of course Darrent Williams, who had gone through some growing pains but looked like he'd be something legit some day. Javon Walker had just had a dominant season and the thought of him paired with Marshall was pretty exciting.

              I wake up the next day and Darrent Williams was dead. Javon Walker never did anything again after that. Cutler makes a Pro Bowl and we trade him. Then we drop Marshall and Scheffler in the same off-season. Now we have no direction and two good young players on our team, 3 years later. You've done a great job, McD.


              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                Ugh. I remember back in the 06 season, we had just suffered a big time end of season collapse because the defense forgot how to tackle and cover, but I looked at it and said, the future will be better. We had just drafted Doom, Cutler, Marshall and Scheffler and all of those guys were making big time impacts as rookies. Scheffler was statistically one of the best TEs in December. Marshall had a couple of great games when Cutler got in there. Dumervil was a sack machine even then. And of course Darrent Williams, who had gone through some growing pains but looked like he'd be something legit some day. Javon Walker had just had a dominant season and the thought of him paired with Marshall was pretty exciting.

                I wake up the next day and Darrent Williams was dead. Javon Walker never did anything again after that. Cutler makes a Pro Bowl and we trade him. Then we drop Marshall and Scheffler in the same off-season. Now we have no direction and two good young players on our team, 3 years later. You've done a great job, McD.
                So what are you guys looking to get in return for Dumervil now? :)


                http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                  So what are you guys looking to get in return for Dumervil now? :)
                  Doom and Clady are staying because I recently bought their jerseys and they know I will cry if they leave. It's bad enough I've had to retire my Cutler jersey and my Marshall hoody. Please leave me some clothes to wear.

                  Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                  Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                  i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                  Originally posted by Job
                  NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Canton45 View Post
                    a fast athletic linebacker who was great player on a terrible team who started to play like he didn't care which is what a lot of talented players look at moss on the raiders ,Thomas Jones on the cardinals
                    ********, Ernie Sims was never good. He made the Pro Bowl one season for being "the second coming of Derrick Brooks" yet all he did was rack up a ton of tackles 15 yards downfield on a terrible defense. He constantly overpursued and ran himself out of plays, and I think he has yet to make a big play in the NFL. Dude is terrible.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Cunningham View Post
                      you're giving a one-sided assessment of the situation. if you look at it from the other extreme, mcdaniels traded away three self-absorbed malcontents, one of which is a 26 int throwing "franchise qb" who cried his way out of town. another is an incident away from a season suspension... we're talking about a guy who literally acted like a five year old by punting footballs in practice. the last is a piece of **** who said "i can't wait for the season to be over" near the end of last season when the team was fighting for a playoff spot.

                      mcdaniel's first year certainly hasn't been flawless. though it's early, some of his top draft picks from last year seem questionable at best. his play calling isn't where it needs to be. you could argue he failed to compromise in the cutler and marshall situations but i think it's pretty clear both of them forced his hand. he's had the misfortune of inherting a lot of shanahan's **** in terms of talent and character. i think mcdaniels has done a good job of rebuilding the team and he has them heading in the right direction
                      so u think the Broncos have a better team now than before?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        ********, Ernie Sims was never good. He made the Pro Bowl one season for being "the second coming of Derrick Brooks" yet all he did was rack up a ton of tackles 15 yards downfield on a terrible defense. He constantly overpursued and ran himself out of plays, and I think he has yet to make a big play in the NFL. Dude is terrible.
                        I'm surprised at how many people still think Sims is worth a crap. He's a first rounder from the Millen era. Only two of those guys are still around... one of them is Jeff Backus for crying out loud.

                        Sig by Fenikz

                        I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          People know who he is so he has to be good right?

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                            so u think the Broncos have a better team now than before?
                            in comparison to what it was under shanahan? i think so. the defense is vastly improved to the point where it's at the very least middle of the pack. footballoutsiders did an article that said the defense in shanahan's last year was one of the worst three defenses in the past two decades. detroit's defense of the same year was one of the other two.

                            there's room for improvement on offense in all facets of the game. that being said i think a lot of people are misremembering the offense under cutler. they racked up a lot of yards but were below average in points, partly because of all the turnovers. mcdaniels has focused on improving the running game and creating a balanced offense, an idea that shanahan had abandoned. special teams coverage was also vastly improved last season.
                            Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
                            Ain't takin no shorts no more

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Cunningham View Post
                              you're giving a one-sided assessment of the situation. if you look at it from the other extreme, mcdaniels traded away three self-absorbed malcontents, one of which is a 26 int throwing "franchise qb" who cried his way out of town. another is an incident away from a season suspension... we're talking about a guy who literally acted like a five year old by punting footballs in practice. the last is a piece of **** who said "i can't wait for the season to be over" near the end of last season when the team was fighting for a playoff spot.

                              mcdaniel's first year certainly hasn't been flawless. though it's early, some of his top draft picks from last year seem questionable at best. his play calling isn't where it needs to be. you could argue he failed to compromise in the cutler and marshall situations but i think it's pretty clear both of them forced his hand. he's had the misfortune of inherting a lot of shanahan's **** in terms of talent and character. i think mcdaniels has done a good job of rebuilding the team and he has them heading in the right direction
                              I still think that Cutler is a franchise QB. He wouldn’t have done half as badly last season if he was still in Denver, and besides he had no help around him in Chicago. Bad offensive line, no running game, and no receivers in a brand new offensive scheme for him.

                              Marshall is a head case though you are right about that, but if Shanahan was still there, I think they would be in a much better situation, they wouldn’t be cleaning house, they would just be adding more playmakers on both sides of the ball.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Kramer View Post
                                Marshall is a head case though you are right about that, but if Shanahan was still there, I think they would be in a much better situation, they wouldn’t be cleaning house, they would just be adding more playmakers on both sides of the ball.
                                I hear this "just needed to add a few players on defense" crap all too often. The D was a ******* disaster, and wasn't going to get any better as long as Shanahan had control of personnel and a yes man as his DC.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information