3-Way Trade: Lions, Broncos, Eagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
    I wake up the next day and Darrent Williams was dead. Javon Walker never did anything again after that. Cutler makes a Pro Bowl and we trade him. Then we drop Marshall and Scheffler in the same off-season. Now we have no direction and two good young players on our team, 3 years later. You've done a great job, McD.
    Are you blaming Williams' death on McDaniels?

Comment

Originally posted by Job View Post
      its clearly a string of bad events

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
        damn...ernie simms is perfect for philly
        Yep, ****** linebackers and Philly is a pretty good fit.

Comment

Ernie Sims is good football players. Damn eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Ernie Sims is good football players. Damn eagle.
            You'll be happy when Marion Barber is dragging him 15 yards down the field and he's leaving wide open cutback lanes for Felix Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
              I traded Randy Moss at 35 for a 1st and 2nd in madden too.
              I think you got robbed, back in 05 Keenan McCardell was always good for an instant first rounder from somebody and he was like 38.

Comment

Originally posted by Job View Post
                Nope, that is pretty much on Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                  Yep, ****** linebackers and Philly is a pretty good fit.
                  Stewart Bradley disagrees with you.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                    I think you got robbed, back in 05 Keenan McCardell was always good for an instant first rounder from somebody and he was like 38.
                    if you play your cards right, a 38 year old center who is about to retire can net you a first in madden :P

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Scheffler and a 7th Rounder for Ernie Sims. I definitely approve. Doubt we could've done much better for him.

Comment

Originally posted by WMD View Post
                        Scheffler and a 7th Rounder for Ernie Sims. I definitely approve. Doubt we could've done much better for him.
                        all that AND a threeway. Dream come true.

I image Lion on Eagle on Bronco pr0n is all the rage in certain interweb circles....

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                          And we received more than we gave.

Comment

Just played Madden and Ernie Sims is an 87 overall with 88 speed. Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                              Just played Madden and Ernie Sims is an 87 overall with 88 speed. Championship.
                              I just realized that Ernie Sims was one of the few decent defenders the Lions have in that game. Damn you Mike Tolliver, 3rd round OLB turned DE with 86 speed 82 strenght 99 OVR who has so far amassed over seventy sacks in three seasons, why are you not real?!?!?!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post

I image Lion on Eagle on Bronco pr0n is all the rage in certain interweb circles....
                                Rule 34, buddy.

Anyway, I have no doubt Sims will look better with real DL's protecting him and better LB's around him to cover up his mistakes. But he wasn't going to work out with the Lions, so this is good value for him imo.

Two things Sims always did which I could not stand:
                                - overpursuing plays to the inside and leaving wide open lanes for RB's to get to the outside and take it to the house
                                - flying reckelssly into every tackle after the play was already made, lighting up his own teammates as often as he did the ball carrier.

ProFootballFocus lists him as the very worst 4-3 OLB (with enough qualifying snaps to be ranked), giving him a -8.9 rating against the run which is 1.3 points worse than the second-worst ranked OLB.

He is still very fast and athletic but is a liability against the run and I believe he has one interception in his career. In comparison to the defense-leading role he was drafted for, he is a huge bust. But as I said, in a better overall defense with people to cover for him, he will probably look OK.

I like him as a guy a whole lot, great personality, not a troublemaker at all, so from that standpoint I wish him the best. As long as the Eagles don't ask him to do too much he will probably be OK, though with his small size, a few missed tackles and injuries will be inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information