No announcement yet.

3-Way Trade: Lions, Broncos, Eagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hope this means the Eagles pass up on Daryl Washington in the 2nd.

I don't want to see Washington on the Eagles. Dude is a beast, and hopefully Ernie Simms continues to suck for the Eagles and costs them the chance to nab Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I don't want to see Washington on the Eagles. Dude is a beast, and hopefully Ernie Simms continues to suck for the Eagles and costs them the chance to nab Washington.
      Wow, first time you don’t like a move the Eagles make, when I saw on the forum home page you commented on this I was expecting a pro Philly post.

Comment

Originally posted by Kramer View Post
        Wow, first time you don’t like a move the Eagles make, when I saw on the forum home page you commented on this I was expecting a pro Philly post.
        Actually, I didn't like a couple of moves they made.

Didn't like the Sheldon Brown trade, didn't like trading McNabb within the division, didn't like letting go of Weatherspoon, and I don't like this trade.

I generally like what they do, and the proof is in the pudding with Philly bc they are consistent winners, but I question some of the moves they made this offseason.

To clarify though, I can understand why they traded Sheldon considering his age/contract, I understand letting go of Spoon, and I understand the value they got in return for McNabb.

But I still feel that the moves weren't worth it. Spoon left for nothing, having Sheldon for a year is worth more than a 5th to me, and the extra 3rd/4th they got out of McNabb is not worth competing against him for the next 4 years within the division.

Comment

If anyone has read the Lions forum you would know we have been calling for Sims to get traded or released for two years now. He hasn't been remotely close to good since the middle of his second season. I wish him luck in Philly, but I'm ecstatic we actually got something for his worthless ass.

Comment

Well you are off the hook with that, Washignton will not be an Eagles unless he would fall bigtime. The Eagles are probably only targetting MLB and SLB prospects now, as they have 3 WLBs on the roster already. I think this move means the end of Omar Gaither though, maybe he'll catch on somewhere whenever his time is up with the Eagles.
            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Actually, I didn't like a couple of moves they made.

Didn't like the Sheldon Brown trade, didn't like trading McNabb within the division, didn't like letting go of Weatherspoon, and I don't like this trade.

I generally like what they do, and the proof is in the pudding with Philly bc they are consistent winners, but I question some of the moves they made this offseason.

To clarify though, I can understand why they traded Sheldon considering his age/contract, I understand letting go of Spoon, and I understand the value they got in return for McNabb.

But I still feel that the moves weren't worth it. Spoon left for nothing, having Sheldon for a year is worth more than a 5th to me, and the extra 3rd/4th they got out of McNabb is not worth competing against him for the next 4 years within the division.
              Yeah cutting Witherspoon had my head scratching, and the belief behind trading McNabb within the division was because they wanted him to be happy and he didn’t want to play for Oakland or Buffalo, and the Cardinals already solved their QB problem, for now. They definitely could have gotten more value for Sheldon Brown too, but they must not have had too much confidence in his game anymore to give him up that easily despite him wanting a new contract.

I guess you just don’t like Howie Roseman, and think that Tom Heckert is a great GM.

Comment

I think Detroit got the best of this trade.

If Tony can come back from that ACL, he's a player. Teams are trading away talent for peanuts in this draft. I think some teams are overvaluing draft picks and getting caught up in the "best draft everzzzz" hype.

Some quality players are going for 5th round picks. Theres no way you can tell me that a 5th in this draft is worth more than some of these players being traded.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                  Well you are off the hook with that, Washignton will not be an Eagles unless he would fall bigtime. The Eagles are probably only targetting MLB and SLB prospects now, as they have 3 WLBs on the roster already. I think this move means the end of Omar Gaither though, maybe he'll catch on somewhere whenever his time is up with the Eagles.
                  Word on the street is they are going to package some picks to move up and nab Earl Thomas.

I think that would be a mistake. While I love Earl, I think Philly would do better just collecting several players. Kareem Jackson, Pouncey, Iupati, etc would be great picks, and they get to keep their 2nd rounders.

Originally posted by Kramer View Post
                  Yeah cutting Witherspoon had my head scratching, and the belief behind trading McNabb within the division was because they wanted him to be happy and he didn’t want to play for Oakland or Buffalo, and the Cardinals already solved their QB problem, for now. They definitely could have gotten more value for Sheldon Brown too, but they must not have had too much confidence in his game anymore to give him up that easily despite him wanting a new contract.

I guess you just don’t like Howie Roseman, and think that Tom Heckert is a great GM.
                  Honestly, I think its Andy Reid running the show. Always has been. Always will be until he gets fired.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                    If anyone has read the Lions forum you would know we have been calling for Sims to get traded or released for two years now. He hasn't been remotely close to good since the middle of his second season. I wish him luck in Philly, but I'm ecstatic we actually got something for his worthless ass.
                    exactly this. He's been on the 'needs to be traded'-list for a long time now.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                      exactly this. He's been on the 'needs to be traded'-list for a long time now.
                      I never thought he was good in the first place. His one "Pro Bowl" season consisted of overrunning plays and making tackles 15 yards down field.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        I never thought he was good in the first place. His one "Pro Bowl" season consisted of overrunning plays and making tackles 15 yards down field.
                        I guess if you want a guy to be acceptable he is... I so want at least a few of Millen's picks to be worth ANYTHING.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Stafford is surrounded by a great cast of receiving options now. Megatron, Nate Burleson, Brandon Pettigrew, and now Scheffler in a Dallas Clark TE/WR role.
                          I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                            Stafford is surrounded by a great cast of receiving options now. Megatron, Nate Burleson, Brandon Pettigrew, and now Scheffler in a Dallas Clark TE/WR role.
                            Wow, if Detroit gets a run game and OL, they have the makings of a dangerous offense.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                              Wow, if Detroit gets a run game and OL, they have the makings of a dangerous offense.
                              that's a big if. We did get Sims to shore up one guard position. Ghosder is still a total bum though.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                                that's a big if. We did get Sims to shore up one guard position. Ghosder is still a total bum though.
                                If you guys take Suh (which I guess is pretty much a given if he's there, correct me if I'm wrong), I could see a scenario in which both could still vastly improve. Something like Ducasse in round 2, Hardesty in round 3, and (insert interior OL that fits your scheme) in round 4 could bring about a significant turnaround, provided all those players work out of course. Give it a couple seasons though, it doesn't look that far off, especially if your FO gives up on Backus soon.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information