Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-Way Trade: Lions, Broncos, Eagles

Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Three way trade -- Eagles get LB Ernie Sims, Lions get TE Tony Scheffler, Broncos get undisclosed draft pick.
    Interesting, I wonder why the Lions want Scheffler after they just drafted Pettigrew? Sure they're different types of TEs, but I don't really like it for them.

EDIT - Here's the full terms:

ProFootballTalk

Full terms on 3-way trade: Philly sends 5th rounder to Denver, which sends Scheffler and 7th to Detroit, which sends Ernie Sims to Eagles.
    Last edited by coordinator0; 04-19-2010, 11:55 AM.

damn...ernie simms is perfect for philly
    E]

Comment

Lions going to a more 2 TE set?
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Welp that takes the Eagles out of getting Spoon. Even better.

Comment

Pettigrew did blow out his knee last November so maybe there are concerns. Ernie Sims is terrible so I could care less that he's gone.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

weird trade for detroit....

edit: but i guess that we shouldn't be surprised about that!
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

I thought Scheffler would be going to Cincy.

Comment

Sims is HORRIBLE. At least we got an NFL-caliber starter out of the trade. This trade does make me more concerned about Pettigrew's knee though.
                I'm a state.

Comment

We've been looking at alot of tight ends for this draft. Pettigrew tore his ACL and is more of a complete tight end. Good intermediate guy and good blocker. Scheffler stretches the field a little better. Two tight end sets are good, keeps defenses guessing but we still have better protection for Stafford since our line is shaky.

Linehan loves 2 tight end sets. Rams drafted 2 in one draft early and traded for Randy McMichael. When with Minny, he had Wiggins and Kleinsasser.

Ernie didn't fit the scheme here but that makes OLB a need now for sure.

Comment

Yeah, like said above, Linehan likes to go 2 TE, going back to his time at Louisville. Pettigrew (if healthy) and Scheffler is a good 2 TE duo. Good pair of receivers with Megatron.
                    Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

Denver got ripped off in my opinion. Good trade for Detroit though, not sure what Philly sees in Sims.
                      Breed's QB Philosophy:
                      Originally posted by Breed
                      At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
                        Denver got ripped off in my opinion. Good trade for Detroit though, not sure what Philly sees in Sims.
                        Depends on the pick they get, which I would guess a 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                          Depends on the pick they get, which I would guess a 5th.
                          They sent their 7th away and got a 5th. Pretty bad value if you ask me.
                          Breed's QB Philosophy:
                          Originally posted by Breed
                          At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

Doesn't Sims blow and nearing the end of his rookie contract? The Eagles needed a SLB, not another WLB.

Comment

What the hell is Denver doing?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information