No announcement yet.

What year was the best in your team's history?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1976 Oakland Raiders - 13-1 and beat Minnesota 32-14 in Super Bowl XI.

John Madden, Ken Stabler, Art Shell, Gene Upshaw, Dave Casper, Ted Hendricks, Fred Biletnikoff, Cliff Branch, Ray Guy, George Atkinson, Willie Brown, Jack Tatum, John Matuszak, Phil Villapiano, Otis Sistrunk, Clarence Davis, Mark van Eehgan. 7 Hall of Famers among that lot.

Originally posted by ChiFan24 View Post
      1985. And since I'm really not big on pre-merger NFL, I'd rank 2007 second.
      wtf 2007?

Big Brian Griese fan or something?

1998 Broncos season was easily their best. Started out 13-0 before succombing to the pressure and losing 2 of the final 3.
        Then roflmao-stomped I believe the Dolphins in the playoffs before having a tough game against the Jets, but winning it and proving to much for the Falcons.
        1997 team would be 2nd.

Originally posted by Paul View Post
          Probably the 92-93 season for the Cowboys. Bursting at the seams with youth and talent.
          Maybe the 1990 - 91 yrs. for Dallas, the rollup to the 3 SB rings in 4 yrs.

My only signed sports memorabilia knicknack: the Feb. 8th, 1993 SI cover signed by Troy Aikman with the RIDE 'EM, COWBOY! caption showing Aikman running for a SB TD vs. the Bills.

The springboard was of course the Herschel Walker 16-for-1 trade with the Vikings, no team has been gutted for a single player like that in NFL trading history. Jimmy Johnson built the Dallas team core talent from cherrypicking among those 16 draft picks & players. The downside was the screaming match he had with Jerry Jones after their 2nd SB win together & Johnson quit, Jerry handed the best team in the NFL to his old Arkansas buddy & arguably the most corrupt coach in college NCAA Div. 1 history, Barry Switzer, just tragic. Switzer's SB win should draw an asterisk explaining this debacle.

Shameful too that Jerry still can't control his mouth after he's had a few anymore than Ben Rothlisberger can control his male member when he's had a few. Both of those gentlemen could use rehab IMO more than Amy Winehouse.

Another one would be the 1975 Cowboys, the epic SB fail in the 76 SB vs. the Steelers, Roger Staubach vs. Terry Bradshaw. Late 4th qtr, Dallas down by < a TD: Roger the Dodger throws a low pass to TE Jackie Smith all alone standing on the goal line & Smith drops it.... you could just see the TV sets being turned off all over Texas.
          Last edited by LizardState; 04-22-2010, 12:06 PM.

lol for the lions it was probably somewhere in the 1950s

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

I'd say 1953 for the Lions. Went 10-2 and won the Championship.

Originally posted by Jakey

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Honestly for the Ravens' I'd say the 2002 season. It was one season removed from the greatest defense of all time and a Super Bowl domination. We made the playoffs and then came the salary purge. Weren't expected to do much of anything and yet with a bunch of rookies and young guys finished the season in the playoff hunt until the end and finished 7-9.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

The 1998 team was great, but 1997 was a little better because they had so much more to overcome, and they finally got the 500-pound gorilla off the back of the franchise and the whole City of Denver.

Debug Information