Aaron Rodgers / Picks Vs Randy Moss / Courtney Anderson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    What value does he have if they never planned on him playing. Do you realize what little sense that makes? .
    Do you realize how little sense you are making? Do the names Mark Brunell or Matt Hasselbeck ring a bell? Did you even know they were at one time backups behind Favre with about the same chance of playing as hell freezing over?
    If you did, you wouldn't have made this ridiculous statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Meta4 View Post
      Not if we get randy moss out of it then I have to say it worked out perfect. We would get rid of someone who is getting paid alot of money to carry a clipboard and in return get one of the best wideouts in the league. And yes he is still one of the best. The greenbay organization has done this so many times before, I really dont understand why so many people are shocked that it may happen.
      Ok think about this.

You used a 1st round pick on a guy.

You got absolutely nothing out of him for two years.

You are now possibly trading him for a guy that has the value of a mid-to-late 2nd rounder.

How in the world is that working out perfectly?

Hass was drafted in the 6th round. Brunell and Brooks were mid-round picks. All three were traded because Favre wasn't going anywhere for many years.

There is a HUGE difference here.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead10790 View Post
        I dont see a problem with drafting a player who has the best value on the board. It leaves you options for scenarios like THE ONE RIGHT NOW.Good trade value. I like Rodgers and wouldnt mind giving him a shot but I would give him up for Moss in a heartbeat.
        It's not good trade value, it's TERRIBLE trade value.

You could have taken a player in 2005 with the 24th pick, used him for three years, and taken the mid 2nd rounder this year and traded him for Moss.

How can ANYONE not understand how this is not good value?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I had a feeling Courtney Anderson was going to be traded or cut. He hit an escalator in his contract moving his salary for next year to 1.4 Million.

Comment

Every GM says that.

As for "uncalled" comments. I'm not talking about swearing or things of that nature, I'm talking about bringing up completely irrelevant points, such as Rex Grossman or things of that nature. I hate when people try to measure someone's comments dependent upon what team they root for, as if that has anything to do with anything.

Not to mention I didn't even say it was a bad move for the Packers, I was just weighing the pros and cons, as opposed to simply saying "OMGZ WHATS A GREEAAT TRARED THE PACKERS R GOIN TOT HE SUPERBOWL!!!" which is apparently the only commentary whatever his name is finds acceptable.
            If you were referring to me as the "whatever his name is" then you should go back and read my posts because i never once said we were going to the super bowl. If it wasnt me then disregard this comment.

THE PACK IS BACK!

Comment

i think it was just plain stupid for the packer to get rid of the future multi-MVP CRAIG NALL :D

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Not if we get randy moss out of it then I have to say it worked out perfect. We would get rid of someone who is getting paid alot of money to carry a clipboard and in return get one of the best wideouts in the league. And yes he is still one of the best. The greenbay organization has done this so many times before, I really dont understand why so many people are shocked that it may happen.
                That isn't the point. When the Packers drafted Aaron Rodgers they didn't do it knowing that Moss would be available in a trade a couple years later. They did it for one of two reasons. Either they planned on Aaron Rodgers being the QB of the future or they did it because they are idiots. Tell me, why did the Packers draft Aaron Rodgers if they never had any intention of him seeing the field?

Comment

I'll tell you this, the Packers are taking the NFC North in 2007. That dude knows it too.

Comment

Ok think about this.

You used a 1st round pick on a guy.

You got absolutely nothing out of him for two years.

You are now possibly trading him for a guy that has the value of a mid-to-late 2nd rounder.

How in the world is that working out perfectly?

Hass was drafted in the 6th round. Brunell and Brooks were mid-round picks. All three were traded because Favre wasn't going anywhere for many years.

There is a HUGE difference here.
                    If you go back and read my posts I said sometimes you have to take a loss and move on. How many times a year does that happen in the draft?? you take a player high and he doesnt work out. It happens all the time. OH WELL!

THE PACK IS BACK!

Comment

Originally posted by lod01 View Post
                      I'll tell you this, the Packers are taking the NFC North in 2007. That dude knows it too.
                      they're taking the north by trying to pick it up from the bottom

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

you take a player high and he doesnt work out. It happens all the time. OH WELL!
                        he hasnt had a chance to not work out. he hasnt played signifigantly

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                          That isn't the point. When the Packers drafted Aaron Rodgers they didn't do it knowing that Moss would be available in a trade a couple years later. They did it for one of two reasons. Either they planned on Aaron Rodgers being the QB of the future or they did it because they are idiots. Tell me, why did the Packers draft Aaron Rodgers if they never had any intention of him seeing the field?
                          It appears that they didn't know what I knew: Favre was sticking around until he threw TD pass #421. I said years ago that he wasn't going away until that record was his. Think what you want about what he said as far as that record is concerned. Fact is he wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                            they're taking the north by trying to pick it up from the bottom
                            ??????

When did the Lions and Vikings franchises' dissolve?

Comment

Originally posted by lod01 View Post
                              ??????

When did the Lions and Vikings franchises' dissolve?
                              im just messing with ya, the pack should have a good year but i still feel the bears are entrenched

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                                he hasnt had a chance to not work out. he hasnt played signifigantly
                                He didnt play and he may get traded so therefore he didnt work out. It has nothing to do with on field production. Its a business move. I still cant believe people are bashing a a-rod for moss trade it makes no sense at all. A-rod may never see the field under his rookie contract so what should we do? Get a great talent now that plays lights out in lambeau field or let a-rod sit the bench his entire rookie contract and then loose him to free agency. I think this deal makes alot of sense.

THE PACK IS BACK!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information