X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a report from Madison ESPN radio posted on packerforum.com
    http://packerforum.com/index.php?nam......pic&t=10315
    This just in....

They interviewed the Boston Herald reporter who broke the story on the Madison's ESPN affiliate. He said his source has never been wrong and he fully expects denials until the deal is officially announced. By rule, they must deny it because of tampering. He also said it could be announced as early as tomorrow or it could be after the draft. He was born and raised in Milwaukee and that is how he has the Wisconsin source who he would not name.

THE PACK IS BACK!

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead10790 View Post
      I dont even understand this argument. This is a trade that would benefit both teams. The Packers need a WR and the Raiders a QB. Both Rodgers and Moss were 1st round picks and both have had their value drop. They have about the same value and would both benefit from the trade. It makes perfect sense to me.
      It makes TOTAL sense for both sides. If Favre sticks around 2 years, Rodgers is a zero. Get something for him and that something is a deep threat WR. If Rodgers goes to the raiders, they grab Calvin Johnson. There is nothing written in stone that Russell or Quinn is the next Manning. However, there is a much better chance that CJ is the next great WR. He has no flaws. You get a WR that is head and shoulders above ANY Wr that has come out since Moss. Take Russell or Quinn and you don't get that.

Comment

i dont know how i would feel if this trade went down being a raider fan. I would rather have a 2nd round draft pick, straight up track Rogers for Moss i dont know if that would give enough value for the raiders.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
          ESPN and NFL Network are saying this is false, and I will beleive them, I think someone either got confused, or bored, and wanted to start a good story.
          A good story it was, certainly created a lot of publicity for both parties.

Comment

I'm going to be ******* furious is The packers trade rodgers for moss. I don't bu it anyways thpough.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

very ideal trade for both teams....Packers don't have to worry about him rotting on the bench and they get depth at WR. Randy Moss still is a great reciever even though he chooses when to play. That will change with Brett, he can make anyone a team player wtih that charm....

Raiders are making a pretty good trade...Dumping a reciever that hasn't produced for them for a QB that is from the area and has the potential to make it. They are taking the safest pick in the draft (even though thats a bad comment to make) wtih CJ becuase he is going to produce with anyone. Look who his QB was in college.

This now really makes the draft intruiging...

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.../70315132/1989

"wild speculation"

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

LOL. Adam Schefter just shot the **** out of this "impending trade" down.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

sweet :) (10 characters)

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I sure hope the "Trade for Moss isn't close to happening" thing is true and not the one about the trade being about to be announced. I'm still really hoping this doesn't happen, especially for Rodgers.

And to whoever called Rodgers terrible, based on what?

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie23 View Post
                        http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pat...ticleid=188664

Could Be Anounced Soon...

Sorry to Make another Topic for this !
                        Funny that's a guy working for a Boston paper who found the story. I know he้,s member of ESPN Boston.

Thanks to BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                          I'm going to be ******* furious is The packers trade rodgers for moss. I don't bu it anyways thpough.
                          Why so we can have Rodgers waste his life on the bench for another reason? Rodgers hasn't proven anything to anyone yet. Moss is proven. Hmmm let's think about that for a moment.

Comment

GB didn't draft Rodgers because they were extremely high on him, but rather because the upside was just too much to pass on. Think about it, a potential franchise QB and possible #1 overall draft pick falls all the way to the bottom of round 1, you have a veteran QB who may retire in a year and no one behind him. Any smart GM would make that call in the same situation. Even if you aren't completely sold on the player a #23 pick is well worth the gamble for a potential franchise signal caller.

People are making it out like GB spent a top 5 pick on Rodgers instead of #23. If these rumors are true then GB took a smart gamble, evaluated Rodgers for a few years and decided he wasn't their guy. If that's the case, then they have to trade him away now to get some return value. Trading for Moss is not that big of a loss in value, he still has the ability to be a big play threat when he's motivated, and knowing how much he respects Favre, he will be. I'm not saying that we haven't lost some value, just not as much as people are trying to make it out to seem. Of course anybody can look back in retrospect and find a better pick we could have made, but I stand by my opinion that it was a worthwhile gamble, and don't see how anybody can question TT for making it.
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                              GB didn't draft Rodgers because they were extremely high on him, but rather because the upside was just too much to pass on. Think about it, a potential franchise QB and possible #1 overall draft pick falls all the way to the bottom of round 1, you have a veteran QB who may retire in a year and no one behind him. Any smart GM would make that call in the same situation. Even if you aren't completely sold on the player a #23 pick is well worth the gamble for a potential franchise signal caller.

People are making it out like GB spent a top 5 pick on Rodgers instead of #23. If these rumors are true then GB took a smart gamble, evaluated Rodgers for a few years and decided he wasn't their guy. If that's the case, then they have to trade him away now to get some return value. Trading for Moss is not that big of a loss in value, he still has the ability to be a big play threat when he's motivated, and knowing how much he respects Favre, he will be. I'm not saying that we haven't lost some value, just not as much as people are trying to make it out to seem. Of course anybody can look back in retrospect and find a better pick we could have made, but I stand by my opinion that it was a worthwhile gamble, and don't see how anybody can question TT for making it.
                              Agree 100% well said

Comment

Interesting fact

The same agents represents all parties involved

Brett Favre
                                Randy Moss (participating agent)
                                Calvin Johnson

Whos' the agent? Bus Cook.

I wonder how much Bus Cook favors to make if Calvin Johnson goes #1 overall to the Raiders? Because CJ will be drafted #1 if Moss gets traded.

Interesting eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information