Aaron Rodgers / Picks Vs Randy Moss / Courtney Anderson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Empire View Post
    Why so we can have Rodgers waste his life on the bench for another reason? Rodgers hasn't proven anything to anyone yet. Moss is proven. Hmmm let's think about that for a moment.
    Moss is a proven cancer and quiter.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
      Moss is a proven cancer and quiter.
      You are a proven idiot

Comment

Haha, today is a good day. EA bashing is always fun... and easy.

Comment

I love some of these GB fans.

Moss isn't close to a top 5 WR right now. He wasn't even on top 15 level last year. Maybe he gets motivated and gets back there but I'm not sure. He isn't the youngest guy anymore and he might have a tenth of the work ethic of Torry Holt or Marvin Harrison.

Personally, I think this all a publicly stunt so that GB management can tell the fans "We tried to get Brett some help." while they continue to rebuild there franchise. It's obvious that they aren't anywhere near another Super Bowl berth and Moss isn't going to help that.

If the trade does go down, I have to think Rodgers is either garbage or GB management is just plain terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by marks01234 View Post

Moss isn't close to a top 5 WR right now. He wasn't even on top 15 level last year. Maybe he gets motivated and gets back there but I'm not sure. He isn't the youngest guy anymore and he might have a tenth of the work ethic of Torry Holt or Marvin Harrison.

Personally, I think this all a publicly stunt so that GB management can tell the fans "We tried to get Brett some help." while they continue to rebuild there franchise. It's obvious that they aren't anywhere near another Super Bowl berth and Moss isn't going to help that.

If the trade does go down, I have to think Rodgers is either garbage or GB management is just plain terrible.
            Most Green Bay fans are the most knowledgable around. That is why 65% of Green Bay fans polled don't want him here. Many of these guys here clamoring for the Randy Moss trade aren't even Green Bay fans. They are either Raider fans who hope Green Bay is stupid enough to give up more than a mid round draft pick for Moss or they are Randy Moss fangirls.

Comment

As A Raider fan I love the fact that we are getting rid of Moss and Anderson, they both sucked big time. I like the Rodgers acquisition because we need a QB and it lessens the chance that we draft one. I don't know why the hell GB would bother throwing in an almost worthless 7th rounder, especially if its next years. If I were the Raiders I would be trying to get more than a 7th out of this.

Comment

I'm sorry dude but this whole post is garbage.

1. I don't know where any of us has said that Moss is a top 5 WR, and if someone has I can assure you that they're in the minority. That said, he played in the abyss the last few seasons before which he certainly was a top 5 WR.

2. A publicity stunt to save face with the GB fans? Do you realize how stupid that is seeing that the majority of GB fans despise Moss and don't approve of this trade?

3. None of us (except for a couple of our homers, and hey, every team has 'em) has predicted that GB will go to the Super Bowl next year. But regardless of that I'd like to know how you think adding Moss wouldn't improve our offense?

4. GB management has done a great job at rebuilding this team so far as anybody who understands football is well aware. There's still alot of work to be done but we're moving in the right direction.
                Originally posted by njx9
                i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

hmmm

I thought this might be true until I saw that Courtenay Anderson was involved...no way a team actually wants the "Dropsy Twins of 2006"....

If it did happen this would be great. I'd rather have a 2nd/3rd rd pick than get Rodgers, but whatever. We end up with CJ and that is all I need to sleep well at night. Taking a QB #1 in the draft scares me.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

I'll build on what Vince said. We dont think Moss is a top 5, maybe top 15, but the only reason he didnt look the part last was because oh I dont know... Andrew Walter was QB w/ no o-line and no RB!! All we need Moss to do is be a deep threat.

And apparently you are just like everybody else who thinks we played beyond our true potential. How can anybody say that? Sure we have a harder schedule this year but we're a young growing team, give us a TE, HB and S and we havea chance at being dominate

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                      How much better can it get for the Raiders right now. They have the first overall pick of the draft and now they are making one of tghe best trades ive seen. Theyre getting rid of Moss which they are thrilled about and bringing in a young qb who was drafted first round, almost first overall. Now the Raiders willhave their qb and can take Calvin. The Packers are screwing their franchise giving away farves succedor and bringing in a guy who give 75% at best. The Raiders must be commended and the packers fans must be sick.
                      The Packers have had 2 years working with Rodgers to see how he is developing. If they are considering trading him, it is very unlikely that they think he will ever amount to anything. Not one Tedford QB has ever had real success in the NFL, that is why so many franchises passed on Rodgers in the 1st place. I think Oakland woud have to be nuts to take Rodgers and pass on Russell, it would doom that franchise for at least a decade. Green Bay is just looking for someone to take Rodgers off their hands while getting Moss for practically nothing.
                      And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Any football fan with a clue knows Moss is still one of the most dangerous receivers in the game, and if you put in a competent offense he is a top knotch receiver without a doubt.

No he is not the youngest, but WR's are able to produce into the 30's just fine.

Torry Holt - 30 (Has had only 1 season with less then 1000 yards, his rookie year)
                        Hines Ward - 31 (975 yards the past 2 seasons)
                        Driver - 32 (Pro Bowler)
                        Terrell Owens - 33 (Arguably the most dominate receiver in the game)
                        Marvin Harrison - 34 ('Nuff said)
                        Joe Horn - 35 (Had 1400 yards in 05, at age 33)

The list goes on...Laveranues Coles - 29, Plaxico Burress - 29, Terry Glen - 32, Muhsin Muhammad - 33, Isaac Bruce - 34, Joey Galloway - 35, etc.

Moss JUST turned 30 last month.

Age is not an issue.

With that being said, It's starting to look as if this trade will not go down, and was not really as close to going down as it seemed.

IF it does happen however, the Raiders are not in a position to get even value for Moss, no way they come away with a 2nd, I doubt they get a 3rd.

They would be lucky to come away with Rodgers (though I highly doubt that) or the Packers 4th, and a player like KGB, or Ferguson.
                        Last edited by PTPaQ; 03-16-2007, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• i dont think the raiders are that foolish. if aaron rodgers was any good, the packers would keep him for themselves with favre retiring soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by geaux tigers View Post
                            i dont think the raiders are that foolish. if aaron rodgers was any good, the packers would keep him for themselves with favre retiring soon.
                            Exactly!! I'd do it if I'm GB, I don't like it if I'm Oakland.
                            And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by geaux tigers View Post
                              i dont think the raiders are that foolish. if aaron rodgers was any good, the packers would keep him for themselves with favre retiring soon.
                              Raidah's foolishness is what got them where they are today with a 2-14 record and the first pick in the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by PTPaQ View Post
                                Any football fan with a clue knows Moss is still one of the most dangerous receivers in the game, and if you put in a competent offense he is a top knotch receiver without a doubt.

No he is not the youngest, but WR's are able to produce into the 30's just fine.

Torry Holt - 30 (Has had only 1 season with less then 1000 yards, his rookie year)
                                Hines Ward - 31 (975 yards the past 2 seasons)
                                Driver - 32 (Pro Bowler)
                                Terrell Owens - 33 (Arguably the most dominate receiver in the game)
                                Marvin Harrison - 34 ('Nuff said)
                                Joe Horn - 35 (Had 1400 yards in 05, at age 33)

The list goes on...Laveranues Coles - 29, Plaxico Burress - 29, Terry Glen - 32, Muhsin Muhammad - 33, Isaac Bruce - 34, Joey Galloway - 35, etc.

Moss JUST turned 30 last month.

Age is not an issue.

With that being said, It's starting to look as if this trade will not go down, and was not really as close to going down as it seemed.

IF it does happen however, the Raiders are not in a position to get even value for Moss, no way they come away with a 2nd, I doubt they get a 3rd.

They would be lucky to come away with Rodgers (though I highly doubt that) or the Packers 4th, and a player like KGB, or Ferguson.
                                One key difference, those guys have produced. Moss hasn't produced for 3 consecutive seasons now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information