No announcement yet.

Aaron Rodgers / Picks Vs Randy Moss / Courtney Anderson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think all of this arguing about the value of the trade is just dumb, instead of sitting here and trying to figure out who got the better of the trade, I think the best thing to do is to wait till 07 (that is if this deal officially gets done). I know speculation might be the only things football fans really have to do at this point, but I think the best thing to do is just wait it out. Time will tell who got the better of the trade. Do I think that Rodgers is a bust? Certainly Not! Do I think Randy Moss can be good again? Certainly! Do I think the Packers are getting better value on this trade? I don't know! But what I do know is that if TT trades Rodgers for Moss than obviously he must think that Rodgers wasn't the guy he expected him to be. I really doubt we make the trade unless TT truly feels that Rodgers is not our future. Maybe he will succeed and maybe he just needs more time to develop, but who knows, I have barely seen him on the field so its hard to judge who is getting the better value of this trade. I also am sick of hearing things like Rodgers was taken in the 1st round and was almost the 1st pick of the draft so the Packers must be getting bad value. I definitely don't think that is the case. I think TT knows the value of Moss and how much he has to give up to get him, and if he trades Rodgers he obviously feels that Rodgers is not of the same value he was a couple of years ago, TT will not make this trade unless he absolutely 100% feels like he is getting good value here. That I do know, he is that type of guy, where he tries to get good value. Now with that said my honest opinion is that I think this trade could work out good for both teams.
    Sig Size Restriction, see rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
      One key difference, those guys have produced. Moss hasn't produced for 3 consecutive seasons now.
      He had almost 800 yards and 13 TD in 2004 and had 1000 yards and 8 TD in 2005. While those aren't elite numbers, they qualify as producing.

Comment

One key difference, those guys have produced. Moss hasn't produced for 3 consecutive seasons now.
        These are his averages over those 3 years where "he hasn't produced":

50-REC/775-YDS/15.2-AVG/8-TD per year

Obviously these numbers don't live up to his lofty ones earlier in his career, but to say that he hasn't produced is just uninformed. Anyone can figure out that averaging only 50 catches a year is the big problem and that that stems from injuries and awful QB play over 2 of those years. Obviously Moss isn't helping matters by sitting around pouting and giving up on plays, but that doesn't mean he doesn't still have a ton of talent.
        Originally posted by njx9
        i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Since two people have already shot down your statement with numbers, I'll just go ahead and add what has already been "added" twenty million times, which is the fact that Moss played in what was/is one of the most inept offenses the league has seen the past couple of years, a horrible O-line, a horrible QB situation, and no run game.

Comment

• Originally posted by PTPaQ View Post
            Since two people have already shot down your statement with numbers, I'll just go ahead and add what has already been "added" twenty million times, which is the fact that Moss played in what was/is one of the most inept offenses the league has seen the past couple of years, a horrible O-line, a horrible QB situation, and no run game.
            And for the 20,000,001st time, I asked how Andre Johnson was able to be so productive with a similar team?
            And how many catches did Randy Moss give up on himself? And why should a QB throw Randy Moss's way if he keeps giving up routes? Especially with Porter on the other side.

I can't believe so many people defending a player who has quit not just on one team, but two.

Comment

And for the 20,000,001st time, I asked how Andre Johnson was able to be so productive with a similar team?
              And how many catches did Randy Moss give up on himself? And why should a QB throw Randy Moss's way if he keeps giving up routes? Especially with Porter on the other side.

I can't believe so many people defending a player who has quit not just on one team, but two.
              this past year:

Carr>Brooks and Walter at this point of his career
              Houston's running game>Raiders running game
              Houston's oline>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Raiders o-line
              Peyton Manning Fanboy
              Originally posted by Complex
              They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

As bernbb820 said.
                Carr>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Collins+Walter+Brooks
                Easy to understand as that. Plus Carr did have a better running game.

GB is only looking for a deep threat. Jennings and Driver arent great deep threats, but as you may recall in 04 GB had Javon Walker and Favre threw for 4000 and 30 tds

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

The same Jerry Porter who spent all of last season on the sideline because he was in Al Davis' doghouse?
                  i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                    The same Jerry Porter who spent all of last season on the sideline because he was in Al Davis' doghouse?
                    Actually, it was Art Shell's doghouse ;)...either way, Porter only played a few snaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
                      Actually, it was Art Shell's doghouse ;)...either way, Porter only played a few snaps.
                      my bad, I knew he pissed someone off. lol

Comment

• As a Packer fan, I WOULD LOVE THIS TRADE!!! Will they win the Super Bowl this year? No, but with Moss they are a definite playoff team. Maybe Favre told the front office he is staying for 2 more years. If that is the case, Rodgers won't see playing time on his rookie contract, and it doesn't matter his potential. He would bolt as soon as he becomes a free agent.

In an interview last year, he was asked what would happen if Favre returned another year. He said that he can play in this league and would want a chance to prove it. Maybe Rodgers asked for a trade. From everything I have heard, they like Rodgers as a person, I don't know how they like him as a player. If they can trade him and improve their team drastically for 2 years and keep everyone happy, wouldn't that be a good trade?

Raiders:Get rid of a malcontent and get a QB.
                        Packers: Get a deep threat for Favre's last 2 years, something that he desperately wants.
                        Rodgers: Gets a chance to play before his rookie contract.
                        Moss: Get out of the abyss known as Oakland.

Everyone wins.
                        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                          If Ted Thompson honestly drafted Aaron Rodgers with no intention of ever playing him then he is the stupidest GM of all-time.

What about Matt Millen?

Anyways.. Im not a fan of this trade.. but Im not big on Russell either. I want Oakland to take Calvin, so if this trade will mean Calvin Johnson in silver and black, then Id be OK with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            It makes sense for both sides.

I must say though, as it pertains to Ted Thompson, I would be shocked that he would ship out "his guy" and risk the long term stability of the franchise for a one, maybe two year shot at making some noise in the playoffs. They either really are not sold on Rogers (which is odd since they drafted him) or they are really feeling the pressure to do something for Lord Favre in his last season or two.

Either way, I wouldn't love shipping off your QB of the future, but it does make them a better team in the short run at a time when the Bears could potentially be vulnerable.
                            these were my thoughts, it makes all the sense in the world for oakland, none for green bay...if they want to make a serious run just throw out a 2nd or 3rd and call it a day, but what if moss doesnt help favre make a super bowl run, and rogers ends up being really great, then your back at square one with no qb, and this time will have to draft one alot later, vs going with the one projected top 10 first rd

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                              He had almost 800 yards and 13 TD in 2004 and had 1000 yards and 8 TD in 2005. While those aren't elite numbers, they qualify as producing.
                              And he'd come to a team that already has a #1 in Driver. I'd take those numbes from a "#2 WR". Also with Driver to take pressure and defenders off his production should go up. Also we have a QB that can get him the ball. Favre to Moss down field is a great combo.

Comment

• You can knock 5 years off Torry Holt and Marvin Harrison's age because those guys take amazing care of their bodies. Pretty much the same with Hines Ward.

Moss is lazy. He's never in shape, he has almost no off season workout program. Lets not even bring up his "rumored" drug use.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information