• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Rodgers / Picks Vs Randy Moss / Courtney Anderson

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pat...ticleid=188664

Could Be Anounced Soon...

Sorry to Make another Topic for this !

Well, this source is a little odd...

If true, this deal works very nicely for the Raiders. They get a solid QB who has learned for 2 years under Brett Favre. They also lose Moss's poor chemistry. My guess is that the Raiders will take Calvin Johnson #1. He will take Moss's place, and then some.

The Packers are now in the market for a QB of the future and a RB. Their WR and TE problems are kind of fixed, but then what?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Why even bother putting Anderson in the trade, he is terrible. I'd be a happy Raiders fan if that happened though, just getting Moss out would make me happy actually.

Comment

If this is true, that means Oakland will not take a QB with the 1st. That means that either Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas is the 1st pick in the draft.

I think it would be a mistake for Oakland to do this. Im not a believer in Aaron Rodgers, although I readily admit its far too early to write him off.

Comment

Well, with Kiffin there, he knows what Rodgers is all about. He coached against him for several years at USC. I think they're going off that scouting report, plus the benefit in the locker room when Moss is gone...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I want Russell, just trade Moss for a 3rd and get it over with
            Taking a Knapp.

Comment

It makes sense for both sides.

I must say though, as it pertains to Ted Thompson, I would be shocked that he would ship out "his guy" and risk the long term stability of the franchise for a one, maybe two year shot at making some noise in the playoffs. They either really are not sold on Rogers (which is odd since they drafted him) or they are really feeling the pressure to do something for Lord Favre in his last season or two.

Either way, I wouldn't love shipping off your QB of the future, but it does make them a better team in the short run at a time when the Bears could potentially be vulnerable.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                It makes sense for both sides.

I must say though, as it pertains to Ted Thompson, I would be shocked that he would ship out "his guy" and risk the long term stability of the franchise for a one, maybe two year shot at making some noise in the playoffs. They either really are not sold on Rogers (which is odd since they drafted him) or they are really feeling the pressure to do something for Lord Favre in his last season or two.

Either way, I wouldn't love shipping off your QB of the future, but it does make them a better team in the short run at a time when the Bears could potentially be vulnerable.
                Well there have been rumors of the organization not being high on Rodgers since before the draft last year, but it was assumed that they were just a smokescreen.

Comment

Personally, I think trading for Aaron Rodgers and passing on JaMarcus Russell would be the biggest mistake the Raiders could possibly make. I might be in the minority on that one, but I'd try and trade Moss for a draft pick straight up.

Comment

Obviously, Lane Kiffin thinks he knows something about Rodgers, so he's making the move. He can still take Russell or Quinn, but that seems unlikely now. I would obviously prefer it (as an NFL fan) if the Raiders didn't tank this season...

Comment

I don't like this trade, we should try to get Moss or a 2nd or 3rd. It feels safer taking JR.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

I think the raiders are making a terrible mistake if they get a-rod. Any packer fan knows hes not a starting qb in this league. Just go back and look at what hes done in his short playing time. Granted its not much to judge from but god did he look terrible. Its a proven fact that "tedford system qb's" dont make it in the nfl. What makes a-rod any different? As a packer fan I would love to see the deal done. Why? because we all know a-rod is not the longterm answer for the pack. Yes we wasted a first round pick on him but sometimes you have to take a loss and move on.

THE PACK IS BACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Meta4 View Post
                          I think the raiders are making a terrible mistake if they get a-rod. Any packer fan knows hes not a starting qb in this league. Just go back and look at what hes done in his short playing time. Granted its not much to judge from but god did he look terrible. Its a proven fact that "tedford system qb's" dont make it in the nfl. What makes a-rod any different? As a packer fan I would love to see the deal done. Why? because we all know a-rod is not the longterm answer for the pack. Yes we wasted a first round pick on him but sometimes you have to take a loss and move on.
                          Any Packer fan would know this.

Aaron Rodgers has never started a game. So I'm not quite sure were you get "terribe" from.

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
                          It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
                          Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
                          http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
                          421 Witness
                          756*

Comment

Remember that Kiffen has a lot of college experience with Walter. It's possible that he thinks Walter can be the guy with some competition from Rodgers. This would free them to take CJ, who could be a great "security blanket" for Walter's development. The key to all this working is the OL, of course, as Watler's limited mobility is a hindrance if he can't get any time to throw.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              Well, this source is a little odd...

If true, this deal works very nicely for the Raiders. They get a solid QB who has learned for 2 years under Brett Favre. They also lose Moss's poor chemistry. My guess is that the Raiders will take Calvin Johnson #1. He will take Moss's place, and then some.

The Packers are now in the market for a QB of the future and a RB. Their WR and TE problems are kind of fixed, but then what?
                              i don't think you want any qb learning under favre. Sure he is great but it's his own personal style, he's reckless and will take chance most qb's dont want. It works for him but wouldn't work teaching it to an understudy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information